IGNORED

The Celebrity Death Thread - Minor, Major, Famous, Infamous

Goose

Just watching the first couple of episodes of Golden Girls and I'm really impressed by how well it holds up. Full of one liners you can see coming a mile off, but it keeps moving at a brisk pace and the comedic timing and chemistry between them makes it all really watchable. It's not just pleasant nostalgia - I've laughed out loud a couple of times already.

Not sure you can class Poitier as not so famous, being as though he was an all time great.  

I have to admit though I was surprised to hear of his death this week, as I thought he had died years ago!!!

RIP to a movie legend.

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/marilyn-bergman-dead-oscar-winning-lyricist-7333125/?

Lyricist Marilyn Bergman, who teamed with her husband, Alan Bergman, to win three Academy Awards as one of the most revered writing tandems in the annals of movie music history, has died. She was 93.

Bergman, whose work includes such classics as “The Windmills of Your Mind,” “Nice ’n’ Easy,” “You Don’t Bring Me Flowers” and “The Way We Were,” died peacefully early Saturday morning (Jan. 😎 in her Los Angeles home, according to family rep Ken Sunshine. The cause of death was respiratory failure (non-COVID related). Her husband, 96, survives her.

Wrote this absolute banger of a theme song too.

On 30/12/2021 at 00:20, Doctor Shark said:

John Madden (he is famous in America but only cus of the NFL games over here I guess?) died today  at 85.

Also, Jean-Marc Vallée, Director of Dallas Buyers Club and Big Little Lies, Dies at 58.

He was a great personality. American football games weren't the same if he wasn't the colour commentator. Great coach too of course. Everyone loved John. RIP big man. 

French actor Gaspard Ulliel dies at 37 after skiing accident

Cesar-winning star of A Very Long Engagement and Hannibal Rising involved in accident in the Alps

The star was hospitalised after the accident in the Alps. Ulliel was transported via helicopter on Tuesday to Grenoble but did not survive his injuries, according to the actor’s family and agent.

Local broadcaster France Bleu reported that Ulliel collided with another skier at a crossing point, suffering head trauma. It said the other skier was not hospitalized. An investigation is currently under way.

After some television work, Ulliel had a small role in 2001’s Brotherhood of the Wolf, alongside Vincent Cassel and Monica Bellucci. Acclaimed work in French films Summer Things and Strayed then led to the romantic lead in Jean-Pierre Jeunet’s A Very Long Engagement, opposite Audrey Tautou. The performance saw him win a Cesar for most promising actor.

Ulliel was then cast as young Hannibal Lecter in prequel Hannibal Rising, and as Yves Saint Laurent in biopic Laurent which scored him a Cesar nomination for best actor. He later won the award for Xavier Dolan’s It’s Only the End of the World.

Ulliel was also known for being the face of the fragrance Bleu de Chanel. He will next be seen as Midnight Man in the Marvel show Moon Knight with Oscar Isaac and Ethan Hawke.

Jean Castex, the French prime minister, paid tribute on Twitter, writing that Ulliel “grew up with cinema and cinema grew with him”.

He is survived by model-singer girlfriend Gaëlle Piétri and a son.

15 hours ago, makkuwata said:

His name was Robert Paulson.

Just to get that out of the way early.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that he doesn't belong in a "not so famous celebrity" thread. :) 

Anyway, turns out he died of Covid. :( 

8 hours ago, Monkeyboy said:

I guess what I'm trying to say is that he doesn't belong in a "not so famous celebrity" thread. :) 

Anyway, turns out he died of Covid. :( 

Dude, everybody who died is in here, famous or not. Betty White FFS.

Sadly, Loaf was anti vax too.

But I won't do vax.