IGNORED

Star Trek: Picard - Just one more season to go, and then we can forget this all happened and watch TNG instead

layten

16 hours ago, DeciderVT said:

Odds on Q

Hide contents

retconning Picard's stupid android body?

Also, Guinan didn't seem like herself in that trailer. She always projected a calm patience on the Enterprise and here it looks like she's getting the shots in.

She does have that big gun behind the bar which she shot into the ceiling when there was an outbreak of an "Everyone gets eggy" virus/ space anomaly. 

22 hours ago, DeciderVT said:

Odds on Q

Hide contents

retconning Picard's stupid android body?

Also, Guinan didn't seem like herself in that trailer. She always projected a calm patience on the Enterprise and here it looks like she's getting the shots in.

Everyone is old, angry and alcoholic in the Picard series.

I’m actually a bit upset after watching the latest trailer. Thinking that this deeply mediocre series will be Stewart’s last outing as a character that made his career, and is so beloved by Star Trek fans. It feels like witnessing the horror that was the recent GTA remasters - a cynical, charmless mess that leaves boot-treads in your fond memories as it’s dumped into your lap as though you should be happy about it. 

Going back to present day ala The Voyage Home just proves to me, if it were ever in doubt, how devoid of ideas and ambition the show runners are.  

‘Time is broken?’ Nah, Star Trek is broken, and it’s because of pricks like Kurtzman, Chabon, and Goldsman. 

As they're gearing up to launch this with Guinan prominently featured in marketing, Whoopi Goldberg has decided to publically come out with a take as hot as the surface of the sun that the holocaust had nothing to with race.

6 minutes ago, Matt Defis said:

I can see where she's trying to come from though, the whole there's only one race, the human race.

The sooner aliens turn up and we realise we're all one people the better really. 

I like Whoopi (well, younger Whoopi), but she’s made a serious error of judgement here. The Holocaust was absolutely about race - Hitler and the Nazis branding the Jews as inferior so seeking to exterminate them. Whoopi was offensive and wrong, and actually doubled down when making her initial comments. For example, she said it involved ‘two white groups of people’. Eeeeeeesh.

I should probably shut the fuck up when it comes to Jews,I don't know any and as far as I know I've never met any, I'm not sure they exist in the valleys. My other half grew up in Hertfordshire and has Jewish friends she grew up with but I've yet to meet any. 

35 minutes ago, Matt Defis said:

The sooner aliens turn up and we realise we're all one people the better really. 

You just know countries would be making deals with the aliens in order to survive. It’d be nice if an alien invasion did unite us, but if the aliens made Trump king of America and gave him a little hover seat with lasers on it, he’d side with the aliens.

2 hours ago, Eighthours said:

I like Whoopi (well, younger Whoopi), but she’s made a serious error of judgement here. The Holocaust was absolutely about race - Hitler and the Nazis branding the Jews as inferior so seeking to exterminate them. Whoopi was offensive and wrong, and actually doubled down when making her initial comments. For example, she said it involved ‘two white groups of people’. Eeeeeeesh.

I'm genuinely curious about this actually, I understand you have Arabic Jewish communities but why are European Jews not considered white, Is it down to DNA markers making them distinctly different? I'm half Irish and have always found it odd that Irish is considered something other than white on forms, it's something I've always wondered.

I'm an ignorant idiot when it comes to this subject and would like a little enlightenment. 

2 hours ago, Matt Defis said:

I should probably shut the fuck up when it comes to Jews,I don't know any and as far as I know I've never met any, I'm not sure they exist in the valleys. My other half grew up in Hertfordshire and has Jewish friends she grew up with but I've yet to meet any. 

“Some of my best friends are Jewish.”

5 minutes ago, Matt Defis said:

I'm genuinely curious about this actually, I understand you have Arabic Jewish communities but why are European Jews not considered white, Is it down to DNA markers making them distinctly different? I'm half Irish and have always found it odd that Irish is considered something other than white on forms, it's something I've always wondered.

I'm an ignorant idiot when it comes to this subject and would like a little enlightenment. 

“Just asking questions ;)

13 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

That’s the shittiest take on the subject, basically borderline if not actual Holocaust 

Seriously dude what is your problem? Multiple times now you just flat out add your own bullshit onto my posts. I'm starting to worry about you, you genuinely seem to have some weird obsession with twisting any post i make, you look mental. 

I'm an alt right holocaust denier now? Seriously dude, fuck off you're an absolute clown that knows nothing about me. 

Is everyone a Nazi? You were comparing the guy that called Joe Rogan out on his anti vax bullshit to Nazis the other day. 

Unfortunately I'm not really sure that Whoopi's apology was massively genuine. Here's what she said to Stephen Colbert later on:

I feel, being black, when we talk about race it's a very different thing to me. So I said I thought the Holocaust wasn't about race. And it made people very angry. I'm getting a lot of mail from folks and a lot of anger. But I thought it was a salient discussion because as a black person I think of race as being something that I can see...

When you talk about being a racist, you can't call this racism. This was evil. This wasn't based on skin. You couldn't tell who was Jewish. You had to delve deeply and figure it out. My point is: they had to do the work. If the Klan is coming down the street and I'm standing with a Jewish friend: I'm going to run. But if my friend decides not to run, they'll get passed by most times. Because you can't tell who is Jewish. You don't know.

13 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Unfortunately I'm not really sure that Whoopi's apology was massively genuine. Here's what she said to Stephen Colbert later on:

Yup, Nazi's 'having to do the work' is a pretty hot take on the holocaust. 

• layten changed the title to Star Trek: Picard - Just one more season to go, and then we can forget this all happened and watch TNG instead