rllmuk

Tarting around with the 360

@Treble - get yourself an RGH if you are having disk read troubles - all games play off the hard drive once you install from disk, and the discs are no longer needed. You can also rip discs on your PC/Mac and then ftp them over as smaller files, saving space. Has a fan overide too to keep it cool, and the new/latest Aurora dash has temp read outs aswell.

@ScouserInExile - do you still have yours?

@Pavey, my new Resi Evil limited edition seems to read them fine, so I'm staying with that for now.

That said, I don't think I'd spring for a pre-modded machine. If I couldn't do it myself, I'd just leave it tbh. I only need it for music games (I can't see any of them on the Xbone BC list) and the guys behind Clone Hero are bringing out a new version  of their game that supports drums, soon. I'll be happy as a pig in muck once that's around :) 

On 03/09/2018 at 12:19, Treble said:

@Pavey, my new Resi Evil limited edition seems to read them fine, so I'm staying with that for now.

That said, I don't think I'd spring for a pre-modded machine. If I couldn't do it myself, I'd just leave it tbh. I only need it for music games (I can't see any of them on the Xbone BC list) and the guys behind Clone Hero are bringing out a new version  of their game that supports drums, soon. I'll be happy as a pig in muck once that's around :) 

How have i not heard of clone hero? (well, i might have tried one of the betas many years ago actually). This works with the normal guiatars and microphones? Be awesome if the drums were supported too then.

Still use my hacked xbox 360 as a rock band machine, would be nicer to set up on pc though.

I keep meaning to make a topic in Discussion, actually :)

It supports Guitars (including Bass) right now, and there are no plans for mic or keyboards in future. I guess just too complex, especially pitch recognition with the mic.

Drums will be in the next version. Technically, as it's xinput, you can use the drums as an input method right now in CH. It'd be a guitar chart though, so you'd be playing the melody instead of the rhythm! I think the engine of CH is so simple that adding differentiation between drum and cymbal hits wasn't possible.

My understanding is, the new game will support four-lane drums (RB) not five-lane (GH) but will support export/pro charts where the symbols on screen are either a standard hit or a cymbal hit.

The current CH has loads of song tracks and track packs for it. There are rips of the original game's songs, brand new songs just out now, and everything in-between. It also has a load of features the original games don't: auto-strum, tapping (hammer-ons) only, speed adjustment with adjusted scores (recognised by leaderboards), and you can even upload different background art and highways.

As always, when I talk about CH I have to talk about the master: Acai. He's an actual wizard, I think. One of the most popular tunes on CH is 'Soulless', which has had 4 sequels. Here's Acai FC-ing (full combo, not a note missed) Through the Fire and the Flames... at 125% speed, too... and that's not even hard compared to his playthroughs of the Soulless tracks...

2 hours ago, Ketchup said:

How easy is it to RGH mod an xbox 360? Any recommendations on guides or where to get equipment?

I'd say you need to be pretty competent around motherboards and soldering irons etc. You have to blow a fuse or something and do a bit of soldering (I think) but once done it blows the doors of the 360's security. I've only recently got the prompt for a new Freestyle dash so it seems development for the hacked side of the 360 still continues. I had the mod done years ago so how its done may have changed (I think the first was called jtag then came rgh, or that may be the other way around). Love my RGH 360, Outrun Arcade is never leaving my TV setup.  

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Ketchup said:

How easy is it to RGH mod an xbox 360? Any recommendations on guides or where to get equipment?

Have a look on realmodscene or xbox360iso. 

@amc Surprised you are using Freestyle, have you tried Aurora?

7 hours ago, Pavey said:

Have a look on realmodscene or xbox360iso. 

@amc Surprised you are using Freestyle, have you tried Aurora?

Haha yeh my mistake it's Aurora that I use and which updated to 0.7br1622 the other week. More of a current gen player these days so my mind is stuck in the time of Freestyle which is what I used several years ago at my 360 playing height. Freestyle is probably abandoned now I'd imagine.

Aurora has loads of cool shit and plugins, great software. Love being able to download all the latest patches etc. Nice temp reading graphs in the latest update too. The memory looks to be running a little hot lol.