Life Is Strange 2 | Episode 1 of 5 released 27th September 2018

ryodi

My only dilemma is whether to play them episodically as they are released or to binge the whole lot once they are all out.

Played through Life is Strange & Before the Storm pretty much back to back and I think the story benefited from not having a big gap between episodes. 

Max and Chloe are going to take some beating as lead characters though.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, deKay said:

Are these the two kids who live next door to the hero from Captain Spirit?

I think so. Maybe the 

power used to save Chris wasn't his own but from Sean, the older brother in LiS 2

Good trailer and nothing too much has been given away but so looking forward to playing it.

Small spoilery synopsis of the story's beginning

The main characters of Life is Strange 2 are brothers Sean (16) and Daniel Diaz (9), two brothers living a fairly normal life in Seattle, Washington state. Following a tragic event, their lives are forever changed. Now on the run from the police and threatened with both separation and incarceration, Sean decides to take his younger brother and seek a better life in their family’s home town of Puerto Lobos, Mexico.

Life on the road is tough and dangerous. The brothers will face all manner of challenges as they bravely undertake a journey that will test the bonds of brotherhood. Playing as Sean, you will need to make the kind of tough choices you can expect from a Life is Strange game, and you will need to live with the consequences of your actions. The game will this time focus on brotherhood alongside the need to guide and educate your younger brother whilst simultaneously coming of age yourself. As with previous games in the series, Life is Strange 2 will tackle a host of issues that all of us can identify with and that will cause moral dilemmas and require much soul searching. These themes come together most powerfully in the way Daniel will develop depending on the lessons you teach him and the role model you decide to be.

We are also really excited to confirm that Life is Strange 2 will feature a new power. What it is and how it relates to the brothers is something you will discover in due course!

As Sean and Daniel travel towards Mexico, they will meet an entirely new cast of characters and pass through numerous new settings. Life is Strange 2 will also include multiple features that will be unveiled over the course of the next week, as we strive to deliver the most ambitious Life is Strange entry with the highest production values in the game series to date. Jonathan Morali, the French composer who worked with the team on the first game, is also composing a new original soundtrack for Life is Strange 2 which will be supported by a brand new licensed soundtrack.

1 hour ago, Talk Show Host said:

Wow.. This looks really bad... Horrible voice acting and writing, bland interactions and characters, worse facial expressions than the first game and, besides the soundtrack, nothing reminds me of the charm and believable characters of the first game. 

Wow. :(

Oh you

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't realise this was gonna be double the price of the original. Guess I won't play it on release and wait for a sale when all episodes are out! Such a shame, but I'm not willing to put down 40 quid, especially not before all the episodes are out/reviewed :( was really looking forward to playing it soon.

20 hours ago, Illyria said:

I didn't realise this was gonna be double the price of the original. Guess I won't play it on release and wait for a sale when all episodes are out! Such a shame, but I'm not willing to put down 40 quid, especially not before all the episodes are out/reviewed :( was really looking forward to playing it soon.

that kinda sucks. I was looking forward to this too, but the life is strange games get heavy discounts a few months after they are all out. Not too sure what to do then. I'd be happy if they delayed it and released all episodes as one game personally, im not keen on the huge gaps between games it looses momentum.

Just now, BadgerFarmer said:

Are they not selling the episodes separately this time? PSN store only has the full season at £32.99. Seems, er, strange for this sort of game.

before the storm didn't sell them separate, i had to pay for a full season . I only ended up playing episode 1, i must get back to it.

Ah right. I only played S1 recently after it came up on PS+ and noticed the episodes had been separate. I just thought that was the whole point of this model. I'm not about to pay for the whole thing up front.

Not that I'm necessarily going to get it anyway. But a relatively cheap first episode might have drawn me in.

2 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

before the storm didn't sell them separate, i had to pay for a full season . I only ended up playing episode 1, i must get back to it.

It did, I checked my PSN emails and I bought episode one for £4.99, then a pack of episode 2 and 3 for £9.99.

Huh. Didn't realise at the time I was getting a 'reverse discount' on buying 2 and 3 together. What a crock.

Huh, I didn't realise they were charging 33 quid for the whole season. That's quite a price hike. Strange how that works psychologically because I really enjoyed Season 1 and would probably happily say I got at least that amount of value out of it. But because it's jumped in price so much I feel less inclined to buy it. Stupid human brain.