rllmuk
djbhammer

Xbox Series X - power your dreams

10 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Hmmm, Halo Infinite on this beast, now that’s an exclusive. 

I just hope they’ve nailed the feel of the combat this time. I recently went through Reach and then 2 on the MCC. I followed that up with a quick go on 4 and it felt so far off Bungie’s efforts, I couldn’t be bothered with it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

Hmmm, Halo Infinite on this beast, now that’s an exclusive. 

Well Halo : CE is quite possibly my favourite game of all time, so the prospect of a huge scale remake of the first game does get me salivating...

...but that's going by the assumption of two trailers. We've seen nothing real. Also 343i Halo is a bit crap in my opinion, with Halo 4 being fine and 5 being the worst in the series. Both SP & MP. My expectations for Halo Infinite are not all that high, especially if it's going to have to accommodate the Xbox One S.

49 minutes ago, Stanley said:

The combat in 5 felt really good imo, and the multiplayer is the best yet. 

I think it was coming straight off the back of the Bungie Halos. It just felt so different and not as precise.

I can’t remember it feeling weird the first time I played it, so it must just be down to noticing the differences more from recently playing the others.

3 minutes ago, JPL said:

I think it was coming straight off the back of the Bungie Halos. It just felt so different and not as precise.

I can’t remember it feeling weird the first time I played it, so it must just be down to noticing the differences more from recently playing the others.

Yeah 4 is the weakest in the series despite looking great, 5 is much better.

4 hours ago, stefcha said:

As long as you go for one for their £4-£5 ones and don't spunk £30-£100 on one advertised with "oxygen free copper wire for minimal data loss" that are an utter pisstake, yeah, I guess.

Just make sure it's 2.1 comparable for UHD 4k. I personally like the gold plated ones. But nothing too fancy as they tend to go funny after a while.

30 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Just make sure it's 2.1 comparable for UHD 4k. I personally like the gold plated ones. But nothing too fancy as they tend to go funny after a while.

I honestly can't tell if you're putting in the effort to do this on purpose or not. Well done, I guess!

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Buy cables from Curries ( non online stores) or the like. At least you know it will be good quality then.

Ah the inevitable point where the joke account oversteps the mark.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Ah the inevitable point where the joke account oversteps the mark.

I’m still waiting for the jokes though.

2 hours ago, PyramidFace said:

Halo 5 is an atrocity. What on earth is happening in this thread.

It really isn’t, it’s not perfect but it’s far from an atrocity - the multiplayer is easily the best in any FPS. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, PyramidFace said:

Halo 5 is an atrocity. What on earth is happening in this thread.

The Halo franchise is a good trilogy.

• Upvote 1

And the campaign has the best large scale battles in the whole series, other bits let it down but it does shine. 

2 minutes ago, Stanley said:

It really isn’t, it’s not perfect but it’s far from an atrocity - the multiplayer is easily the best in any FPS. 

Titanfall 2 and Apex Legends are both far superior IMO.

• Upvote 4

The campaign's a mix of good and bad but as Stanley says, Halo 5 Arena multiplayer is the series at its best online. Up there with Tites 2 as the best multiplayer shooter this gen. 

• Upvote 1

Different strokes and all, but for me Guardians is the only Halo single player campaign I've rushed through wishing it would end.

Firmly at the bottom of the pile for me. So much so that I uninstalled it immediately and didn't bother trying the multiplayer so that could well have been amazing. Titanfall 2 did enough for me on both fronts though that I don't feel like I missed anything.

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

And the campaign has the best large scale battles in the whole series, other bits let it down but it does shine. 

Now your pushing it. There’s nothing that compared to The Silent Cartographer, Assault On The Control Room or Two Betrayals in 5.

Anyway, can’t wait to finally see some gameplay and get some concrete details about Halo Infinite’s structure at E3. Please don’t fuck it up, 343.

5 hours ago, JPL said:

There’s nothing that compared to The Silent Cartographer, Assault On The Control Room or Two Betrayals in 5.

or in 2, 3, 4, Reach or ODST for that matter :seanr: 

Halo 1 is like a properly magical lightning in a bottle fluke, like a horse shagging a donkey and somehow giving birth to a unicorn and that unicorn creating a genre defining shooter

• Upvote 4

Yeah I really loved Halo 1 and had a fun time with 2 with the novelty of voice chat but I found 3 and Reach really tedious. Too much story stuff for me and I'm not really too into FPS games anyway. I'd still absolutely be buying the new Halo for Series X all the same.

There is also Ninja Theory's next game to look forward too. Quite a talented studio.

for the halo 5 multiplayer - i agree it's mostly great but there are some small changes that ruin it a bit for me, mainly the double whammy of tiny radar distance and the running punch move (although i guess the punch move on it's own would be fine). played a bit of reach when it came to mcc and think that's better still, bigger radar and some great gametypes like stockpile that are missing from 5. edit - only talking about arena, not keen on the other multiplayer modes.

I've renamed the thread. Let me know if anyone would like to take ownership of the thread, so the first post can be updated.

• Upvote 4

Hi TehStu, many thanks for updating.   I'm happy to have this in my name so the first post can be updated with all the latest info.  Cheers.

23 minutes ago, djbhammer said:

Hi TehStu, many thanks for updating.   I'm happy to have this in my name so the first post can be updated with all the latest info.  Cheers.

Done, all yours! 

Couple of links for your first page.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/02/24/what-you-can-expect-next-generation-gaming/

The full blog.

https://majornelson.com/podcast/647-what-you-can-expect-from-the-next-generation-of-gaming/

Interview with Jason Ronald - the heid bummer on Xbox hardware. 20 minutes of techy nerd stuff and Major Nelson trying to translate.

https://twitter.com/jronald

• Upvote 3

Cheers Boozy, I just saw your post after updating and think it was a close match! Cheers for the help, appreciated!

• Upvote 1