5 minutes ago, krenzler said:

Virtua Fighter 6? No?

100% guaranteed.

Spoiler

There don't appear to be any Sega representatives attending. Would Koei Tecmo handling Virtua Fighter be worse than it not existing at all?

I started Fighting EX Layer tonight and got stuck into the trials for Darun and Allen. The 15th and 16th trials for each of them are infuriating, weird juggles and I took 20 minutes to do them. The 16th ones I'll think about in my sleep before trying.

Its pretty fun.

Tekken and Soul Calibur announcing new things at the round table. Still no confirmation from Capcom though. They were scheduled to show something at Evo before it got cancelled so I'd have thought they'd have a trailer ready.

I don’t know what to think about this. My expectations are super low.

I almost don’t want street fighter stuff as I haven’t touched it this year... not sure I could go back now. I’d rather get excited about newer stuff like GG strive and KOF.

3 hours ago, joffocakes said:

Twelve hours or so until this roundtable. Looking forward to an incomprehensible stream of discussions and one Tekken character teaser.

Itll be interesting as if im honest i never saw Negan coming in a million years!

Someone on twitter said they are hoping its Snoop Dogg. lol

• Upvote 1

- Setsuka's back for Soulcalibur VI
- a fourth season + better online for Tekken 7

- Leo Whitefang's back for GG Strive + Nagoriyuki reveal (the black samurai that got teased at the end of the game's reveal trailer) + confirmed for PS5

Cool, cool!

Just setting up the new Fightcade 2. It seems super slick now, especially since you can install a plugin which downloads the required ROMs just by joining a game's channel. There's a nice setup guide here. NAOMI stuff is available, albeit with delay-based netcode at the moment. I think private lobbies are coming pretty soon too so hopefully we could get some forum fuckabouts going?

• Upvote 1

I’d be up for that and that plugin is excellent. I think lobbies are in but only if you’re a patron - someone I know set up a Third Strike lobby on Saturday for a tournament they were running.

I’ve been hanging out on there recently, but mostly for Magical Puzzle Drop, Tetris The Grand Master 2, and Money Puzzle Exchanger. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Mane6 put out a trailer for the new Kickstarter stretch goal character for TFH. She is called Shanty and she is a pirate goat. Typically excellent theme song, has strong King K. Rool vibes. I'm instantly a fan, looking forward to the gameplay breakdown on the 14th.

• 1 month later...

Oh wow! 

So they’re bringing VF to e-sports, could this mean they do it with a brand new VF? Would seem a bit crazy to do it with the last VF as it’s pretty old now.

That being said it says ‘Virtua Fighter e-sports project’ so maybe they plan to bring multiple versions!

It also says it’s Japan only (for the beginning)

• Upvote 1

@Goemon I posted this in the TGS thread :

"Virtua Fighter, which was created as the world’s first 3D fighting game in 1993, will restart as an eSports title in celebration of Sega’s 60th anniversary, starting in Japan,” Sega said. “Details on the project will be announced in a future update.”

I wonder if by 'restart' they mean 'reboot'?

Also : https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/yu-suzuki-says-he-could-return-to-virtua-fighter-and-out-run/

• Upvote 1

My joke prediction for that roundtable was going to be 'Virtua Fighter 6 announced for mobiles only'. As much as today's news brought a tear to my eye I'm not getting my hopes up that Sega won't fuck it with something along those lines.

Getting a great-looking new VF out with rollback as the first next-gen fighting game while there's only really Strive on the horizon makes too much sense for Sega to have actually considered it.

• Upvote 1

It really needs to be a new game. 

Trying to start an e-sports scene with a game that’s nearly 2 generations old wouldn’t work IMO. It needs to be something that everyone can start fresh. Although the fact that it’s starting in Japan only indicates that they haven’t pushed the boat out too far, so who knows.

If they released VF4 Evo now with its tutorial system in line with an esports tour I think the game would have flown! Fighting games are at a level now that would allow VF to shine as opposed to being ‘too hard’ too learn.

TBH whatever they release I’ll be in as I love VF. I’ve recently been playing both VF2 and VF5 FS on PlayStation now.

• Upvote 1