Dead by Daylight

Alan Stock

Had a game earlier against the Hag. They didn’t use her trap/teleport power at all during the game and spent the entire game chasing me, only hitting me once (and getting me an achievement for spending over 50% of the game injured). She tunnelled me so long the rest of the survivors did all five gens and opened the gate and I managed to lose the Hag long enough to escape myself. :lol:

What are any of your favorite perk setups?

My favorite seems to be..

Dectective Tapp - Dectectives Hunch

Nancy wheeler ,- inner strength 

Feng Ming - alert

Bill overbeck - unbreakable 

But it does perhaps make the game a little too easy.  Bill perhaps isn't so useful these days , but on the odd chance I get to use it then it's generally been worth it.

I don’t have any teachable perks unlocked yet, so I’m just using whatever the character has. My highest character is Leatherface at level 21 and I like barbecue and chilli as I don’t know the maps so seeing where survivors are for a few seconds is really helpful. 

On 22/03/2021 at 14:57, moosegrinder said:

I'm a delicate flower and those people ruin shit for me. It's on Game Pass and my OHs daughter likes playing it so fuck it, I'll get her to protect me. Might be a hoot.

Ok I’ve played the game for 30 hours since last Friday and can count the toxic interactions on one hand. As I said previously people either don’t say anything or just say GG WP. Actually having said that I’ve had some downright positive interactions as well where people were talking about how I’d scared the shit out of them when they rounded a corner straight into me, or when me and the Pig from Saw had a proper game of cat and mouse for about 5 minutes straight where I used every technique I could and she hit me once. It was tense as hell and we both laughed about it afterwards. 

I absolutely love it. I prefer playing killer, but I convinced a mate to get it so these last few days I’ve mostly been playing survivor with him and we’ve been having a blast. You’d think being on comms together would help but we’re so daft we’ll say stuff like “the killer is over there!” “Over where?!?” “Over there, by the boxes...” “the damn level is full of boxes which ones do you OH FUCK HE’S HERE SHIT SHIT SHIT”. 

I’m getting pretty handy at it, too :D

8F4EA5D1-4E6E-4E54-98B8-BAFCD8692843.thumb.png.05bb4b6ccf12cae43b2ab14c0de1d780.png

This was given away on PS+ many moons ago in 2018. A friend and I played it for an evening, decided it would be a fun distraction for a few nights.

We still play it (or we do when I’m not being a grumpy overworked bastard anyway), and always pick up the DLC when it goes on sale. It’s bloody brilliant.

Yeah I liked it so much on gamepass I just bought it for steam along with all the dlc, as it was all on sale at cd keys. 

Crossplay is a thing, right? I don’t know how it works across console and PC but if you ever fancy some games let me know. 

23 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Ok I’ve played the game for 30 hours since last Friday and can count the toxic interactions on one hand. As I said previously people either don’t say anything or just say GG WP. Actually having said that I’ve had some downright positive interactions as well where people were talking about how I’d scared the shit out of them when they rounded a corner straight into me, or when me and the Pig from Saw had a proper game of cat and mouse for about 5 minutes straight where I used every technique I could and she hit me once. It was tense as hell and we both laughed about it afterwards. 

I absolutely love it. I prefer playing killer, but I convinced a mate to get it so these last few days I’ve mostly been playing survivor with him and we’ve been having a blast. You’d think being on comms together would help but we’re so daft we’ll say stuff like “the killer is over there!” “Over where?!?” “Over there, by the boxes...” “the damn level is full of boxes which ones do you OH FUCK HE’S HERE SHIT SHIT SHIT”. 

I’m getting pretty handy at it, too :D

8F4EA5D1-4E6E-4E54-98B8-BAFCD8692843.thumb.png.05bb4b6ccf12cae43b2ab14c0de1d780.png

Aye go on then I'll give it a go.

