IGNORED

Taskmaster

Papaya Dance

23 hours ago, MarkN said:

Sophie Duker is a regular on Frankie Boyle's New World Order, which I think is my favourite bit of TV right now (almost entirely because Frankie has hit the spot he always needed to be in - he's just so very good here - the monologues at the end are often sublime). But I fancy her something rotten so am a lousy judge, but she's got lots of sass.. Chris Ramsey I know mainly from a sit-com called Hebburn. It was OK. I think he'll be fun. Bridget Christie - I'm aware of her for being daft. I couldn't name a thing she's done, unless I've caught her on Live At The Apollo at some point, but she sounds like a good one. Judi Love is the only one I have nothing for. Ardal should fit the grumpy old man slot well.

Love Ardal. Ambivalent towards Dukar -she's sassy and funny at times but incredibly one note imo. 

Not much idea of the others but am allergic to Judi Love. Everything about her delivery sets my teeth on edge. Can see this being the first series I skip if she's as she is in everything else. The entire 'right, I'm not being funny right. But...' stuff just. Ugh.  

Sad that the new years one has some fabulous people who'll only get one ep to shine. Can Warsi and Winkleman being an utter joy. 

5 hours ago, spork said:

I was expecting champion of champions over Christmas. 

It’s already been filmed - the winner was 

Spoiler

Richard Herring

No idea why they’re not showing it yet though.

11 hours ago, c-cat114 said:

Love Ardal. Ambivalent towards Dukar -she's sassy and funny at times but incredibly one note imo. 

Not much idea of the others but am allergic to Judi Love. Everything about her delivery sets my teeth on edge. Can see this being the first series I skip if she's as she is in everything else. The entire 'right, I'm not being funny right. But...' stuff just. Ugh.  

Sad that the new years one has some fabulous people who'll only get one ep to shine. Can Warsi and Winkleman being an utter joy. 

Probably down to individual schedules as to why they are only doing the one episode.  Can’t see someone like Winkleman having the time to commit to a full series.  

• 4 weeks later...

Adrian Chiles was great in particular, I'd be happy for him to have been on a regular series. Having a non-comedian on for a full run can backfire though, look at David Baddiel.

21 hours ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Bit late to the party for the most recent UK season, started off slow but really enjoyed the last few episodes.

I do however think I am in love with Morgana Robinson though.

Have you seen House Of Fools? She is fantastic in it.

Just found this searching for it, and now I'm in stitches. It's so fucking daft:

https://vimeo.com/92948269

I really enjoyed the NY special, as with last year's. The whole 'comedian / non-comedian' invisible divide is daft - how the hell Katherine Parkinson is considered the former but the likes of Rylan and Nicola Coughlan aren't is just ridiculous, given a whole series the latter two might have been all time great contestants.

18 minutes ago, MarkN said:

Have you seen House Of Fools? She is fantastic in it.

Just found this searching for it, and now I'm in stitches. It's so fucking daft:

https://vimeo.com/92948269

Yes I’ve seen that show, absolute lunacy… Erik was my standout favourite, so funny.

might hunt it down and watch it again if it’s on any streaming service or YT.

Is there anywhere particularly good to stream/obtain Taskmaster NZ? Especially season 1, which I couldn't immediately find.

Also, I don't suppose there's a Bleeped variant of that too, is there? If it's anything like the regular UK version then it's going to be a bit sweary for sharing with our daughter! (We nearly gave the non-bleeped UK special from last NY a go, because she loves Rylan, but glad I grabbed some subtitles for it and checked those first - not very suitable, it turns out!)