rllmuk
Clipper

Rllmuk Dungeons and Dragons 5e - Tomb of Annihilation - WRITEUPS UPTO DATE 15/12

10 hours ago, Clipper said:

no problem

Cheers - BTW how do we handle prepared spells? Do we need to let you know what we've chosen each day?

Unlike the sorcerer, there's nothing about 'known' spells, so I assume I can pick from every lv1 spell in the list? (Same as the cleric I think?)

it also might be your editor that does it (Paws' sheet is the same). I use adobe acrobat pdf viewer whjich does allow editing but only for form fillable fields. Something else might be re-saving it less efficiently.

As also both yours and paws' sheet have bits that are hidden unless I select then.

as for preparing spells @MDY it is all trust same as you all track your HP etc. So swap them out after long rest, you don't need to tell me just be honest when casting as we all are with many things as we play the game :)

Something I realised last night - if we had 20 less XP (i.e. were still level 1) Feneth would have been instantly (and perma) dead from 20 damage based on his 9 HP.

Kinda sad that didn't happen. Would have made for some interesting RP :P

1 minute ago, Clipper said:

as for preparing spells @MDY it is all trust same as you all track your HP etc. So swap them out after long rest, you don't need to tell me just be honest when casting as we all are with many things as we play the game :)

Cheers - TBH most of the time I'm probably going to be using them to add Divine Smite damage anyway.. :D

Well.. when I can hit stuff anyway..

That said.. Shield of Faith (+2 to AC from a bonus action) already likely saved me a KO.. :blink:

1 minute ago, Hexx said:

Something I realised last night - if we had 20 less XP (i.e. were still level 1) Feneth would have been instantly (and perma) dead from 20 damage based on his 9 HP.

Roscoe may kill us all yet.. 

Maybe we should build him a raft.. :P

1 minute ago, MDY said:

Roscoe may kill us all yet.. 

Maybe we should build him a raft.. :P

I think I've got 50 feet of rope. We could just tow him behind us.

2 hours ago, MDY said:

Cheers - BTW how do we handle prepared spells? Do we need to let you know what we've chosen each day?

Unlike the sorcerer, there's nothing about 'known' spells, so I assume I can pick from every lv1 spell in the list? (Same as the cleric I think?)

I think Paladins are the same as clerics, both divine magic. So you have access to all spells on your list of the levels you can cast. You then have a number of spells prepared based on level and casting stat. 

You can use slots to cast any of your prepared spells. 

On yiur our character sheet there is a little fillable circle to indicate whether a spell is prepared or not. 

You prepare the list of paladin Spellsthat are available for you to cast, choosing from the paladin spell list. When you do so, choose a number of paladin Spells equal to your Charismamodifier + half your paladin level, rounded down (minimum of one spell). The Spells must be of a level for which you have Spell Slots.

For example, if you are a 5th-level paladin, you have four 1st-level and two 2nd-level Spell Slots. With a Charisma of 14, your list of prepared Spells can include four Spells of 1st or 2nd level, in any combination. If you prepare the 1st-level spell Cure Wounds, you can cast it using a 1st-level or a 2nd-level slot. Casting the spell doesn't remove it from your list of prepared Spells.

You can change your list of prepared Spells when you finish a Long Rest. Preparing a new list of paladin Spellsrequires time spent in prayer and meditation: at least 1 minute per Spell Level for each spell on your list.

https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Paladin#content 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, MDY said:

Cheers - TBH most of the time I'm probably going to be using them to add Divine Smite damage anyway.. :D

Well.. when I can hit stuff anyway..

That said.. Shield of Faith (+2 to AC from a bonus action) already likely saved me a KO.. :blink:

Yep. I’ve got that prepared!

43 minutes ago, Hexx said:

I think I've got 50 feet of rope. We could just tow him behind us.

You'd have to keep me at least 30ft behind. :ph34r:

49 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Be careful what you wish for. I think I'd have been horrified. :lol: 

To retcon the diamond thing, I'm thinking that Roscoe glimpsed a diamond on a stall after levelling up, and found himself strangely drawn to it. He paid the 50GP without even thinking about it, and found himself with a new spell.

• Upvote 1

i like that - and then when sitting with diamond he feels the power he could draw from it knows it can take many forms but not sure on the control aspect :D

all adds to flavour

• Upvote 1

more like powering it up so some unknown entity can unleash that power across the world or use it for their own purposes - each kill you make adds to the power :D

On 30/09/2018 at 22:20, Rikku said:

"You just say boo to him, and he crumples to the floor"

Three minutes later:

"I'm unconcious"

:lol:

Didn't even last 3 minutes in that fight

I cobbled together a level 3 sheet after we levelled up, but can we still fiddle with those before next week? I could probably put some more thought into those choices. :unsure:

8 minutes ago, Rikku said:

Just a heads up, definitely not going to make the session on October 28th.  Will either still be in London for MCM Comicon or travelling back...

Yep, same.. 

yeah i dont need sheets til friday but no later as I want to try and familiarise myself with what is going on now at 3rd :D some of you get some big stuff.

oh and I forgot - can't believe Ariana let the unicorn bunnies get murdered :p

Almiraj.JPG

Yeah we leveled up on our last night in TTL inn (the 70 XP from watching the ER pushed us over) in the last session. (Then the crocodile pushed us to 570ish)

Then this week the 20 zombies, 3 Petra and a snake pushed us over.

The zombie T-REX would have got us to level 4 (we could kite it from the boat while we whittled it down from range...!)

Question : Undead coming back. I think I know that doesn't happen if they fail a DC, or they took Radiant damage? What do "characters" know about that?