The 'Not So Famous Celebrity' Death Thread :(

Goose

7 hours ago, idiwa said:

Loved him at the start of The Big Bus walking into the radioactive chamber to sort out the dropped nuclear material :P

The Big Bus hell yes I haven’t thought about that film in years.  Might have to see if it is available to watch anywhere.

RIP Ned.

• 1 month later...
On 27/07/2021 at 16:34, Festoon said:

Being a former Aussie soap celeb seems to be pretty shit, tbh.

It's pretty tough if you still live here. Famous enough to find it difficult to be taken seriously in non acting jobs. Not famous enough to be independently wealthy.

1 hour ago, Unofficial Who said:

It's pretty tough if you still live here. Famous enough to find it difficult to be taken seriously in non acting jobs. Not famous enough to be independently wealthy.

Yep. My wife worked with Kristian Schmid in Grace Bros on Pitt Street while she was a student and he was in a post-Neighbours dry spell. He was alright about it but I can't imagine how often he had to put up customers recognising him.

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly not known to many of you youngsters here, but Markie Post has died aged 70 after a battle with cancer :( I had quite the crush on her back when I was a young fella

markie post.jpg

Was about to post that - I never liked Worzel Gummidge (just too feckin' creepy) but her performance as Mrs Hudson in Sherlock was absolutely brilliant.  (And occasionally hilarious.)

Sherlock Holmes: [on the phone] Lestrade? We've had a break-in at Baker Street. Send your least irritating officers and an ambulance. Oh, no, no, no, no, we're fine. No, it's the, uh, it's the burglar, he's got himself rather badly injured.

[Neilson, bound and gagged, but otherwise unharmed, looks up in confusion]

Sherlock Holmes: Oh, a few broken ribs, fractured skull, suspected punctured lung.

[pause]

Sherlock Holmes: He fell out of a window.

[cut to the first floor of Baker Street, where John is tending Mrs. Hudson's wounds]

Mrs. Hudson: Oh! It stings...

[a body falls past the window, landing with a crash]

Mrs. Hudson: Oh, that was right on my bins.

I meant to mention this a few weeks ago but procrastinated over where to place it. J.W. Rinzler, Lucasflim historian and author of some of the very best, most comprehensive, movie 'Making of' books passed away a few weeks ago, aged 58.

I don't read many making of movies books but his Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Alien(s) books are brilliant and essential for anyone with even a passing interest in any of those films. 

• 2 weeks later...