IGNORED

The Celebrity Death Thread - Minor, Major, Famous, Infamous

Goose

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure how much of a celebrity he was, but I'm posting more for how he died. David Olney, musician, died on stage with minimum fuss

Olney was in the middle of his third song when he stopped, apologized, and shut his eyes. He was very still, sitting upright with his guitar on, wearing the coolest hat and a beautiful rust suede jacket we laughed about because it was raining like hell outside the boathouse where we were playing- I just want the picture to be as graceful and dignified as it was, because it at first looked like he was just taking a moment.

Just saw Derek Acorah had died recently after reading the sad news about the death of the awesome and very famous Terry Jones.

He questionably channeled such spooks as Michael Jackson's ghost and this guy below-

Fucking hell.

3 hours ago, Hexx said:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/jan/28/nicholas-parsons-host-of-just-a-minute-dies-aged-96

Not sure how famous he qualifies as - but Nicholas Parsons has died :(

I know he hosted Just a Minute for, like, forever, but to me he'll always be the host of Sale of the Century and remind me of watching the show on the big telly at my grandparent's house in the 70s.

"And now, from Norwich, it's the quiz of the week!"

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/07/2019 at 18:39, makkuwata said:

Emily Hartridge, youtuber, car crash.

Couldn’t have told you her name before seeing the article, but she always seemed to be trending and the face was instantly recognisable. Oddly taken aback by that. :(

Belated response to this post, but at the weekend I was talking to some friends about Youtube stars, and I relayed the story of how I once spotted Emily Hartridge at a gig we were playing. I had been inexplicably getting her videos in my feed, as you often do, but I'd watched a couple and liked them well enough. Anyway I said hello to her and chatted for about 3 or 4 minutes. We were playing downstairs at a venue called 'The Comedy' and she quipped that hopefully my band weren't providing the comedy. Anyway I apologised for bothering her, said I liked her channel, and left to do my soundcheck. She seemed nice.

So yeah - looked her up on Youtube to show the people I was telling the story to who I meant and there was the news story in her feed - dead! Weirdly shocked by it, considering I met her once, very briefly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Goose changed the title to The Celebrity Death Thread - Minor, Major, Famous, Infamous