rllmuk
layten

Star Trek: Picard - 'Best Trek Ever' says everyone

8 minutes ago, Waggo said:

How many episodes in the season?

Ten in the first season, it has also already been renewed by CBS for a second season which will have the same amount of episodes.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know if it's a midnight release on Amazon? Will watch tonight if so. Don't want to delve too far in to Google to find out in case of unearthing spoilers.

3 hours ago, PC Master Race said:

After Effects the movie. A little dull fron a motion design viewpoint. Beautifully dull.

Well I enjoyed it. Good reintroduction with some nice nods to the TNG era, very intriguing and can't wait for the next episode.

1 hour ago, Papaya Dance said:

Does anyone know if it's a midnight release on Amazon? Will watch tonight if so. Don't want to delve too far in to Google to find out in case of unearthing spoilers.

It's out now.

That was actually pretty good. Expectations were as low as they could possibly be considering who is making it, but as predictable as it seems it’s fun to see Picard again & the most important thing is that it’s not Discovery. 

• Upvote 2

My wife enjoyed it, and she doesn’t like Star Trek. 

Dunno what that indicates though...

57 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

It's out now.

Legitimately?
I can only see the trailer on Prime. Any idea if it will be in 4k?

That was really good and also terrible at the same time.

Spoiler

The fight on the top of the star fleet building was particularly bad. But I'll keep watching. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Popo said:

For me, if Patrick Stewart deems it worthy, I’m in on trust. 

Emoji movie?

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

11 hours ago, b00dles said:

Lacking urgency sounds like a positive when it comes to star trek. 

Quite. If Star Trek needed a sense of urgency then we would not have episodes like Measure of A Man, The Inner Light, Darmok, and The Lower Decks. And DS9 would not have spent an episode exploring Nog's PTSD in the middle of the Dominion War.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

It's out now.

No it ain’t. 

1 hour ago, Darwock said:

Emoji movie?

Touché. Last chance for redemption, in that case?

Had a look on my Prime account and it said Watch Now with first episode. I just yarred it anyway.

I just set my TV to tomorrow's date and am now able to watch it. :lol:

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Thor said:

I just set my TV to tomorrow's date and am now able to watch it. :lol:

Think that was just coincidence. I checked about 11.30 and it was on there available to watch!

I did wonder if it was coincidence. 20 mins prior I only got the option for Episode 0.

Enjoyed that. 

Seemed like it skipped through a couple of bits a bit quickly where you might have expected longer introspection, but episode 1's are always tricky for that. Dunno how well it might have held up without Picards screen presence, but that's as good as ever. Great work.

Although given the ending I do wonder what will have happened to you know who. Bit of a rough break if she's just been subbed out for someone else.   

Really liked that. Certainly wasn't expecting

Spoiler

nice Irish Romulans, or Maddox to have made Lol 2.0. And Starfleet going all Mass Effect with regards to synthetic research is an interesting state of affairs also, and I'm glad that they nixed the (awful) idea of B4 as a means for Data to be revived.

Was kind of hoping this series would be free of anything and everything S31 but the most logical conclusion at this stage is that they programmed the synths to sabtotage the shipyards to wipe out Romulans as a threat/power once and for all. It's the kind of shitty play they'd come up with.

Edit: Oh fuck - alternatively, maybe the murder synths were all reverse engineered from Lore's code/neurons?!?!

While it's obviously a given, it's still upsetting at seeing Jean-Luc look and sound so old and frail though.

:(

• Upvote 2

That was great.  

Stewart can convey such warmth and kindness so readily.  There was a bit of that Borg speech steel in him from First Contact as well.  Isa Briones was great as well.

During the bit where

Spoiler

he was hiding behind a bench with all the acrobatics and gunfire going on around his head - I know they want to appeal to a younger audience but eesh I hope that doesn't happen too often, with him hiding away. Data wouldn't have been walking around murdering people, yes there's cause but I'd have preferred some agonising over that instead of brushing it off.

Yeah, that was the only duff thing in it.

Spoiler

Full of MMA moves to please the young'uns with "akshun". 

The interview was the highlight for me. Now that's the Picard I know and love so dearly. 

• Upvote 3