IGNORED

Star Trek: Picard - Third time's the charm!

layten

17 hours ago, squirtle said:

I haven't been following the trailers or anything, but

Hide contents

they said Q did something in 2024 to fuck everything up. Aren't the next elections in 2024? Is it going to be that he makes Trump win or something that leads to humanity being massive space Nazis?

Honest I will take the anti-utopia non-star-trek-ness of this if:

Spoiler

They have the balls to jump back in time to our current timeline and the horrendous events they have to stop is Trump and they do with Star Trek optimism. That would just be the most preposterous and perfect thing.

On 12/03/2022 at 15:19, Garibaldi said:

His input into scripts in the past would appear to back that up. Somehow, he managed to be excellent at playing Picard while simultaneously not understanding the character. 

"Make it shit"

God, can't we just have a S2 of Picard with a new Stargazer just going out there and finding cool shit? With ST being the show of hope for the future instead of an entire series of po-faced BTTF 2?

I did like Spot, though.

57 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Not sure why they needed to have that graphic throat slitting in there. That scene would have been just as fine if he'd just knocked them out.

Totally. He's in Starfleet now. You'd have thought part of his training was "Don't throat slit people"

1 hour ago, Flub said:

Totally. He's in Starfleet now. You'd have thought part of his training was "Don't throat slit people"

It also would have been a good opportunity to demonstrate how Starfleet training had developed the character for example. But no. No thinking. No learning.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Wasn’t he just being enrolled? Not

much time to haze the Romulan out of him. 

He was far enough into his training that he'd been assigned his first tour of duty on a ship

Come on guys this shows real growth for Elnor! The Modern Trek way

He used to behead people, now he just slits the throat and doesn't keep going til the head falls off.

Baby steps!

Finally caught up with ep 2 and it's pretty dismal. Do they actually have writers on this or are they just downloading fanfic off reddit?

Also lol at the "crowd" scenes that were clearly 12 guys on some bleachers going "rarrgh"

1 hour ago, Clipper said:

Come on guys this shows real growth for Elnor! The Modern Trek way

He used to behead people, now he just slits the throat and doesn't keep going til the head falls off.

Baby steps!

I was amazed they didn't get the "Choose to live, friend" line in given how much they seemed so happy with it in season 1

That scene in Star Trek 3 where Sulu judo throws that ashole security guard who calls him tiny whould have been much better if he'd graphically gouged his eyes out with his thumbs like Roy Batty.

On 14/03/2022 at 12:55, Flub said:

Maybe he hadn’t got to the ‘how to knock people out with a double fisted blow to the back’ class yet 

Spoiler

Love the socially distanced spinning opening shot.

Oh no! Elnors not dead.

While we can hear them muffled talking in the background wouldn't they hear Alison Pill's character clanking about?

It's okay to completely vaporise them, these are racists! But only to non humans. I think. I'm not entirely clear on that part. Anyway, yay!

This would be a nice looking space battle if I was invested in any of it.

Borg shouldn't look "smug"

• layten changed the title to Star Trek: Picard - Third time's the charm!