On 31/03/2021 at 20:16, Doctor Shark said:

Yeah I liked it so much on gamepass I just bought it for steam along with all the dlc, as it was all on sale at cd keys. 

Crossplay is a thing, right? I don’t know how it works across console and PC but if you ever fancy some games let me know. 

Hey man. If you have the steam version you should just be able add me - Darhkwing.

Match making can be a bit funny depending on  player levels though.

Feels good.

unknown.thumb.png.45692084c925ae207bb346eae24b6c95.png

To break it down:

Gold medal for helping others

Gold medal for running like the blazes away from the killer and living to tell the tale

Gold medal for completing objectives

Iridescent medal for staying alive and escaping

Trial by fire is best. To be honest the game is simple in theory, but there’s nuance brought by the perks people bring, which killer you’re facing, what map you’re on and so on. 

What platform are you on? 

13 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Trial by fire is best. To be honest the game is simple in theory, but there’s nuance brought by the perks people bring, which killer you’re facing, what map you’re on and so on. 

What platform are you on? 

Xbox. If it's in PC GamePass my rig should run it ok.

It is on gamepass on PC. The only reason I switched from the gamepass version to steam was the dlc was a lot, lot cheaper over on CDKeys - over half price in some cases. Granted the DLC isn’t that expensive anyway (about a fiver a go and that typically but not always gets you a killer, a survivor and a new map), but there’s quite a lot of it to get. 

4 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

First escape. Now I can't get a match for love nor fucking money :/

20210407_211531.jpg

Yay, grats! And an iridescent medal, too! Well played!

We need to figure out a way to group up - I play as a trio and a fourth would round out the team nicely and get us away from randos who like to kill themselves or disconnect on the first hook...

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

DM'd

I tried looking for solutions to not getting a game for 20 minutes of trying but all I could find was "Yeah, sometimes there aren't enough people playing" which doesn't fill me with confidence.

Hmm, it’s never taken me that long, ever, even with a party of two or three (which naturally limits the number of games which can accommodate you). The matchmaking system is a bit broken at the moment due to some recent changes but they’re looking into those. I’ve found survivors queue longer in the evening than in the daytime and the opposite is true for killers, but I’ve never waited more than five minutes or so in over 60 hours of play over the last two weeks. 

Still mad addicted to this. 32000 is the max score you can get as killer.

killerclown1.thumb.png.08e3faf920197539bcf7e4fd1b5eb20f.png

My clown was level 2, with only one addon and a single perk, and is widely considered to be one of the worst killers in the game and I beat a team of well geared, experienced survivors.

I did similarly well in a match prior, with only a rank 4 survivor making it out alive...

killerclown.thumb.png.013f9de64a806a7c91bc725c542c0da5.png 

This was seriously pushing my buttons last night. Matchmaking bead taking forever and then when I did get in the killer found me almost immediately which made for a miserable experience.

But then there was this.

Unfortunately I only have my capture set to a minute but shortly before we all legged it there was some mega cooperation. We'd made short work of the generators and three of us were stood at the entrance and the last guy got hooked. All 3 of us turned and went to unhook them (we saw the killer run off) and then we legged it. It was supreme. Guy must have been howling.

I've only played as Killer two or three times. It's hard, man. I watched some tips videos and it relies a lot on just experience. Not sure I've got the patience. One guy said "If you've only got hundreds of hours in DbD instead of thousands" and I laughed my tits off and shut the video.

Spend your blood points!

We similarly had a funny moment last night where the killer had sacrificed three of us and then was standing on the hatch waiting for the last person, clearly planning to slam it shut just as they got there. Unfortunately they were too slow and my pal jumped through the hatch literally right in the killer’s face. That’s why you don’t get cocky as the killer :lol:

3 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Spend your blood points!

Meh, I'm level 15 on Dwight and don't want to spend owt else before I get chance to see who's worth levelling. Starting at the bottom with no perks doesn't seem worth it, and you have to get to level 40 to unlock all 3 teachables. The grind is very real it seems.