Turn your PS-Vita / PSTV into a fantastic emulation machine.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This was really pretty easy! I've only just got to the stage of having downgraded to 3.60 and installed Enso. A few questions:

1) How do I uninstall a plug-in once it's in place?

2) All of my PS1 classic and PSP icons disappeared from the home screen after the process, can I get these back without doing a backup and restore? Would rebuilding the database break anything?

3) Is there an on-console homebrew browser or anything?

To answer my own questions:

1) Just comment out the line in the config.txt file, and optionally delete the binary. Or for homebrew apps just use the Vita UI

2) Rebuilding the database didn't break anything but didn't fix it

3) Yes, but it often doesn't work

I think I will run out of space for icons before I run out of space for stuff. I’m currently about halfway through installing everything on my Download List so I never have to touch that piece of crap interface ever again.

Guys! Did you know that if you copy one file across to your modded Vita and write one line in a config file, it can show up as a camera on your PC, and you can capture everything on it as a video? You have to do half-resolution (PSP resolution) to hit 60 fps but that's it.

Everyone should mod their Vita, it's so good.

Could someone clue me in on the best emulators for C64, Amiga and GBA across the Vita and PSP? There seem to be a lot of options, I am grabbing Retroarch and some standalone ones but is that redundant?

15 hours ago, Alex W. said:

Everyone should mod their Vita, it's so good.

Agreed. I would have thought that the incredible transformation that the Vita achieves through modding would be much more well-known than it is, and Vitas would be going for 500 quid at CeX by now.

It’s worth it for many of the plug ins as a quality of life improvement, even if you have no interest in home brew software.

Although I can now play Quake 2 on a handheld.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is thinking of using the video out plugin, I’ve measured the delay at 1-2 frames in half-resolution, 60 FPS mode, and 2-3 (60fps) frames in the full-resolution, 30 FPS mode. This is with buffering disabled on the PC end of course, and using a laptop’s built-in screen which has essentially zero video lag of its own. If you’re then using the PC to output to a TV there will be some delay on top of that, but it’s still very, very responsive.

where is best place to get one. Do CEX have any quality control on how good the consoles are (I dont use CEX) otherwise is it chancing your arm on ebay? Seems like it doesnt matter wehat the firmware is becuase all can be done but 3.60 is easiest.

1 hour ago, Clipper said:

where is best place to get one. Do CEX have any quality control on how good the consoles are (I dont use CEX) otherwise is it chancing your arm on ebay? Seems like it doesnt matter wehat the firmware is becuase all can be done but 3.60 is easiest.

I'm really surprised how good the prices for all models of Vita are on eBay right now, even in box. Definitely worth the £100 or so. 

With Sony shutting down the store I decided to finally mod my current Vita and get the SD2Vita stuff going, all works brilliantly.

The only thing I am finding a pain is emulating my gba stuff. Back in the day I used one with Adrenaline, but everyone seems to point at Retroarch now, which just seems a mess on the Vita, massively overblown for what I want to use it for really. Or am I missing something? What do people here use at the moment?

On 09/04/2021 at 12:40, Clipper said:

Drop me a PM, I've got one I am shifting :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ignore below, I now have 119Gb of space, so I assume it works, the settings menu has henkaku installed but stuff like Adrenaline, Homebrew Channel and VitaShell have all disappeared...

I'm trying to do the backup stage of modding my Vita to use SD2Vita, I've used both my PC's file explorer and Cyberduck to try and back up the "ux0" folder like the guide on CFWaifu states but every single time it fails, with a connection error being reported back. Can anyone help with this? I have VitaShell2.0 installed and the enso CFW installed.

20 minutes ago, wev said:

Ignore below, I now have 119Gb of space, so I assume it works, the settings menu has henkaku installed but stuff like Adrenaline, Homebrew Channel and VitaShell have all disappeared...

I'm trying to do the backup stage of modding my Vita to use SD2Vita, I've used both my PC's file explorer and Cyberduck to try and back up the "ux0" folder like the guide on CFWaifu states but every single time it fails, with a connection error being reported back. Can anyone help with this? I have VitaShell2.0 installed and the enso CFW installed.

Drop the FW spoofing to 3.60 and go to henkaku.xyz, that will install mulecularshell, from there you can FTP everything back on ;)

1 hour ago, MikeBeaver said:

Drop the FW spoofing to 3.60 and go to henkaku.xyz, that will install mulecularshell, from there you can FTP everything back on ;)

OMG I'm going round in circles and going nuts.

Got Henkaku to install from the browser, got molecularshell to install, all my apps then reappeared but not SD card, just the 14gb of memory on my official card.

Then it said I needed to update (to 3.73) and I thought, fuck it, I'll see if I can start fresh but leave the SD2Vita in.
Now I'm in an endless loop of trying to install H-Encore  but the screen flashes, reboots and then back to being on OFW7.73 but with bubbles for VitaShell, enso, AutoPlugin, Homebrew Browser, h-encore and modoru all visible but trying to load any of them results in an error.

EDIT:

Actually, its when I use AutoPlugin to install SD2Vita, the Vita reboots and tries to get me to upgrade to 3.73