Judgment: detective game spinoff from Yakuza series

mr_woo

10 hours ago, ryodi said:

Bugger I still have the PS4 version unplayed from when I got it at a bargain price last year. 

And I seem to be solely playing on Xbox for a considerable period of time now so I may double dip on this as I'm am utterly adoring Yakuza 7. 

26 minutes ago, cassidy said:

And I seem to be solely playing on Xbox for a considerable period of time now so I may double dip on this as I'm am utterly adoring Yakuza 7. 

Until now all the older Yakuza ports went to Game Pass day one. I haven't seen any confirmation either way about Judgement, but I'd wait before hitting dat pre-order button. 

Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

Until now all the older Yakuza ports went to Game Pass day one. I haven't seen any confirmation either way about Judgement, but I'd wait before hitting dat pre-order button. 

This is very true. 

And you gotta have a Yakuza break after completing one as well. 

Getting a bit of a polish and bundling all the old DLC is as near to Next Gen games as we seem to be getting at the moment, and here's another.  

I wasn't aware of it before today, but apparently, this came out mid 2019 to reasonable reviews:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/judgment

Apparently this is set in the Yakuza world, but is self contained, bar some small references. A detective game, apparently, but still lots of fisticuffs.

Here's not a press release:

"From the makers of the acclaimed Yakuza series, Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio, Judgment is the dramatic tale of a disgraced lawyer seeking redemption in a world rife with corruption and despair. Investigate the seedy Red Light District of Kamurocho by stepping into the mind of private detective Takayuki Yagami and utilise innovative investigation systems to uncover the secrets that lie deep within Kamurocho's corrupt underbelly. Experience visceral combat with two unique combat styles. Take down groups of thugs with sweeping blows in Crane Style, then switch to Tiger to overwhelm a single foe with a series of powerful strikes. Practice mixing-and-matching styles in combat in conjunction with a wide variety of skills, weapons, and powerful (and hilarious) EX Actions to unlock a whole new dimension in combat."

This was a PS4/PC only game coming to Xbox Series X&S, Stadia & Ps5.  Owners of the original release will be relieved to hear that they can contribute further to the title's development cost as there is no upgrade path. 

• 2 months later...

Both Yagami and Ichiban (Like a Dragon) are fantastic, likeable, and charismatic main characters that the RGG team just came up with as if it was nothing. While other devs struggle to come up with one likeable character, RGG Studio introduces a ton of them as side characters seemingly every game. 

And yeah Judgment is absolutely fantastic. Hope we get a sequel.

On 02/02/2021 at 13:17, Mr. Gerbik said:

My high school English teacher here in the Netherlands insisted it's spelled 'judgment' and she'd get the red pen out if we dared to write 'judgement'. Fwiw.

Either's fine. Punch that person in the mouth, your hand trraveling backwards through time if need be.

44 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Either's fine. Punch that person in the mouth, your hand trraveling backwards through time if need be.

She was lovely though. And very hot, I had a crush on her as did most other boys. For some reason all of them behaved very well in that class. Even if I could travel back in time I wouldn't punch her!

And I've completed the main story on this, 20+ hours since Friday, not been that engaged in a game for such a long time, i just couldn't put it down.

Absolutely loved it, the story was great, the whole thing was just pure Japanese cheeseballs and I loved it.

Oh i did notice one thing that was off in the 'next gen remaster'  On one of the 'dating' missions

Spoiler

You talk about your office to one of the women, but you say you have a pinball machine, but in the remaster, there's no pinball, it's an Outrun Arcade machine, they didn't update the conversation though. 

6 hours ago, gooner4life said:

And I've completed the main story on this, 20+ hours since Friday, not been that engaged in a game for such a long time, i just couldn't put it down.

Absolutely loved it, the story was great, the whole thing was just pure Japanese cheeseballs and I loved it.

Good work. I'm 7.5 hrs in now and still on chapter 1 :lol: