IGNORED

Monthly Release Dates - August 2018

Nespresso

I'm quite tempted by We Happy Few as it's always appealed for some reason. I'm hoping for for some Milkman Conspiracy Pyschonauts style craziness (if only!). And I really want Last Brigade to be good co-op fun and not horribly stereotypical. Apart from that I'd love to try a Yakuza but so much other stuff to play so who knows when.

I've just been reminded that there's another exciting game coming out this month, very soon in fact: PC point and click adventure Unavowed launches on the 8th. It's an interesting variation on the typical formula - alongside the puzzles there's a branching narrative and an almost RPG-like party system at play - and it has great pedigree, being as it is the latest game developed by Wadjet Eye Games, of the excellent Blackwell series.

It's not a retail release or a console game, but I thought it worth flagging up nonetheless.

Despite some mixed reviews (mostly concerning performance and QoL stuff) I kept my preorder for Post Scriptum and I'm very glad that I did! Its audio design had my jaw on the floor. The first time I heard explosions rumbling in the distance I just stopped dead in my tracks, immediately handing over my headphones to the missus so she could bask in the auditoric glory of the digital war as well. It's completely absorbing and honestly makes you feel as if you're in a WWII documentary. 

I've said this before but it just makes me wonder what AAA studios have been up to all these years. PS just set a new bar for realistic and visceral audio design as far as I'm concerned. Nothing else even comes close. 

On 14/08/2018 at 15:26, shirubagan said:

Has anyone bought Flipping Death? I really enjoyed Stick it to the Man and this looks just as great/silly.

I have, if you likes Stick it to the man then just buy it, it's really good. I absolutely love ZOINK! games. I'm surprised not more people played Zombie Vikings as Castle Crashers etc seem to get a lot of love.

I don’t see Night Trap for the Switch in the list. It’s out on Friday, is a 6.6gb download (so make sure you have plenty of space to download) and is priced at just £10.99! Yup, that’s right. Just £10.99! Just make sure you’re over 18, or have your parents permission to play it. 

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 22:07, VN1X said:

Despite some mixed reviews (mostly concerning performance and QoL stuff) I kept my preorder for Post Scriptum and I'm very glad that I did! Its audio design had my jaw on the floor. The first time I heard explosions rumbling in the distance I just stopped dead in my tracks, immediately handing over my headphones to the missus so she could bask in the auditoric glory of the digital war as well. It's completely absorbing and honestly makes you feel as if you're in a WWII documentary. 

I've said this before but it just makes me wonder what AAA studios have been up to all these years. PS just set a new bar for realistic and visceral audio design as far as I'm concerned. Nothing else even comes close. 

been following this keenly and was all set for a purchase, then I read the reviews and it put me off. So is it as unfinished as the haters say?

7 hours ago, Dave White said:

been following this keenly and was all set for a purchase, then I read the reviews and it put me off. So is it as unfinished as the haters say?

Played it for about 7 hours now and have been enjoying most of it. They definitely botched the release though and should've, at the very least, labelled it an Early Access release. It's functional, atmospheric and really engrossing but otherwise there's a lot of QoL and optimisation work left to be done and some areas of the map require more polish as well. 

I love how roleplayey it is though with everyone trying their hardest to stay true to military jargon lol. Not only that but because everyone (in my experience) seems to communicate so well it's even better when everything comes together into a well coordinated attack on an objective that results in a win for your team. Good stuff. :)

19 hours ago, VN1X said:

Played it for about 7 hours now and have been enjoying most of it. They definitely botched the release though and should've, at the very least, labelled it an Early Access release. It's functional, atmospheric and really engrossing but otherwise there's a lot of QoL and optimisation work left to be done and some areas of the map require more polish as well. 

I love how roleplayey it is though with everyone trying their hardest to stay true to military jargon lol. Not only that but because everyone (in my experience) seems to communicate so well it's even better when everything comes together into a well coordinated attack on an objective that results in a win for your team. Good stuff. :)

Jolly good show

2 hours ago, DarkCrisis said:

Why do we show US release dates and not UK ones, it's pretty annoying thinking something is coming out because it's on the list then to find it's not out for another month.

On 30/07/2018 at 12:43, VN1X said:

As always let me know if any titles are missing or if dates are incorrect. 

In other news; Shadows Awakening looks right up my alley. An ARPG with a beginning, middle and end! Complete with environmental puzzles, optional quests/content, a party system, light-and-dark world mechanics and fully voiced to boot. Me likey. :)

1 hour ago, DarkCrisis said:

Sorry I thought using US dates was done on purpose, Little Dragon Cafe not out until 21st September.

My bad. Might've been pushed though? I make sure to always check the EU dates if I get them from global release lists. 

On 25/08/2018 at 12:22, VN1X said:

In other news; Shadows Awakening looks right up my alley. An ARPG with a beginning, middle and end! Complete with environmental puzzles, optional quests/content, a party system, light-and-dark world mechanics and fully voiced to boot. Me likey. :)

Only £17.49 on cdkeys at the moment...

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/shadows-awakening-pc-steam-cd-key