Streets of Rage IV - Survival Mode DLC and Anniversary Editions Out Now

Down by Law

Went back to this after all the recent hype and I seem to be about 134% better at it than when I got it :lol: 

I’m trying to unlock all the characters (just got SOR3 Axel) and pickup some achievements.  It’s just so good and so addictive.

I’m still crap, but I’m getting the hang of using the specials a bit more and refilling the green energy.  Also, Max was always my guy in the original SOR2.  Used to play with a friend - he was Skate, I was Max, and that was the way of things :) 

Just in case anyone gets too excited, the mention of Game Pass just means the DLC works with that version of the game. You don't get it with Game Pass.

I'll probably use this as an excuse to throw my money at the Steam version - it's currently 40% off in the sale, so even if DotEmu fucks up on regional pricing it's still about a score for the lot.

It's taken me close to a year of trying on and off, and a hell of a lot of frustration (at myself, not the game), but I'm glad I was able to get this done before the DLC comes out. When I first started playing I was sure I'd cap out at normal! Arcade mode S is out of my reach though, can't do it all in one go, but I'm very happy anyway.

Adore this game, bring on the DLC!

985890_20210703230518_1.jpg

Game is updating on Steam at least, new training mode is in. It's showing me just how terrible I am :lol: Don't know if you just have to do this stuff frame perfect but I just cannot get enough wall bounces!

Also, the new soundtrack is up on Spotify, it's real good!

20 minutes ago, kempstar said:

Ive updated it on Switch, get Mr X’s Nightmare as a menu option, but when I click to go to eShop, it just says “There are no products being distributed at this time”.

Anybody else getting the same?

Yup

48 minutes ago, kempstar said:

Ive updated it on Switch, get Mr X’s Nightmare as a menu option, but when I click to go to eShop, it just says “There are no products being distributed at this time”.

Anybody else getting the same?

They've said on twitter they are working to fix and it might take a few days.

Oh my - the Survival mode really is a good fit for SoR, isn't it?

Love how you get scanlines on the retro stages, the bonus rewards and so on. The new characters feel really good to play, too.

Thumbs up for such a tiny price!

31 minutes ago, The Mighty Ash said:

FFS

Got my Son coming round tomorrow for a SOR4DLC night 😰

Is it working OK on Xbox and PS? Ill buy it twice. I dont care.

Well now I have claw hand. This should be illegal.

I think my favourite to use of the new characters is actually Shiva. His blitz attack goes with a dash that lets you cover plenty of ground which makes it easy to get out of danger.

But there are so many new abilities to unlock...

I just had a quick blast of Survival mode with Shiva, and he was ridiculous to start with and then got more insane with the power-ups. Perhaps the elemental power-ups could be added to the base game as well for added comedy. :)

Just had a go of survival with Max and it's just chaos!! Had fire and electric powers added to lots of his moves and was dishing out 140 hit combos like they were sweeties! Brilliant fun and the fact you can unlock alternative moves just makes it even better. Best value dlc ever. 

13 hours ago, The Mighty Ash said:

This sucks so much. I’ve bought it on steam already but that’s not the point! I really wanna play it on Switch.