IGNORED

Star Trek: Picard - Third time's the charm!

layten

Spoiler

Christ, rejected by a 98 year old man. Jesus. Harsh. Didn't realize Picard was a racist.

Wait, isn't he a robot now? Can robots taste grapes?

Spoiler

I can't help but wonder if this backstory of Picard's parents having an abusive relationship is in some way related to the fact Patrick Stewart's own childhood was like that. It's quite odd.

But however: why is little boy Picard dressed like he just popped out of a near WW2 era period drama? Star Trek isn't set in the same time period Patrick Stewart was born in ffs.

Spoiler

I'm sorry I don't buy this little love story. It's weird.

Elrond? What? Is he really the first Romulan in Star Fleet? My nerd sense is tingling. I'll allow it. Did they vet him first though, what with being a vicious killer I mean.

Oh great it's 7 of 9. Time for ASS KICKING ACTION

Hold the fuck up!

Spoiler

Did Alison Pill's character say she murdered someone due to "alien induced temporary insanity"? That is NOT how I remember that going down. It was all premeditated and we were all quite shocked how readily such a cold blooded killer was accepted by the other characters if I remember rightly.

Spoiler

I can't help but feel this series feels like less of a farewell to Picard than a farewell to Patrick Stewart. We have already said farewell to Picard, we have already had that story. This feels more like Patrick Stewart saying farewell to Picard. Not the worst idea for a series.

Spoiler

"Stop firing!" Nah, fuck you, cigar bro :lol:. Seriously, What the fuck is wrong with Starfleet. Maybe they just all hate him and that stupid cigar. Or they just really fancied the idea that after all those ineffective redirected phaser blasts, their phaser would be the one to get through.

Spoiler

Oh no, the Borg is taking over the Borg ship that was made with Borg components? Who could have seen that fucking coming. I laughed out loud :lol:

Spoiler

So 95% assimilation is okay, but at 100% and only 100% that means the computer can't self destruct. At say 98% of the computer taken over that would be fine and that's okay and we can still tell it what to do. Take your time.

This is not how computers work.

Spoiler

That single end scene with Q was the best thing in it. He's slipped right back into that role with gusto. That's Q alright!

If the whole series is one big Q test with John Delancey prancing about I could actually be on board with this. Despite the general averageness.

On 04/03/2022 at 11:40, Lorfarius said:

I thought it was great when

Hide contents

they did it proper TNG style in the middle of a battle with a meeting off in the conference room 🤣

This was hilarious but also actually in keeping with TNG so I have to allow it.

The wine transporter was hilarious. It makes me think that for all of Picard’s pretentiousness, his vineyard makes swill that supplies Bargain Booze, and that the good stuff is still picked by hand. 

49 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

Wasn't there an episode of TNG (with Scotty?) where Data couldn't taste anything, but could tell the exact composition by drinking it?

Relics

image.thumb.jpeg.56e521c571c78953e785a47a5de43f49.jpeg

Edited by SeanR

Begone S1 cut and paste fleet.

Spoiler

FM7hQ2pVEAATKWV.thumb.jpg.c7c29b38c957600f527890a9fe4de879.jpg

I cannot be the only one who paused that scene to try and identify all the different ship classes. 🤓

So have the writers just forgotten that one where Picard settles down and has kids and learns to play the flute with someone else's hands? He seemed fairly chill about relationships and commitment in that.

1 hour ago, Exidor said:

So have the writers just forgotten that one where Picard settles down and has kids and learns to play the flute with someone else's hands? He seemed fairly chill about relationships and commitment in that.

I din't think the modern writers like Star Trek much.

• layten changed the title to Star Trek: Picard - Third time's the charm!