IGNORED

Paladins: Champions of the Realm (F2P on Switch now)

Marlew

Another reason to love the event is that I got Cassie’s copcabana skin from one of the chests. More importantly, I now have access to the accompanying voice pack. Play of the Game isn’t right without ‘everyone at the beach is talking about you’.

2 hours ago, DC LEMON said:

Another reason to love the event is that I got Cassie’s copcabana skin from one of the chests. More importantly, I now have access to the accompanying voice pack. Play of the Game isn’t right without ‘everyone at the beach is talking about you’.

Don't you have to buy the voice packs? DIdn't realise you got them with skins. I got a skin of one of the guys in beach stuff yesterday, but it's a champion I have never played as

On 27/06/2018 at 20:20, Strafe said:

Has any mention been made of the battle royale mode on Switch?

No word yet AFAIK, but it's only been out in Alpha on PC since early June so I'd imagine it's still a way away. 

1 hour ago, Vorgot said:

Don't you have to buy the voice packs? DIdn't realise you got them with skins. I got a skin of one of the guys in beach stuff yesterday, but it's a champion I have never played as

Every skin I’ve received from a chest has come with the voice pack.

• 3 weeks later...

1.3 is out but Switch has to wait until the 25th. Maybe F2P is coming with it?

I’m going to buy that Battle Pass. Everyone disapproves of buying loot boxes but we’re still in the honeymoon period where buying Battle Passes to grind for stuff that would normally be in loot boxes is a fun thing.

15 hours ago, iknowgungfu said:

Is there a recommended beginners guide to this. I have no idea wtf is happening in this. My team won the first match though!  Enjoyable first round. 

Played as Buck who was good fun. 

It’s difficult to find a good beginner’s guide video because the game constantly evolves, as it has done with the latest patch. The Paladins Wiki is the best place to answer all your questions.

https://paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

My first bit of advice is, if you have any intention of playing Paladins, download it now and do your daily login (go to store in the menu and press X to claim your daily reward). You don’t even have to play a match as far as I’m aware. It takes about a minute of your time and doing it every day earns you 50 crystals per week (the only way to get them without paying) and some gold, which is necessary for unlocking characters without the founders pack.

13 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Any way to link Xbox and Switch accounts on this?

I don’t think so. It’s like the difference between Fortnite and Rocket League. With Fortnite you buy everything directly from Epic. With this and Rocket League you’re buying from the eShop or Xbox marketplace, so they don’t let you share the microtransactions. I hope this doesn’t have to be set in stone.

I tried Koga for the first time last night. It won’t be the last time. What a monster. It was said there would be a high skill ceiling to playing him. That was fake news. As someone who normally plays support, this was most pleasant.

Assuming he’s not unlocked for F2P at the moment, that’s one of your first character purchases right there.

Ah man, that's a shame. This a lot of fun and shared progression would just be the icing on the cake. As it stands, I'd favour Xbox over Switch, though I'd not play it anywhere near as much.

Also, it seems you can't buy the Founder's Pack on Switch any more. Weird. It's 25% off on Xbox which I'd buy in heartbeat if linked to Switch.

2 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Ah man, that's a shame. This a lot of fun and shared progression would just be the icing on the cake. As it stands, I'd favour Xbox over Switch, though I'd not play it anywhere near as much.

Also, it seems you can't buy the Founder's Pack on Switch any more. Weird. It's 25% off on Xbox which I'd buy in heartbeat if linked to Switch.

You can buy the founders pack with crystals so presumably you just need to buy enough of those to get it now.

Anyway this is rather impressive and I enjoyed the couple of rounds I played last night but I too had very little idea what on Earth I was doing!!

I spunked £25 on this to get in early, then never played it. All because I had credit burning a hole in my pocket and it was something shiny and new. I suppose I really should give it a look now it is free :facepalm:

Started this yesterday and it's marvelous on Switch in handheld mode, really smooth and controls are nice and responsive. 

Victor is a decent starter pick as he's a traditional attacking character with CoD FPS controls and good for the TDM mode for new players.

20 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

I mean, deep down you must have known.....

If it makes any difference, I also thought I was a killing machine when I played my first few matches. Didnt realise they were bots until it was mentioned in here :facepalm:

I thought the movement was a bit stiff at first, but then played some Overwatch last night and it’s not wildly dissimilar. I was hyped about Overswitch before the machine was released last year and this more than proves it could be done. I mean, fuck it, limit the player base to switch and Speak and Spell for all I care, just get it done, Blizzard... no... wait... Hi-Rez beat you to it. I’m looking forward to the day when I have one beer too many and buy the founder’s pack.

I’m a big fan of the blindfolded Reaper/Moira mash-up character. I know, I know, it was only against bots but I managed a kill streak of 23, 0 deaths and more assists, kills, healing and credits than the rest of my team by a mile. She’s especially deadly as a duo with the shield dude.