IGNORED

Star Trek: Picard - Don't bother, go watch Strange New Worlds instead

layten

1 hour ago, Bucky said:

Fuck. Ing. Hell.  That was shite.

My more extensive review would be:

"We are Picard Season 2 and we're here to make you wish for death and get sad and stuff"

Hide contents

The whole show is spoiling Star Trek TNG.

Borg-Queen-and-Alison-Pill-as-Agnes-Jurati-in-Star-Trek-Picard.jpg

Spoiler

Imagine if she'd just reveled herself straight away, she'd have saved us all the trauma.

Jurati is the real bad guy in all this.

19 minutes ago, Stigweard said:
  Hide contents

Imagine if she'd just reveled herself straight away, she'd have saved us all the trauma.

This is exactly right, isn't it? The whole season is based on this single massive plot hole.

Spoiler

Picard and the crew already knew and trusted Jurati at the start of the season. If she'd revealed herself as Moonface Borg in episode 1 they would certainly have heard her out, and it's not as if her suggestion isn't completely sensible anyway.

I guess that's why they kept going on about her being a friendless cat lady at the start of the season, to make her seem less reliable, but Picard would have trusted her based on the events of season 1 alone.

Anyway, terrible last episode:

Spoiler

They killed off Rios, the only good character in the whole thing; presumably the actor decided he no longer wanted to hitch himself to this rubbish any longer.

And they brought back Wesley Fucking Crusher, of all people, who still looks like a bad CGI impersonation of a human. There is something really unsettling about Wil Wheaton that I can't quite put my finger on.

Most unforgiveable of all - Space Legolas is back. For fuck's sake.

1 hour ago, Garwoofoo said:

lThere is something really unsettling about Wil Wheaton that I can't quite put my finger on.

Is it that he moves like he’s a badly controlled marionette ?

I can't believe they

Spoiler

got rid of Rios and brought Elnor back.

Also, what an utter shit ending for Q. A character spanning multiple series and Star Treks, and his swansong is a hug from Picard. GTFO

It’s really quite impressive how at any and every opportunity, the writers have managed to make exactly the worst choice. I truly don’t know how it could be worse. 

Also how are 

Spoiler

Seven and Raffi a thing? They were separated doing different things at the start, and during the next 8 episodes there was no indication that they were a couple, bar when they were pinned by "Borg" in Chateau Picard

Oh another thing, when the Bajoran bridge girl asks

Spoiler

where Rios is, surely she wouldn't have any knowledge of him?

Someone odd isn't returning next season

Spoiler

Jurati/Queen 2?Alison Pill isn't in Season 3.

Which seems odd given the portal she's now guarding seemed to be set up as important...

2 hours ago, Jammy said:

Is it that he moves like he’s a badly controlled marionette ?

Yes. He's a really bad actor.

He's also bad at playing Wil Wheaton as a human too.

Holy shit that last episode was so bad.

I think the writers have never watched any TNG as it's lame nerd shit.

Even the title sequence and music are just supremely awful.

6 minutes ago, Festoon said:

Yes. He's a really bad actor.

He's also bad at playing Wil Wheaton as a human too.

On his FB page he posted about his appearance not too long after it aired, which is fair enough, but it was before it was shown in other countries. 
Someone replied along the lines of “whoa, spoilers” and got a really snarky reply from Wil and his cult. 

For someone who makes a big deal of supporting minority groups and tolerance, he can be a complete arse and thinks it’s just fine. 

2 hours ago, Bacon Horsemeat said:

Also how are 

Hide contents

Seven and Raffi a thing? They were separated doing different things at the start, and during the next 8 episodes there was no indication that they were a couple, bar when they were pinned by "Borg" in Chateau Picard

Oh another thing, when the Bajoran bridge girl asks

Hide contents

where Rios is, surely she wouldn't have any knowledge of him?

Thought the same thing about Rios!

Also, funny how Seven and Raffi

Spoiler

kiss in this episode but when they were facing death together against Jurati's Borg in the vineyard, all they managed was a stoic nod.

4 hours ago, Stigweard said:
  Hide contents

Uh, basic time travel alert...

