Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Mr Do 71

Looking for flower seeds if any kind soul could send me some as I can't visit folks islands to shop for the next few days (Nook islands only giving me roses or wildflowers). I'm after pansy, mums (spelling?), and whatever those tall flowers are, just after 5 or 10 seeds and will pay for them plus postage costs of course!

Will be opening up tonight for you fellow night owls, bring your fossil dupes and swap/donate to the fossil exchange!

Sorry I may have missed the answer, but what does everyone do with regards to tree positions? Got mine in shit places and want to try and move them away from near the beach. Can they be re-planted? Fruit trees I can just plant more fruit elsewhere, but standard trees Aren't needed I suppose. 

14 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

People really seem to be trying to rush through this. Of course you can play however you want, but for me AC has always been about its slow paced discoveries. Giving small rewards on a daily or weekly basis. 

I shall never forget my first coelacanth in WW after 5 months of play.

What you're seeing is a lot of experience condensed into a tiny space, ie this thread. By it's very nature Animal Crossing can't be rushed unless you cheat.

Also, people have a LOT of time on their hands at the moment.

Which reminds me, I have a tree problem too. I have an orchard and each tree has a gap of 2 spaces either side. But for some reason there is one sapling which despite being planted in the same pattern as all the rest isn't growing. There aren't any objects around it and its neighbours grew fine (they were planted at the same time). Any ideas?

16 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Which reminds me, I have a tree problem too. I have an orchard and each tree has a gap of 2 spaces either side. But for some reason there is one sapling which despite being planted in the same pattern as all the rest isn't growing. There aren't any objects around it and its neighbours grew fine (they were planted at the same time). Any ideas?

Can only think it might be a coconut tree that needs sand?

1 hour ago, Mike S said:

I'm keeping my turnip buying sensible as I don't really want millions in the bank for fear that I lose motivation to potter about.

That said, it's early days and I can see myself getting a bit tired of selling a dozen fish for 3-4,000 total. Especially now that I've taken on a mortgage for a second room...

It never stopped me playing New Leaf after nearly 7 years, and 143 million bells in the bank. I did eventually stop buying loads of turnips though, although it was great when I'd make a massive profit though.

32 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Might need an alarm then :lol:

Don’t forget the clocks go forward tonight too.

Only got 160K for neeps this week, but that’s cool. Just looking to double my money to pay off the next Nook instalment.

9 hours ago, NexivRed said:

What is the turnip thing?

Buy turnips on a Sunday morning from a visiting pig and you have until the following Saturday to sell them to the twins. They offer two different prices per day and you can sell on other people’s islands.

For example, last week I bought turnips for 97 bells each and sold them for 460 each during the week.

Frig. I knew I'd forget to sell the 50k worth of turnips. 

In fact, on reflection, I'm placing the blame squarely with @Mr Do 71. "Hang on a bit longer!" he said. "Not just yet!" he said. "I've seen 600 bells!" he said. 

Well guess what. I'm feeling like Nick Leeson and this Zen Bridge sinkhole is going to suck Nook Residence Services in like the chasmic gape of Barings Bank.

AAAARRRGGGHHH.

Still, I got a nice sweater vest off Mabel.