Dead Cells - multiplatform "rogueVania" - come for the wall chicken, stay for the baguettes

Cyhwuhx

47 minutes ago, scottcr said:

I really fancy this - but was put off by Hollow Knight being just too infuriatingly hard and switch snappingly frustrating for me... how does this compare?

Just replay Zelda. :P

2 hours ago, Hitcher said:

Turn off overscan on the TV.

Apologies if this seems naive, but where would that be within the settings?

I've looked through all the onscreen options on my TV and can't find that option, or anything like it, plus tried all the buttons on my remote to try and adjust the screen details with no luck.

Even tried looking it up for a guide, but can't see anything to help.

Here are my options

https://imgur.com/a/7y4Q8KY

Any help would be most grateful

7 hours ago, BadgerFarmer said:

Just had a run where I got through 2 bosses. The crossbomatic combined with the reduced cooldown mutation and lots of purple power ups is great for a slow but relatively safe build.

Yes! I struggled to get to the first boss a few times and could never beat him. I then found a good combination of items, went full purple and just utterly destroyed everything. I made it to the second boss and on my first ever attempt killed him in <10 seconds. It's ridiculous how OP you can become (which feels like the point when everything you have has perfect syngery). I had a yellow whip which set enemies on fire and both Crossb-o-matic skills did 100% extra damage to enemies on fire (and had a 2.9 sec cd!)

Still doesn't feel anything like Bloodborne though :D

op.thumb.jpg.b999102f85c9f5b802fdd4d181df145d.jpg

I bought this a while ago but decided to wait for 1.0 before playing it. I'm about five hours in, I feel like I'm not doing super well but really I have no idea what sort of progress to expect. It's really fucking good though. I did have to put dodge on RB before I started feeling somewhat fluent since early on it can feel like you've got one or two buttons too many to think about.. Making sure to always put grenades on RT for example does help a bit with the old reflexes.

I'd got to the first boss a couple of times but ended up dying with him on about 30% health.  Finally managed it just now and weirdly comfortably too, my setup wasn't even much different (abusing freezing items then hacking away with the twin daggers that do critical) so presumably I've levelled up a bit myself. Managed to get to the clock tower after that but a combination of somehow forgetting to refill the flask (unless the refill just isn't there between some stages?) and messing about with new weapons meant I didn't last long.

Two more upgrades then my flask is on three, which will be a massive help!

I played a fair amount of Rogue Legacy but so far this feels much, much better.

I'm very tempted by this. 

On the other hand, I was very tempted by Salt and Sanctuary, which I didn't get on with at all.

I did however love Metroid Fusion.

Not having a demo sucks. 

Given the load of info I've given, anyone have any idea if I'd like this?

3 hours ago, danbot said:

I'm very tempted by this. 

On the other hand, I was very tempted by Salt and Sanctuary, which I didn't get on with at all.

I did however love Metroid Fusion.

Not having a demo sucks. 

Given the load of info I've given, anyone have any idea if I'd like this?

I thought I'd love S&S, Hollow Knight and this. I like this, find the other two boring. 

16 hours ago, grounded_dreams said:

Apologies if this seems naive, but where would that be within the settings?

I've looked through all the onscreen options on my TV and can't find that option, or anything like it, plus tried all the buttons on my remote to try and adjust the screen details with no luck.

Even tried looking it up for a guide, but can't see anything to help.

Here are my options

https://imgur.com/a/7y4Q8KY

Any help would be most grateful

Your TV is quite old and doesn't seem to support overscan. 

18 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Reached the first boss before work. Got obliterated. Probably through silly mistakes, but God, there's going to have to be a lot of chipping away at that energy bar!

Get that Sinew Slicer, go fully purple and dance around.

Cor, had a cracker of a run this morning. Forgot to take a screenshot but was geared up with Twin Blades that leave a patch of fire when an enemy dies, burning surrounding monsters, an ice blast with 100% damage to enemies on fire, a fire grenade that basically set fire to the entire screen and a double crossbow. Mutated with the 3x Attack I was pushing nigh on 2000 damage per combo and tore through the second boss. Man new areas just keep on kicking my arse first time around though.

2 hours ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Get that Sinew Slicer, go fully purple and dance around.

I started playing this yesterday and have yet to die because of this. When it came to the first boss, all I had to do was make sure he didn't hit me. The rest was flinging out razor blades.

Really impressed with what I have played so far. Everything about the way this game controls just feels right.

From feeling like the first boss would be a massive stuggle and somewhat dependent on your luck with drops on the first couple of attempts, I've progressed to doing him using dual swords and barely any sub-weapon/item usage at all just to see if I could. It was actually weirdly comfortable as well, even though it took ages. I think there might be something to be said for simplifying things rather than juggling buttons and cooldowns, especially early on when you're trying to get used to everything. I don't know if different approaches to bosses will be viable later on but I'm impressed at how well balanced it is up to that point.

Got to the clock tower again, got ruined again. Really need to stop changing weapons out of curiosity when I'm on a good run and learn to slow down in new areas.

I feel like it'd be good to get used to shields for bosses but I didn't get on with them during stages at all.

Hyabusa boots are my favourite weapon.

1st boss is the daily challenge that day too and can be gotten to quickly. Good to get the measure of him if needs be.

Also, I’ve sprinted a few times but don’t know how to do it. Anyone figured it out?

Just spent a good few hours on this. It's absolutely brilliant. 

Question, I wanted to switch off or pause for the night, half way through a run. Is it possible to save or pause and switch off? Or does it want me to start the run from the beginning each time..

5 minutes ago, Hellcock said:

Just spent a good few hours on this. It's absolutely brilliant. 

Question, I wanted to switch off or pause for the night, half way through a run. Is it possible to save or pause and switch off? Or does it want me to start the run from the beginning each time..

Just switch off and resume.