Spoiler

Jurati-Borg needs the Stargazer crew, including original Jurati and borg queen, to be snapped back in time by Q before she reveals herself, else Jurati-Borg would never exist. 

There's a lot of things wrong with the episode, and the season as a whole, but that particular element isn't one of them.

4 minutes ago, Thor said:

Reveal hidden contents

Jurati-Borg needs the Stargazer crew, including original Jurati and borg queen, to be snapped back in time by Q before she reveals herself, else Jurati-Borg would never exist. 

There's a lot of things wrong with the episode, and the season as a whole, but that particular element isn't one of them.

I'm not sure that holds up though.

Spoiler

If Jurati-Borg wasn't Jurati-Borg until the characters had snapped back in time, then who was the original Borg Queen in episode 1? Some other random Borg Queen that was then replaced by Jurati-Borg following the events of the rest of the season?

If Jurati-Borg was already Jurati-Borg at this point then we didn't need anybody to go back in time at all, she could have just revealed herself.

In any event, Jurati-Borg wasn't responsible for them going back in time anyway, it was an entirely coincidental intervention from Q - wasn't it?

And in all of these scenarios, Picard does fuck all anyway. Might as well just have called the series JURATI and had done with it.

I'm confused. Luckily, so were the writers.

20 minutes ago, Thor said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

So who the fuck is that at the start of the season then cause original Borg Queen died ages ago.

Time travel never works

On 07/04/2021 at 19:19, deKay said:

I realise I’m probably alone in this, but I thought Q was the worst thing about TNG.

*taps the sign*

I’m not even going to spoiler this, but…

If in the bad timeline Rene had died, how did Picard exist at all?

2 minutes ago, deKay said:

I’m not even going to spoiler this, but…

If in the bad timeline Rene had died, how did Picard exist at all?

What bad timeline? This made no sense at all.

Just now, Festoon said:

What bad timeline? This made no sense at all.

The timeline where humans were all Nazis and Picard and Seven were Chief Nazis.

You know, in the show.

9 minutes ago, Thor said:

@Garwoofoo @Stigweard Did neither of you watch:

1. 2009 Star Trek, and
  2. Avengers: Endgame

Hmm? Alternate realities, differing timelines, and they can converge. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah but those went out of their way to explain them, this doesn't. It plants them right back at where they started.

1 hour ago, Garwoofoo said:

I'm not sure that holds up though.

Hide contents

If Jurati-Borg wasn't Jurati-Borg until the characters had snapped back in time, then who was the original Borg Queen in episode 1? Some other random Borg Queen that was then replaced by Jurati-Borg following the events of the rest of the season?

If Jurati-Borg was already Jurati-Borg at this point then we didn't need anybody to go back in time at all, she could have just revealed herself.

In any event, Jurati-Borg wasn't responsible for them going back in time anyway, it was an entirely coincidental intervention from Q - wasn't it?

Oh yeah! It makes sense as a self fufilling time loop, but as it was Q who started it,

Spoiler

there's no way that was Jurati in the first episode, in which case there would be no PeaceBorgs and thus no calling for Picard.

The whole season isn't possible! 😂

Lol, it's no wonder Snyder's movies, which are all "tell instead of show" are so successful these days - everyone clearly needs everything spelled out of them. :P

9 minutes ago, Bacon Horsemeat said:

Renee is Jean Luc's great great cousin

Is she? She was referred to as ancestor many, many times. Which means he's descended from her. Only can't be if she's dead.

4 minutes ago, deKay said:

The timeline where humans were all Nazis and Picard and Seven were Chief Nazis.

You know, in the show.

Ah yeah, forgot it already. 

As did the writers.

One thing about Q

Spoiler

realising that he's dying. Didn't Quinn from Voyager fight to become mortal and commit suicide because he found immortality boring and depressing? So isn't it already established fact that the Q are immortal and had to be banished from the Continuum before they could die?

39 minutes ago, Thor said:

Lol, it's no wonder Snyder's movies, which are all "tell instead of show" are so successful these days - everyone clearly needs everything spelled out of them. :P

It's not that at all, it's just the logic doesn't work at all. You still need to set your own rules and not just handwave stuff away, which this certainly does.

• layten changed the title to Star Trek: Picard - Don't bother, go watch Strange New Worlds instead