rllmuk
Clipper

Rllmuk Dungeons and Dragons 5e - Tomb of Annihilation - WRITEUPS UPTO DATE 15/12

I did some reading and Tomb of Horrors - the old meat grinder from 1st edition - was in fact rewritten/updated for Tales of the Yawning Portal where it is a nasty piece of work.

Tomb of Annihilation isn't quite that bad :D

Next/first session is tomorrow at 730 remember.

If you could all be understanding as I hadn't realised how "easy" SKT had gotten because I had large chunks of the book in my head! I am still working on ToA and I am keen to worldbuild again with you guys but I am nowhere near as au fait with new book as I should be :D

Level 1! Level 1! Level 1! Level 1!

Tense battle against 4 Goblins and a Hobgoblin! I'm glad we're not having to deal with any world any stuff anymore!

I loved that, and I can't wait to spend more time developing Roscoe, assuming he's not squashed the second he pops out of the teleport of course. It's great to be playing someone a little more cheerful after so long with Farren. :)

• Upvote 1

Upside.. Nat20 first combat roll! :D

Downside.. near death from one miserable arrow! :blink:

Upside.. Sister has healing magic! :D

Liking the new dynamics.. but that's a TOUGH sell to a bunch of Lv1s

1 minute ago, Mogster said:

He's just enthusiastic. ;)

So's Syphilis

So as we're sending these people off to die...can we give them stuff? :P

that was a scratch they'll be fine :D I love level 1 characters... in Phandelver we sent 3 characters unconcious just trying to climb a slope remember :D

80xp each :D

• Upvote 1

I absolutely need to work on my vicious mockery. :lol: :facepalm: Maybe someone in the group will need to teach her how to be more mean and vicious. It’s actually nursery level. “Well, you have a snake for a face so, ha!” 

Bard can change spells at level up and only at that point, have I understood that correctly? 

correct and there are limitations on what you can swap out - basically you can swap out 1 spell when you gain a level - and you can't swap out cantrips.

as for being a tough sell - Syndra will see the new party next session - in the meantime remember your alignments and your values. The whole world is affected not long after some pretty bloody battles with giants... people you know may well be affected as well... there are a few factors here. Also its sunny and warm in Chult this time of year

Just now, Hexx said:

Speaking of tough sells and incentives/bribes...Was it 1 item we could give them or 1 item each. 

it was neither , I hadn't decided!

if I allow anything at all it will be 1 item per character but I dont want to imbalance anything so I am thinking about it

just because it's called Tomb of Annihilation and there is a death curse possibly caused by a Lich that will prevent any resurrection you ASSUME you are going to die...

lighten up :D

42 minutes ago, Clipper said:

just because it's called Tomb of Annihilation and there is a death curse possibly caused by a Lich that will prevent any resurrection you ASSUME you are going to die...

lighten up :D

I assume we've just inadvertently fed the Soul Monger a nice tasty Ancient Dragon soul.. :facepalm:

12 minutes ago, MDY said:

I assume we've just inadvertently fed the Soul Monger a nice tasty Ancient Dragon soul.. :facepalm:

the mechanics of the Soulmonger are fascinating :D An intriguing artifact indeed

26 minutes ago, The Hierophant said:

I’m sure it will be fine. Just Fine

Well she is in 2 parts at least... (we should have thrown the rest down that pit!)

no XP this time - very story heavy but some cracking RP all round I thought :D

Love the LVl 1 reaction to a cloud giant in the hall

Edit- Roscoe - I like idea it was typical tourist party blundering into a temple and saying "hey heard about a curse?"then finding out its where the local artisans hang out :)