IGNORED

Stath Lets Flats

LeighCb

Hadn’t heard of this until I saw it featured at the top of the Channel4 App on the telly a couple of days ago. We decided to give Series 1 a go and we absolutely love it. Funniest thing since catching up similarly late to People Just Do Nothing earlier in the year. 

I started watching this a couple of days ago, and whilst it has charm and funny moments - especially the physical comedy - it rankles like the worst Sacha Baron Cohen for 'accent = idiot'.

Only one non-accented character, Al, is a comedy simpleton - I can count five with accents that are. All of them, in fact. I've no doubt that it's based heavily on Demetriou's own experience, but it's making me bounce off the show completely. It feels 25 years out of time in that regard.

Catching up on this myself. 

God it's agony. Hilarious turn you inside out with cringe agony. 

I love it.  Happy birthday everyday.

Anyway only just noticed in the credits in S1, he even opens the door of Michael & Eagle  the wrong way. Genius. 

For some reason, our All4 app fails to show any ads about half the time so it's quite a bit more bearable, enough so that we've managed to watch a lot of this and TaskMaster on it without resorting to other sources. It also consistently cuts off the last second or two of any ad it does manage to show, which never stops being funny because usually it completely undermines the closing slogan or mention of the brand name, etc. Plus, who doesn't have something urgent to do on the internet every 15 minutes anyway?

• 2 weeks later...

Been spacing out S3 to really savour it and just finished it tonight. Absolutely brilliant.

Spoiler

The Al and Sophie scene in ep 5 genuinely brought a tear to my eye. 

Hope this comes back for S4 where they've all for some arbitrary reason decided to bin off Cyprus. Or spawns some sort of spin off at least. Fantastic stuff.

On 24/11/2021 at 22:23, Papaya Dance said:

Been spacing out S3 to really savour it and just finished it tonight. Absolutely brilliant.

Reveal hidden contents

The Al and Sophie scene in ep 5 genuinely brought a tear to my eye. 

Hope this comes back for S4 where they've all for some arbitrary reason decided to bin off Cyprus. Or spawns some sort of spin off at least. Fantastic stuff.

Just regarding your ep 5 comment, yep, thank god I live alone so no one could see my ugly crying! I blame the wine.