Judgment: detective game spinoff from Yakuza series

mr_woo

Better bloody mean they'll be releasing the first one on PC too, mind. It's terribly upsetting that I've got the damn thing on Playstation (had it for ages), but no machine to play it on :( 

:omg:

Looks like Judgment might be taking over as the action based Yakuza title, with Like A Dragon going turn based, assuming it's a series and not a standalone game following Ichiban.

Also looks like Yagami is also visiting Ijincho, Yokohama in Judgment Day.

From where I stand, this is all good!

Threads merged, and @Wahwah* banned for eight years for spelling infractions.

If anyone wants to suggest a new title for this thread, rather than it promising the old game to be rereleased next month, let me know.

2 minutes ago, Xevious said:

Threads merged, and @Wahwah* banned for eight years for spelling infractions.

If anyone wants to suggest a new title for this thread, rather than it promising the old game to be rereleased next month, let me know.

Judgment remastered out now on PS5 / Series X and S? 

Judgment we know it's spelt wrong?

2 hours ago, cassidy said:

Judgment remastered out now on PS5 / Series X and S? 

Judgment we know it's spelt wrong?

Thanks for the suggestions, but @Gorf King made a sensible point that it's a generic word as a game title, so best to have a little description.  So he suggested what I've put.

1 hour ago, Calashnikov said:

Just over half an hour to go before the showcase / event / piss-up:

Here's the thread for the sequel.  I know that you posted this there @Calashnikov, but for anyone else wondering why nobody's following this up ...

I've hit a bug on the blind mice mission where after just doing some drone stuff I have to purchase a disguise. 

Problem is it says my Inventory is full and I cannot purchase the disguise - I dont seem to be able to sell any outfits in my inventory and sold the only thing I could to a pawn shop.

Is this a known bug? Is it fixable? Playing on PS5.

• 4 weeks later...

Just completed this, well the main story after 50 hrs. 

WHAT A GAME! 

Loved it all of it.  Man, Nagoshi and the rest of the studio at Sega can do no wrong in my eyes. 

It's up there with the best of the Yakuza games. 

It's the second RGG studio game in a row that gave me chills and goosebumps at some of those final scenes and battles. 

On 08/05/2021 at 10:44, sandman said:

I've hit a bug on the blind mice mission where after just doing some drone stuff I have to purchase a disguise. 

Problem is it says my Inventory is full and I cannot purchase the disguise - I dont seem to be able to sell any outfits in my inventory and sold the only thing I could to a pawn shop.

Is this a known bug? Is it fixable? Playing on PS5.

I had the same thing. From what I remember, I was actually trying to buy two outfits at the same time without realising it, so perhaps check you're not trying to do the same.

• 2 months later...

Full disclosure I played this game in the most casual gamer way, easy difficulty with the dub. Complaints first. the Keihin gang if a fucking awful gameplay mechanic that ruins exploring Kamurocho whenever they show up, never have I regretted helping someone more when the appearance of those assholes was the consequence. Mortal woulds is bullshit mechanic as well. Apart from that the game is fantastic, I loved all of the characters, the locations, the minigames everything. If I wasn't seven games behind in the Yakuza series (only finished Yakuza PS2. Yakuza 3 PS3 and Zero so far) I'd be jumping straight into Lost Judgment as soon as it is released but the backlog requires me to visit old Kamurocho for a while yet. 

• 4 weeks later...

Chalk me up as a newcomer to Kamurocho with Judgment.

Having watched trailers and the odd Youtube vid in the past, I've always been a bit unsure as to whether I'd like the Yakuza games. And as the series has grown ever larger, it's put me off the idea of giving them a try (let alone considering where to start). When I saw Judgment released and it being it described as a more serious version of Yakuza that requires no prior knowledge, I procrastinated but decided it probably still wasn't for me. However, a recent mention of it on TCGS a month or so back - and how it was on sale on PS5 for £15, tempted me to give it a go.

So 40 hours in I've completed the game and thoroughly enjoyed my time with it. While the main story was quite straight, there were still plenty of outlandish side cases and stories to lighten the mood. And it looked great too. I've still got some unfinished business with the outstanding side cases and drone racing, so I'll be dipping back in to mop a lot of those up. To echo what was said above, the constant fighting on nearly every street was starting to grate a little towards the end, but the use of a few extracts here and there can speed up these encounters.

I'm now looking forward to picking up Lost Judgment at some point and I may even be tempted to have a dabble with the Yakuza series too.

6 hours ago, choduk said:

I'm now looking forward to picking up Lost Judgment at some point and I may even be tempted to have a dabble with the Yakuza series too.

I completed Like a dragon earlier this year and enjoyed it very much that I have not stopped thinking about it, the characters in the Yakuza series are so good, fleshed out with detail. I had to know the story of Kiryu so started playing Yakuza 0 up to chapter 5 at the moment and loving every bit. It is daunting at the prospect of having to play six games in the series to understand everything but when these games are so good why not?

Cost me £50 to get all six games, I purchased Yakuza 0 digital on sale for a fiver and Kiwami was given away on PS+. Kiwami 2, Yakuza remastered collection (Yakuza 3 to 5)  & Yakuza 6 I purchased physical.

Not sure if he has sold them but @teddymeow had some of the games in trading recently.

TLDR - Play the Yakuza series, if you liked Judgement you will love Yakuza.