IGNORED

Dead by Daylight

Alan Stock

On 21/01/2022 at 14:07, Doctor Shark said:

Yeah sure, add me. I don't play as much as I used to, but I still do try to get on regularly.

Sent you an invite a week or so ago, I'm Mr Magpie on Steam so you probably didn't realise it was me 😂

Anyone else getting fucked off with the red envelopes in this event? Particularly in solo queue it just seems to involve all your teammates spending the first couple of minutes hunting extra BP. Get on gens you cunts!

I love Nemesis, just his silly big bulky self stomping around the map is dead fun. Negating pallets with the whip, even better ❤️

I grinded to Rank 1 killer last month (only picked up the game when it was free on Epic so I dont know if this is easy anyway) and he became a firm favourite to get there.

Congratulations! 

The rank itself doesn't mean anything any more, unfortunately, since they changed it in September last year. It's just an indication of how much you've played - as long as you have a roughly 50/50 win/loss ratio, you'll get to rank 1 if you play enough.

What matters now is the skill based match making but, sadly, they don't let on how that works so there's no way to judge how well you're performing.

They did. It breaks it down into basically a 1v1 despite it being 4v1. If you get a kill, that's a win. IF someone escapes you lose. As a survivor if you escape out the exit gates, you win. If you escape out the hatch it doesn't contribute to the MMR. If you die, you lose. There has been a LOT of discussion about it since they let that get out there.

It was the lead designer. There's no way in this wide world they'd let the furore go on like it has if the MMR worked different. Plus after the last Q&A session that Patrick bloke is absolutely the kind of person that would tell people then shrug and go 'what you going to do?' because he basically did.

^

EDIT

4 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Getting to Iri 1 is a matter of time, so you must have played a lot, man. I only got to Iri 4. And yeah, Nemmy is life.

Aye I did play it a fair bit, quite a lot of double pipping helps but even so it is certainly a grind eh, couldnt be arsed with that every month. 

Are there no kind of advanced stats you can access for this game?  Like to find your winrates with different killers, average kills, most used perks etc etc?  I'm thinking like for HotS (in fact every big MOBA has this in some form or another) we have Heroes Profile which you can get loads of interesting and useful data from. 

5 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

It was the lead designer. There's no way in this wide world they'd let the furore go on like it has if the MMR worked different. Plus after the last Q&A session that Patrick bloke is absolutely the kind of person that would tell people then shrug and go 'what you going to do?' because he basically did.

^

EDIT

yes, he’s an arsehat. Smug, self-satisfied tosser. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I didn't punt on him as I'm feeling a bit low on DbD at the moment. My MMR is at the point where games are super sweaty or I steamroll them. I had one last night which was both.

A 3 man SWF (they had the same 'clan' gamertag) complete with Decisive Strikes, Unbrokens, Dead Hards, Iron Wills, and the one who thinks they're an amazing looper and so try to provoke you into following them by continuously clicking the flash light.  I murdered the other 3 first to make a point. Altruism genuinely is the real killer in this game.

Anyway after that one game I felt exhausted so I played Moonlighter instead.

Had a go the other day - the dredge does feel a little OP in my opinion and I have to say whilst it does feel scary, the fact a lot of the time you can'tsee anything is a massive pain the ass. Also, the new level seems difficult to navigate but i did only play it a handful of times so far.

Slowed down playing it anyway, i was pretty hooked on the game (pun intended).  I just feel like the game has gotten a little bit stale but then again i have put 1500 hours into it.

6 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

This is it. You see people pissing and moaning about it and they've got 3k hours in the game and you're like "How many other games have you played that long?!"

Yeah that's good milage! I just wish they tried something different like events with a different objective or perhaps a mode where 8 of you goes up against 2 killers etc. 

You can keep throwing new killers and survivors in, but it gets to the point the perks it gives makes old ones obsolete  and a lot of the killers don't really have anything that makes them unique from other killers. The original DBD characters (billy, trapper, wraith) I still like going up against though as they seem to have the uniqueness to them even if they are not the most powerful.