rllmuk
Goose

The 'Not So Famous Celebrity' Death Thread :(

Posted this in the Brass Eye thread too:

Musician Jonathan Whitehead died of a heart attack last month. He did the music for Brass Eye, The Day Today, Nathan Barley, and The Day Shall Come; as well as Green Wing, Black Books, Smack the Pony, and some of Jeremy and Super Hans's music in Peep Show ("This is outrageous!").

Chris Morris talked about him on Radio 4's Last Word, and wrote his obituary in The Guardian:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08gsh19

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/jun/23/jonathan-whitehead-obituary

Cook'd and Bomb'd thread: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,80777.0.html

He'd recently been livestreaming some improvised recordings:

34 minutes ago, Nick R said:

Posted this in the Brass Eye thread too:

Musician Jonathan Whitehead died of a heart attack last month. He did the music for Brass Eye, The Day Today, Nathan Barley, and The Day Shall Come; as well as Green Wing, Black Books, Smack the Pony, and some of Jeremy and Super Hans's music in Peep Show ("This is outrageous!").

Chris Morris talked about him on Radio 4's Last Word, and wrote his obituary in The Guardian:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08gsh19

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/jun/23/jonathan-whitehead-obituary

Cook'd and Bomb'd thread: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,80777.0.html

He'd recently been livestreaming some improvised recordings:

That’s so sad.. he didn’t seem that old and is th mean behind the music of some of my favourite shows.

Don't know if there's any Glee fans on here but the actress who played Santana, Naya Rivera, is missing and probably dead. I really liked Glee and she was one of the funniest people in it. 

• Empathy 1

9 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

Isn't she like 30 years old? Yikes.

Missing from a boat on a lake, so probably drowned. Even worse, her 4-year old son was with her and he was found alone on the boat. Poor kid. Awful tragedy.

• Empathy 2

Actress Kelly Preston has passed away  after losing her battle with breast cancer. Only 57. 

• Empathy 2

On 09/07/2020 at 10:28, Silent Runner said:

Don't know if there's any Glee fans on here but the actress who played Santana, Naya Rivera, is missing and probably dead. I really liked Glee and she was one of the funniest people in it. 

They just found a body and are in the process of recovering it but it's more than likely her. 

• Empathy 2

On 13/07/2020 at 08:47, Goose said:

Actress Kelly Preston has passed away  after losing her battle with breast cancer. Only 57. 

Nobody has mentioned it, but I do wonder if, being a scientologist meant she refused treatment.

13 minutes ago, kerraig UK said:

Nobody has mentioned it, but I do wonder if, being a scientologist meant she refused treatment.

She was having some kind of treatment, the family representative statement said, 'She had been undergoing medical treatment for some time, supported by her closest family and friends'

But what they entailed is anyone's guess. Just looked up their site and it says they do not use prescribed medical drugs when physically ill. But then found this:

“Scientologists seek conventional medical treatment for medical conditions,” the church said in their statement. “Scientologists use prescription drugs when physically ill and also rely on the advice and treatment of medical doctors. The Church does not involve itself in the diagnosis or classification of any medical condition.”

However, actress Leah Remini, a former Scientologist, has cast doubt on those claims. She’s stated that Scientology leaders will prevent followers from seeking professional medical help and instead focus on their own technology and prayer to try to “cure” illnesses.

Even more confused.

9 minutes ago, grounded_dreams said:

She was having some kind of treatment, the family representative statement said, 'She had been undergoing medical treatment for some time, supported by her closest family and friends'

But what they entailed is anyone's guess. Just looked up their site and it says they do not use prescribed medical drugs when physically ill. But then found this:

“Scientologists seek conventional medical treatment for medical conditions,” the church said in their statement. “Scientologists use prescription drugs when physically ill and also rely on the advice and treatment of medical doctors. The Church does not involve itself in the diagnosis or classification of any medical condition.”

However, actress Leah Remini, a former Scientologist, has cast doubt on those claims. She’s stated that Scientology leaders will prevent followers from seeking professional medical help and instead focus on their own technology and prayer to try to “cure” illnesses.

Even more confused.

I don’t think they have been involved with Scientology since Jett died. I remember before they never spoke on his challenges but after he died John had an interview where he did. 

Kelly was getting treatment at a cancer centre in Houston before she passed. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Wickedkitten said:

I don’t think they have been involved with Scientology since Jett died. I remember before they never spoke on his challenges but after he died John had an interview where he did. 

Ah I see, apologies for not looking into it further in regards to her treatment.

Sad news about Grant Imahara, I enjoyed watching him on Mythbusters.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wickedkitten said:

I wasn't aware they'd left the church. Really sad family history. Especially considering how lovely they apparently were. 

1 hour ago, Thwomp said:

Sad news about Grant Imahara, I enjoyed watching him on Mythbusters.

Just seen the news on Twitter. How incredibly sad.....49 is no age at all.

• Empathy 1

On 26/07/2020 at 07:32, Goose said:

How weird. Watched nightmare on elm street last night for first time in probably 25 years.. wondered what he was up to.  RIP.

I hadn’t realised that he was only 49/50 when he starred in Cocoon.  Really confused me when the report said he has died at 85, I was expecting him to be at least 100. 

5 hours ago, Goose said:

Wilford Brimley has died :( Great guy and in a ton of stuff 

top_pic_wilford_brimley.jpg

Loved his performance in The Firm.