IGNORED

The Celebrity Death Thread - Minor, Major, Famous, Infamous

Goose

4 hours ago, FishyFish said:

Sorry, not trying to be a pedant. Just the DM fan in me wanting it to be correct.

Good catch. I think Alan Fletcher is the guy who plays Karl Kennedy in Neighbours? 😂

16 hours ago, Hawklord said:

Alan White, long time drummer with Yes has also passed away

https://www.loudersound.com/news/yes-drummer-alan-white-dead-at-72

He also played drums on Imagine and Jealous Guy among others. Apparently he received a call in 1969 which he initially thought was a prank. It was really John Lennon asking if he would join the Plastic Ono Band. Amazing stuff.

Just now, Hanzo the Razor said:

He also played drums on Imagine and Jealous Guy among others. Apparently he received a call in 1969 which he initially thought was a prank. It was really John Lennon asking if he would join the Plastic Ono Band. Amazing stuff.

Aye, I hadn't realised that until I read some of the obituary. And through meeting Clapton on that tour, he ended up becoming friends with George Harrison subsequently playing drums on All Things Must Pass!

On 13/05/2022 at 17:04, grounded_dreams said:

Shame to see Fred Ward has passed away aged 79, may have to rewatch Temors later.

tremors-original.jpg?quality=80&w=1031&h

Ah shit, and fuck 79? Jeez, I feel old.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this? :(

Her husband, Edward Grinnan, wrote on Facebook: “She left this realm on her own terms. No regrets. She is at peace … I played her [B-52’s song] Roam during her transition. Now she will roam forever. Rest in peace, my love.”

[...]

In 2018, she announced she had been diagnosed with lupus, and complained of chronic pain.

Ah, shit.

Julee Cruise, the singer best known for her collaborations with director David Lynch and The B-52s, died Thursday. Her husband, author Edward Grinnan, confirmed to NPR that Cruise died by suicide, and had struggled with "lupus, depression and alcohol and drug addiction" in the past. She was 65.

On 10/06/2022 at 09:40, Exidor said:

Julee Cruise

Everyone knows Falling but I always liked her resigned delivery on this.

Several years ago I was mildly obsessed with Questions in a World of Blue. Cruise and Badalamenti is one of those utterly heavenly combinations.

• 2 weeks later...