rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Plissken

Football Thread 2018/19

Ramsey and Bale both out of the Ireland - Wales match tomorrow night. Ireland need to seize this chance and get a win which might be enough to avoid relegation - and more importantly, snap up a playoff spot for the Euros.

A dour 0-0 awaits.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, the_debaser said:

Shared because barely anyone watches La Liga in the U.K. since eleven sports bought the rights. 

12 hours ago, ckny said:

No end product :blah:

You might say that @ckny but in the very same game he did this: 

Our problem is Sterling and Rashford just can’t finish.

Very clinical and incisive for both goals - now expecting us to sit back and invite them on for the next hour.

10 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Eh? Two for Sterling, one for Rashford. England are stuffing Spain.

Sarcasm doesn’t work in here sometimes.

this is looking like that freak germany game all those years ago

4 minutes ago, Adrock said:

Just to quell some of the optimism on here, one I.Aspas is currently playing for Spain.

Are you saying they're picking a weakened team? I suppose they must be if he's getting a game.

Great win. We rode our luck no end in the second half, but that first half was stunning. To beat a team as good as Spain away with such a young side, it would have to be something like this game. It's a gambler's win.  Hit them hard early in, surprise them, and get far enough in front that nerves and an inability to manage the game won't hurt us in the end. 

1 hour ago, Loik V credern said:

Why are competitive England games not on live terrestrial tv anymore? 

Sky have the rights to the Nations League. The Euro 2020 qualifiers will be back on ITV.

1 hour ago, Adrock said:

Just to quell some of the optimism on here, one I.Aspas is currently playing for Spain.

That England squad isn't exactly full of experienced players. I think they're a breath of fresh air and Southgate's selection was remarkably brave. Spain fielded a lot of experienced internationals.  

It was brave but also very lucky. The keeper should have been sent off and Spain were camped in the England half for the entirety of the second half.

It was an entertaining match. Definitely not one full of quality.

• Empathy 1

16 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

Sky have the rights to the Nations League. The Euro 2020 qualifiers will be back on ITV.

I thought these were the Euro 2020 qualifiers?

16 minutes ago, Adrock said:

It was brave but also very lucky. The keeper should have been sent off and Spain were camped in the England half for the entirety of the second half.

It was an entertaining match. Definitely not one full of quality.

To be fair though, if the ref had given the penalty for the trip on Sterling at the start of the second half, Spain don't get anywhere near coming back.

1 hour ago, ckny said:

I thought these were the Euro 2020 qualifiers?

These are pre-qualifiers that decide the seeding for the qualifiers and qualify you for post-qualifiers if you don't already qualify.

It's very simple.

• Upvote 3