rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Bleeders

FIFA 19

Echoing what’s been said already, I really quite liked this. Will be going digital.

Could you alter the positioning of players before in previous iterations? I liked I could bring Sanchez and Lingard closer to Lukaku and push Valencia and Shaw on into WB positions. I also like that - finally - the mini-map defaults to different shapes which makes it easier at glancing.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Theholyhogg said:

So wait....is this the greatest fifa ever made??ever????

Let's just start with 'it looks like it's better than 18'.

After that, I'll take 'It's good enough to bring some of the Rllmuk crew back together'.

And after that, I'll dare to dream that I'll once again be on mic with @Mitchell, @Jamin, @Timmo, @Steely, @Baring, and the other wonderful chaps I've genuinely missed.

Not @GrahamDunn though. Fuck @GrahamDunn.

• Upvote 7
  • Empathy 1

I'm just looking forward to the start of Ultimate Team. Those first few weeks, where you're using players from smaller leagues and learning the game, are just the best.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Timmo said:

I'm just looking forward to the start of Ultimate Team. Those first few weeks, where you're using players from smaller leagues and learning the game, are just the best.

I usually spend money on Fifa points early on to get a bit of a head start. But not this year. I'm in for the grind and looking forward to using players from smaller leagues. I used to do it, not sure why I changed. 

3 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

Let's just start with 'it looks like it's better than 18'.

After that, I'll take 'It's good enough to bring some of the Rllmuk crew back together'.

And after that, I'll dare to dream that I'll once again be on mic with @Mitchell, @Jamin, @Timmo, @Steely, @Baring, and the other wonderful chaps I've genuinely missed.

Not @GrahamDunn though. Fuck @GrahamDunn.

We’ll need to do another big pack opening night in FUT too, that was good. 

Pre ordered the standard disc version today, going to try not to spend any money on points this year, Road To Glory beckons! FUT Web App starts on the 20th, hope I can match my kickstart player of Nainngolan who made me 170k in the first two weeks. 

I just pre-ordered this on disc via eBay ShopTo for £40. There's a 10% off voucher live on all purchases on eBay just for today fyi.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

The real question is, can we get @SaintM back to run BAP? 

I have asked and hes wsiting to see what fifas like (it wasnt an outright no) he doesnt come on here much atm but you catch him on psn

3 hours ago, Baring said:

Aww I have to buy it now @Pants McSkill. I missed 18 and actually played other games. I’ll be back for 19! Let’s do it. 

8 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

3 hours ago, Theholyhogg said:

Solo-Star-Wars-Story-Memes.gif

:wub:

Fuck it, I’m buying the stupid version with all the UT packs. 

Lets do it!

:omg:

• Upvote 2

Haha!

I reckon SaintM will get it. Whenever I pop onto PSN he's always there playing FIFA 18. If he can't get enough of that cancerous ruin, he'll be all over this un-irradiated haven.

I think we should crack on without him though, league-wise. The impression I got from him is that he's done being the ringmaster but might take part if the leagues restarted.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

i'm not sure what version to get at this stage?  is everyone PS4 now? or Xbox One?

I’m not sure Xbox has ever been mentioned. It’s ps4 all the way! Unless you want to play kids. 

• Upvote 1

Hey there.

Its all true, I still end up playing FIFA 18 like a down and out desperately glugging Lidl brand whiskey.

Im not intending to get 19 for a bit, just bought Spider-Man so best give that my time first.

I'll give it a season for the expectant patch to fix all the horrifying bugs before I leap. As @Jamin has rightly suggested, I’m not really up for any sorta admin role, but would be ok with helping on the technical side if needed (whatever that might entail). 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SaintM said:

Hey there.

Its all true, I still end up playing FIFA 18 like a down and out desperately glugging Lidl brand whiskey.

Im not intending to get 19 for a bit, just bought Spider-Man so best give that my time first.

I'll give it a season for the expectant patch to fix all the horrifying bugs before I leap. As @Jamin has rightly suggested, I’m not really up for any sorta admin role, but would be ok with helping on the technical side if needed (whatever that might entail). 

I finished spider-man last weekend you’ve got plenty of time to finish it before Fifa 19 drops.

I'm still trying this out occasionally. I do want to like it despite my complaints and you all seem to. Could someone tell me what the best settings are for things like controls in terms of assists etc? I've played manual in the past but I don't think that really works in FIFA and I don't want to be ruining it for myself. At the same time, the default set-up feels way too automatic. Semi would seem the obvious choice but what are most of you using? I'd like to start from there to know I'm at least getting the same experience those of you that are enjoying it are having. Is the default set up for assists what most of you use?

I think I normally use default for everything except crossing - that is on semi. Hospitality settings don't seem to save for me though so my preferences change from year to year. 

5 hours ago, Pockets said:

I'm still trying this out occasionally. I do want to like it despite my complaints and you all seem to. Could someone tell me what the best settings are for things like controls in terms of assists etc? I've played manual in the past but I don't think that really works in FIFA and I don't want to be ruining it for myself. At the same time, the default set-up feels way too automatic. Semi would seem the obvious choice but what are most of you using? I'd like to start from there to know I'm at least getting the same experience those of you that are enjoying it are having. Is the default set up for assists what most of you use?

Default, manual or semi assisted is fine if you’re playing locally but it’s not possible to enjoy online vs someone assisted

Control scheme: I also use everything default with crossing on semi. I'd strongly recommend this too if you're coming from PES, there's enough muscle memory to relearn as it is without complicating matters.

@Chewylegs All three versions are on the PS Store. I wouldn't buy the most expensive version, it's an extra tenner for 20 packs, but they're doled out over the lifespan of the game. If you really must have more packs, you're better off dropping that extra tenner on points... But on that note, don't buy points, and do 'clean' UT with us lot! It's way more rewarding.

And a note on the new timed finishing. The youtubers seem to be saying that it's not worth using it inside the box, the risk/reward ratio isn't good enough ... except if the angle is really tight OR you're going for volleyed wondergoals to stick on a compilation.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

Control scheme: I also use everything default with crossing on semi. I'd strongly recommend this too if you're coming from PES, there's enough muscle memory to relearn as it is without complicating matters.

@Chewylegs All three versions are on the PS Store. I wouldn't buy the most expensive version, it's an extra tenner for 20 packs, but they're doled out over the lifespan of the game. If you really must have more packs, you're better off dropping that extra tenner on points... But on that note, don't buy points, and do 'clean' UT with us lot! It's way more rewarding.

And a note on the new timed finishing. The youtubers seem to be saying that it's not worth using it inside the box, the risk/reward ratio isn't good enough ... except if the angle is really tight OR you're going for volleyed wondergoals to stick on a compilation.

Cheers.no, I don't want the ultimate edition but was wondering about digital this year, is there any pluses over disc version? I spent a tenner last year on packs, that worked ok for me, but don't usually.