IGNORED

Batwoman - joining CW's Arrowverse

JohnC

WOW! im so glad i hadnt been in here since the show ended, or looked up anything online!

as it was a compete surprise to me they recast batwoman while watching the ep!  maybe it can be a decent show now...

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Hexx said:

https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-adds-krypton-alum-as-the-new-kate-kane/

Recast Kate Kane

Sounds like badly (permanently?) injured due to events. Going to be a presence going forward but not suiting up again.

Certain irony there, considering why they needed a new lead in the first place.. :(

They've not handled switching over to a new lead too badly all things considered..

7 minutes ago, MDY said:

Certain irony there, considering why they needed a new lead in the first place.. :(

They've not handled switching over to a new lead too badly all things considered..

No, in fact I was surprised when I saw recasting news as Ruby Rose has said she’d come back if asked for guest star bits - as long as it didn’t overshadow new person. 

There didn’t seem to be any bad blood between parties just recognition of parting ways.

This seems longer and more involved than guest star etc.

I just found it funny because they seem to be taking the same route with the elastic guy in The Flash. After the other guy was fired, the character made an appearance with his face covered after injury and presumably will continue with a new actor with a different face due to injury, just like this.

8 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I just found it funny because they seem to be taking the same route with the elastic guy in The Flash. After the other guy was fired, the character made an appearance with his face covered after injury and presumably will continue with a new actor with a different face due to injury, just like this.

Oh I thought that was Ralph ‘done’. Hasn’t considered they’d recast 

• 1 month later...

Thought this has picked up quite dramatically in the last few episodes..

Getting rid of Ryan's ex..

Sophie finding out..

The 'new' Kate (and how they intend to play that going forward..)

A new 'bat family' member..

Spoiler

Stephanie Brown, who went by the hero alt of Spoiler for a bit before a very short stint as Robin, (comic) dying and eventually taking up the vacant Batgirl mantle..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They're bringing in Renee Montoya, played by Victoria Cartagena, who played her in Gotham. But not actual Gotham Montoya as they're different worlds in the multiverse. But I suppose it does leave the door open for a story at some point...

• 2 months later...

Oof.. looks like none of it was amicable.. and it sounds like working conditions got really bad.

Ruby Rose has come out swinging at the CW for their treatment of her, the stuntpeople and many other members of the crew, several of whom sustained serious injuries..

https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-ruby-rose-horrifying-set-conditions-slams-wbtv-berlanti/?utm_content=buffera4ceb&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_campaign=CBR-TW

"Enough is enough," Rose wrote on Instagram, calling out showrunner Caroline Dries and Bertalnti Proudctions' Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter.

"I'm going to tell the whole world what really happened on that set. [Warner Bros. Television Studios Chief Executive Officer] Peter Roth, you are first up. You are chapter one. not sure if you left after getting promoted to the highest position because you couldn't stop making young women steam your pants, around your crotch while you were still wearing said pants or if you left after putting a private investigator on me who you fired as soon as the report didn't fit your narrative. either way, when it comes to you, there's already an army waiting for u."

Rose went on to share videos from a doctor's office pertaining to the neck injury she suffered while filming Batwoman, which was previously documented to some degree. She also pointed out a major rib injury and a tumor, and shared a video from her neck surgery, writing,

"To everyone who said I was too stiff on bawoman, imagine going back to work 10 days after this ... 10 DAYS!!!!!! (or the whole crew and cast would be fired and I'd let everyone down because Peter Roth said he wouldn't recast and i just lost the studio millions (by getting injured on his set) that is be the one who cost so many people their jobs."

"So in closing, please to my dear, dear fans stop asking if I will return to that awful show, I wouldn't return for any amount of money nor if a gun were to my head.. NOR DID I QUIT," Rose continued. "I DO NOT QUIT, They ruined Kate Kane and they destroyed batwoman, not me. I followed orders, and if I wanted to stay i was going to have to sign my rights away[...] A crew member got 3rd degree burns over his whole body, and we were given no therapy after witnessing his skin fall off his face but I was the only one who sent him flowers and cards and then were told we had to do a sex scene without a minute to process, we lost 2 stunt doubles, i got cut in the face so close to my eye in a stunt I could have been blind. a woman was left quadriplegic and they tried to blame it on her being on her phone, so much so CW didn't even help her to start with because they needed to 'investigate' so she had to do a go fund me... she's a PA, they work via phones. Her accident occurred because our show refused to shut down when everyone else did because of Covid.

21 minutes ago, Girth Certificate said:

the fuck?

That whole production sounds like a fucking deathtrap. 

The steamed pants thing is weird, it sounds more painful than anything but I can also understand that as being humiliating too for the female. 

This isn't the first time shit has come out about Berlanti is it?

Also, in hardly surprising news, she talked about Dougray Scott being an abusive prick who would shout at women. And the guy who plays Luke Fox is apparently a cunt too.

• 6 months later...