IGNORED

James Gunn re-hired for Guardians of the Galaxy 3!

SMD

23 hours ago, mushashi said:

I might actually watch one of these DC comic book films now, the last time I saw one was either Green Lantern (ok in that sort of semi-mediocre way, wouldn't have minded a sequel actually) or The Dark Knight, probably the last time DC/WB managed to get somebody with true talent involved.

I haven't seen Suicide Squad. But I watched Green Lantern earlier this year and can confirm that Man of Steel, BvS, Wonder Woman and Justice League are all better than it.

Where the more recent DC films have  failed, they've at least failed in interesting ways. Green Lantern is just nothing. Nothing to like about it, nothing to hate. Nothing remarkable about it at all. It's just there. Existing.

Wonder Woman was good in the first act , ok in the second and generic shite in the third 

suicide squad was silimar in that it got progressively worse , except it started out shite and made its way through appalling and dreadful.

Wasn't just me that thought WW was a touch overrated, then? Makes me a big ol' sexist, though. In a spectacular double whammy, I also thought Black Panther was way overhyped as well, making me a bit racist, too.

Are there any really old superheroes in mediocre films so I can add ageist to my List of Superhero Bigotry?

2 hours ago, Nick R said:

I haven't seen Suicide Squad. But I watched Green Lantern earlier this year and can confirm that Man of Steel, BvS, Wonder Woman and Justice League are all better than it.

Where the more recent DC films have  failed, they've at least failed in interesting ways. Green Lantern is just nothing. Nothing to like about it, nothing to hate. Nothing remarkable about it at all. It's just there. Existing.

Yeah, as I said it was watchably mediocre but the character and powers they had were fairly interesting so that is why I wouldn't have minded watching a sequel. I've avoided most of the recent Marvel comic book films so the assumption that the DC stuff was even worse has made it quite easy to not bother watching any of them either.

Guardians of the Galaxy was surprisingly good, while the sequel wasn't quite as good, but James Gunn makes interesting films generally so I'm more interested in seeing a DC film if they are letting him have full creative control on this one now.

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Glasgowchivas said:

Mike Cernozich or something like that. Absolute scumbag who, like most MAGA types, is a out and out grifter making $$$ out of being a right-wing cunt.

googled him. makes me feel sad that I have to actually work whilst this guy gets paid for spouting what he spouts.

On 08/01/2019 at 06:05, Festoon said:

Just hit me today - how the fuck did Disney let an idiotic internet Nazi and rape-apologist hound Gunn out of developing this property?

Absolute madness.

Because the extreme left have gotten so used to hounding people out that they don't know where the line is these days and the extreme right are using that as a weapon.

1 hour ago, Phelan said:

Because the extreme left have gotten so used to hounding people out that they don't know where the line is these days and the extreme right are using that as a weapon.

I think Disney would have done a little more research than a knee-jerk reaction. Perhaps Gunn was bugging them already.

• 2 months later...
Just now, Goose said:

Excellent news! I wonder how this affects Suicide Squad 2?

It doesn’t.  Disney agreed to have him start on GotG3 after he’s finished with SS2.  Worked out well for him.   I wonder this changes where this film is placed in MCU since I guess it’ll be much later in their schedule now.