Jump to content

Football Thread 2018/19


Plissken
 Share

Recommended Posts

Obviously disappointed to lose and  ideally we'd have drawn (with Leicester getting a late equalizer rather then the other way around), but can't say I'm not happy that the Leicester players, fans and staff had as good a day as possible in the circumstances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

2 onside goals ruled offside today <_<

 

VAR please.

 

I have no idea why the Premier League haven’t implemented a technology that in the past few weeks would have seen goals allowed against Spurs, disallowed for Arsenal and one disallowed and two sendings off for Man City.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Plissken said:

 

I have no idea why the Premier League haven’t implemented a technology that in the past few weeks would have seen goals allowed against Spurs, disallowed for Arsenal and one disallowed and two sendings off for Man City.

 

You got any chips with all that salt?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Plissken said:

 

I have no idea why the Premier League haven’t implemented a technology that in the past few weeks would have seen goals allowed against Spurs, disallowed for Arsenal and one disallowed and two sendings off for Man City.

 

I appreciate that any (real or perceived) big club bias must be incredibly frustrating, but still, fucking hell. :lol:

 

Spoiler

I’m sure I read that two-thirds of the teams in the Premier League voted against its implementation (this season, with another vote due before next), so I’m sorry, but I’m not seeing how the current absence of VAR is down to some shadowy conspiracy against the “little” clubs.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Good effort. Spurs fans are shite

 

To be fair a 7:45 kick off up north on fireworks party night is not really a game away fans are going to be fighting to go to - no disrespect to Wolves as it was a cracking game but poor choice by the pren league.

 

I did hear then singing at the end tho!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

 

To be fair a 7:45 kick off up north on fireworks party night is not really a game away fans are going to be fighting to go to - no disrespect to Wolves as it was a cracking game but poor choice by the pren league.

 

I did hear then singing at the end tho!

 

I came from London today and made plenty of noise. 

 

If Spurs hadn’t have scored you wouldn’t have known they were there. 

 

Terrible support, they don’t deserve that team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

 

To be fair a 7:45 kick off up north on fireworks party night is not really a game away fans are going to be fighting to go to - no disrespect to Wolves as it was a cracking game but poor choice by the pren league.

 

I did hear then singing at the end tho!

 

‘Up north’

 

It’s only about 100 miles north of the m25. 

 

Spurs fans are shite, dr_manhattan^ is right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

 

I came from London today and made plenty of noise. 

 

If Spurs hadn’t have scored you wouldn’t have known they were there. 

 

Terrible support, they don’t deserve that team. 

 

What a hero you are, travelling all that way to see your team at home :rolleyes:

 

Its a terrible fixture time on a busy weekend, we barely had any fans go and it was a cheap ticket and subsidised travel option - I’ve tried to be nice but Wolves are hardly a glamour team to make extra effort to see on a big family party night at a stupid time with a late journey home.

 

Spurs have good support esp away, stupid comment to make on your part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

 

What a hero you are, travelling all that way to see your team at home :rolleyes:

 

Its a terrible fixture time on a busy weekend, we barely had any fans go and it was a cheap ticket and subsidised travel option - I’ve tried to be nice but Wolves are hardly a glamour team to make extra effort to see on a big family party night at a stupid time with a late journey home.

 

Spurs have good support esp away, stupid comment to make on your part.

 

I’m no hero, but the spurs fans are fucking terrible. 3-0 away from home and silence. I heard them four times 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 and during the minutes silence. 

 

Terrible fans. If Spurs have good support they must have all been Christmas shopping tonight.

 

I don’t really see how it’s a stupid comment on my part. I was there tonight and I compare it to all the other clubs fans I’ve seen over the years, including our own away from home. 

 

Spurs fans were poor at best. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dude Ranch said:

What even is this nonsense? Based on what crazy scale are you judging football fans now?

 

The support they offer their team. 

 

Spurs fans fans were terrible tonight. 

 

The scale is based on on the average support I’ve seen through my lifetime. 

 

Based on the quality of spurs’ team, the score, and in relation to teams like Leeds, Sunderland, Birmingham City and West Bromwich Albion, Spurs support was awful. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dude Ranch said:

Obviously but I don't understand the obligation to sing your heart or else you're labelled fucking shit supporters. When you've lost and you're mocking the away fans..

 

Maybe you can be a good set of supporters and be quiet, I don’t know. All I know is that tonight I was was unimpressed with the Spurs support. 

 

Maybe Spurs fans are generally amazing and loud and support their team through thick and thin. 

 

Tonight they were quiet and didn’t offer much to their team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

He's clearly completely wankered. His team were beaten so he's having a go at the opposition fans. It's a bit embarrassing.

 

I’m sober. As I said, the best team won, I was just disappointed in the Spurs fans, I expected much better from them. 

 

It was a great game, best so far this season from the nine games I’ve been to. Great win for Spurs given the glut of fixtures they have at the moment. 

 

Yes we we had a good goal disallowed, but the ref gave us two penalties he might not have. 

 

We gave it a good go, but really the difference is what you do with the chances you have. Costa has to put his chance away, where as Kane does well to follow up for the winner. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.