IGNORED

Taskmaster

Papaya Dance

Nah I still like Lou, she's like a mash-up of Levine, Phillips and Godliman. Was t really fussed by Joe Thomas until his rant in the finale, you could see how much of a release it was.

4 hours ago, wev said:

Nah I still like Lou, she's like a mash-up of Levine, Phillips and Godliman. Was t really fussed by Joe Thomas until his rant in the finale, you could see how much of a release it was.

spacer.png

(Actually Sally Phillips was decent. Leave her out of this!)

19 hours ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

Don't really think much of the next lineup. Baddiel will probably be another Mark Watson, I can't see Brand setting the show alight and I've no idea about the others.

Katy Wix has the potential to be brilliant on this. I'm expecting almost Joe Wilkinson levels of stuff. A much better line-up, woot!

Excited by the new line up. I actually know who all but one of them are! The reverse has been true for the last couple of series. Not necessarily a bad thing, just made them harder to get excited about. 

I think this series is definitely in the bottom third of them all so far, but was a lot better than I expected based on the line up and first couple of episodes. I agree Lou went from the only one with a comedy spark to her whole joke being to approach things with the mindset of an unruly toddler, which wore thin. It really lacked a think outside the box contestant along the Tim Key lines. Hopefully the next champion of champions will bring all ten back and have a semi finals/final format, mixing them up a bit. Otherwise it's going to be very shit.

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed episode 1, for sure. I hope they've got a better selection of tasks this series - I'd felt they were sort of scraping the barrel last time. Too many of the tasks were just moving small things a distance with inappropriate tools. Last night's felt more on form.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

Well last night's was awful. Made worse by the return of Godliman. 

Baddiel really is just the new Mark Watson.

I like this line up but that was a weird episode because of Godliman. I wonder how much she was paid to sit in the chair then pile up some bricks at the end.

My wife and I are just annoyed with Jo Brand. It's not really her fault - her whole brand (lol) is not giving a fuck - but, given the premise of the show is to care about doing pointless stuff, having a competitor that doesn't care drags it down.

11 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

My wife and I are just annoyed with Jo Brand. It's not really her fault - her whole brand (lol) is not giving a fuck - but, given the premise of the show is to care about doing pointless stuff, having a competitor that doesn't care drags it down.

I know what you mean but amazingly she won the episode. 

I'm not a fan of Jo Brand for exactly the same reason but it's been quite funny in this, especially when Ed Gamble cares so much about it. Though her perfect foil would have been James Acaster

• 3 weeks later...