Life Is Strange 2 | Episode 1 of 5 released 27th September 2018

ryodi

Finished episode 5 today and literally cried for the last 20 minutes of it. This whole season has been genuinely affecting for me, I think it's the themes of

Spoiler

being a 'foreigner' and all that entails which is addressed so tactfully yet realistically, in addition to way you witness the relationship between the brothers change and mature.

I know it's not for everyone but it really saddens me that so few people seem to be bothering with this, because I think it's a fantastic story. I really hope they keep making more of these.

This whole set of themes of what community, family, and society are about and for, what happens when people fall outside them, and how people build their own really held together through the whole thing. It never really had the kind of drama that LiS 1 had but it’s very clear that’s the result of decisions they made to make this particular story, which really played well to the episodic structure.

What an ending. It manages to be unanticipated but completely of a piece with the story. This would’ve been going in my top 5 of 2019 even if I hadn’t played so few new releases this year.

Finished episode 5, this is more like it. Finally an episode with some energy behind it and memorable actions.

Its a shame the series as a whole didn’t have more of this as for the most part it’s a fairly slow story that doesn’t feel like much is happening compared to LiS1. I won’t say much else for spoilers but episode 5 certainly wasn’t the filler I was expecting and has helped raise my enjoyment of the game. There was one point in particular that took me a moment to cotton on and was really great.

Id love a story covering Brody and maybe one of his trips. Maybe a Before the Storm style short story. Although going back to Max and her being older would be great.

• 1 year later...

Just finished this. Found the first two episodes by turns a boring slog and anxiety inducing. It found it's feet in the third act and then four and five were just amazing. 

I had to plow through Episode 5 as soon as I finished 4 and saw this on the title card.

Spoiler

1007113-life-is-strange-2-episode-5-play

16 minutes ago, Unofficial Who said:

Just finished this. Found the first two episodes by turns a boring slog and anxiety inducing

Nice to hear as I've just started this and finished E1... which was boring as fuck.