• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Stigweard said:

You mean the ones that have already been on/host the show :huh:

That's fair

On 07/11/2019 at 21:18, wev said:

Oh god I hope not, it'll be full of Jimmy Carr

That better?

• 4 months later...

A few pics for the thread. Walk past the Taskmaster house to get to the gym; gates are usually shut, but the other week, before Covid kicked off, they were very much open.

Also went for a longer walk along the river, near Barnes Bridge. No sign of Little Alex Horne though.

57C9EA2B-7B45-4013-8123-967F85F2AE49.jpeg

05F17136-716E-471B-A05E-0E80B68AC9B0.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 13/09/2018 at 13:23, rgraves said:

Nothing will beat potato hole-in-one-gate. That was GOLD.

Seems you were right! As voted for by fans on the taskmaster twitter account.  I'm happy for potato hole in one to win but there were some bizarre choices in there. Bob's mask and Vine's hook going out in the first round is criminal.

IMG_20200729_132556.jpg

On 29/07/2020 at 19:42, chris on the moon said:

They're letting Richard Herring on! At this rate he's going to run out of things to complain about not being allowed on.

He'll be fine. He's got the aphantasia thing to moan about in every bloody interview now. Should keep him busy for the foreseeable.

• 1 month later...

Started watching this recently for the first time in preparation for the new season. Whoever said that season 6 was poor wasn't wrong. It's such a massive drop in quality, but luckily it was back on form after that dip. Guest choice on panel shows like this is obviously critical but most rotate them every episode, so when they are on for a whole season like this it can throw the whole thing off for a long time.

I was watching it with my wife who is not from the UK, so has no context of who any of the people are - so she's judging them purely on their performance on the show. What we disliked most about season 6 was Alice Levine who must be the most boring, unfunny, and uninspired person they have had on.

I'm surprised anyone would have season 6 as a low point. "The tall motherfucker with the ivory hair" is still one of the highlights of the entire run.

Alice Levine isn't a natural comedian but didn't stand out as being particularly bad. The group as a whole worked well.

Joe Thomas let series 8 down with his gormless and constant "Tim nice but dim" act but again, the others made up for it.

The only series that I'd put on the don't bother list is series 4. I know others love it but I can't stand Noel Fielding which probably doesn't help.

As for a favourite, 5 has to be up there for Bob Mortimer's edible face and Nish & Mark's song, series 2 for everyone trying to impress a town's mayor and series 9 for Rose Matafeo's TM theme song lyrics.