IGNORED

Spider-Man: Far from Home (Homecoming sequel)

JohnC

• 1 month later...

There was an episode of the '90s Spider-Man cartoon in which

Spoiler

the Chameleon disguised himself as Nick Fury but was found out because the eyepatch was on the wrong side.

Purely speculative spoilers! But you never know...

14 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

What’s the deal with 3D these days, not watched a 3D film in the cinema since Harry Potter but the choice is 2D or IMAX 3D?

Those aren't your only options. There should still be plenty of cinemas without any IMAX branding (whether that's true IMAX or "liemax") that show it in other 3D formats (RealD, Dolby3D, etc). How frequent 3D screenings are compared to 2D ones seems to vary by cinema - in my experience they've dropped a lot in the last few years.

But if you've ignored 3D films for the best part of a decade, I'm not sure why you'd consider this, of all films, to be the one to tempt you back. Like all MCU films, it's not naively shot with 3D cameras so it would be a post-conversion. (The only MCU film I've seen in 3D was Doctor Strange - which happened to be probably the only one that really benefitted from the format.)

14 minutes ago, Nick R said:

Those aren't your only options. There should still be plenty of cinemas without any IMAX branding (whether that's true IMAX or "liemax") that show it in other 3D formats (RealD, Dolby3D, etc). How frequent 3D screenings are compared to 2D ones seems to vary by cinema - in my experience they've dropped a lot in the last few years.

But if you've ignored 3D films for the best part of a decade, I'm not sure why you'd consider this, of all films, to be the one to tempt you back. Like all MCU films, it's not naively shot with 3D cameras so it would be a post-conversion. (The only MCU film I've seen in 3D was Doctor Strange - which happened to be probably the only one that really benefitted from the format.)

I just found 3D to be a gimmick and made everything darker and seemed lower res back in the day, we had a 3D plasma with 4 sets of glasses and always bought 3D versions of films but really it was for the kids as they loved it but can’t say I’ve missed it at all since we changed telly.

I guess I was wondering if IMAX 3D is the best looking version, Odeon here are suggesting its 2D or IMAX 3D with no IMAX 2D option if that makes sense - plenty of other films are being shown in IMAX 2D!

Sorry for derail, I’m not a big Spider-Man film fan but really liked the MCU one and pretty hyped for this one so wanted to see it at its best, we have Vue, Odeon and Picture house here but not on at Picture house, no IMAX at Vue hence my question - I’m out of the loop as for past decade 90% of films we’ve seen have been with kids, neglected stuff we’ve wanted to see but getting back into it all.

On 26/06/2019 at 23:29, Uncle Mike said:

I find it hard to imagine that the 3D one will be the best version.

On 27/06/2019 at 18:54, deerokus said:

It wasn't shot on IMAX cameras so it's debatable of it is worth it. If 3D comes along with IMAX (no 2D IMAX) I would avoid. 

Tickets booked and avoiding 3D! 

Just saw this. Had fun.

Edit: Actually, after thinking about it, it was also a big mess, but a fun mess nonetheless.

Thought they did the best they could with Mysterio, but they really need to let go of Stark.

Was good to see an old face back at the end though.

Has this been given a small release or something? Looking at listings for the local Cinema and there's 3 screening tomorrow (only one in the evening) yet at the same time I've counted 20 Toy Story 4 screenings in one day. WTF MON?

32 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Has this been given a small release or something? Looking at listings for the local Cinema and there's 3 screening tomorrow (only one in the evening) yet at the same time I've counted 20 Toy Story 4 screenings in one day. WTF MON?

Seems strange. My local cineworld has 11 showings of spidey and only 6 toy story so not a small launch from them. 

Just bunked off work to watch this. It's as close to perfect as any film I've seen. Up there with in the mood for love. The perfect distillation of 20-odd marvel movies and on a par with Tim Burton's Batman as the best ever superhero movie.