rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

14 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Have to say, the shop opening times is shite. It’s not going to work with my insomnia style play. 

Yeah. When you first started and they were trading out of Nook’s tent, open 24/7, I was pleased they’d lifted the restriction, but then the proper shop opened :(

• Upvote 1

Should I have unlocked the ability to craft and design ground tiles/textures yet? I've just built the campsite.

Just now, Rob Rule said:

Encroaching grass fronds drawn over with the transparency tool is a good way to give your tiles a sense of being 'in' the world, too. Like this.

ezkd5dh7mgp41.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Ugh... now I need to do something like that...

There was a thing in New Leaf where after a certain amount of time, I think you had to have a full town rating ore something you got to choose a “Perk” for your town, one was that you didn’t need to water plants, they would always stay watered and one was a “Night Owl” Perk that kept the shop open until 1am, maybe this will have something similar

• Upvote 2

I’m open before the shop closes in case anybody wants the below. Dodo code:4748M

Excuse all the wood everywhere, in the middle of chopping trees and bashing rocks

206226A1-06D9-4539-9BFE-B013D0E2F7EF.jpeg

• Upvote 1

It doesn't look like bushes are in. You can craft leaf piles, but no bushes? 

Surprised they were removed as apparently they were in New Leaf. It's rubbish not having a natural flora option that sits at a size between tree and flower in terms of designing a world.

I mean, look at this. :(

latest?cb=20130801232831

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Laminated Tramp said:

I’m open before the shop closes in case anybody wants the below. Dodo code:4748M

Excuse all the wood everywhere, in the middle of chopping trees and bashing rocks

206226A1-06D9-4539-9BFE-B013D0E2F7EF.jpeg

En route to get that coffee machine!

7 minutes ago, Loz Boz said:

Spork’s ocarina was the highlight of my evening

Until some fool turned on his noisy generator to drown it out :mad:

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Rob Rule said:

Encroaching grass fronds drawn over with the transparency tool is a good way to give your tiles a sense of being 'in' the world, too. Like this.

ezkd5dh7mgp41.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

It's wiser to draw it complete (grassless) first then cut into the finished picture, as opposed to draw the ground object with the grass in from the start. 

Is this just the standard custom editor? Can’t see transparency...

1 minute ago, grindmouse said:

Is this just the standard custom editor? Can’t see transparency...

The colour on the far right of every pallet. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, spanx said:

Tomorrow I do paving v2. @Rob Rule, you are an inspiration :)

That's not mine, I spend 7+ hours some days drawing nature for videogames, if I did it in AC I'd go mad. 

@grindmouse, I mean the alpha channel they've cut into the image with. You'd use the eraser to achieve it.

But I gather there might be full image transparency too, judging from a post above? Not sure on that one. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, spork said:

Until some fool turned on his noisy generator to drown it out :mad:

Please understand.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, bradigor said:

I am ready to buy turnips tomorrow! Managed to pay off a loan and still have nearly 300k left over. 

I'm keeping my turnip buying sensible as I don't really want millions in the bank for fear that I lose motivation to potter about.

That said, it's early days and I can see myself getting a bit tired of selling a dozen fish for 3-4,000 total. Especially now that I've taken on a mortgage for a second room...

Just now, Rob Rule said:

I spend 7+ hours some days drawing nature for videogames

You do??

Just now, Mike S said:

I'm keeping my turnip buying sensible as I don't really want millions in the bank for fear that I lose motivation to potter about.

That said, it's early days and I can see myself getting a bit tired of selling a dozen fish for 3-4,000 total. Especially now that I've taken on a mortgage for a second room...

To be honest, this is more to get my home expansions to complete a project I am working on. It may work, it may not work. 

Also found out there are so many sub things I am missing, with flowers, etc. 

Is it a good idea to clear out a bunch of trees? I have put a load of fruit trees in poor positions and have a lot on the main part of the island seemingly wasting space. 

• Upvote 1

This game is trolling me hard right now. Under a minute! Must get back to the shop!

• Empathy 2

Thought I'd come back in here and proudly declare I'd finally got my ladder! Then I saw pictures of some of your islands...:blink:

• Upvote 3

Nooooo @Laminated Tramp. I bought the espresso machine but then got booted back to my island a few minutes later and it's no longer in my inventory!

Your hedgehog woman was selling some sweet PJs, too.

• Empathy 2

That was outrageous/hilarious. I run to @Laminated Tramp's place (with the rest of the forum) with 3 minutes to spare before the shop closes, so I don't check my wallet. Not enough bells! I run out of the shop, shout 'Money!' at everyone, Tramp drops some after working out how to do it, 1 minute to go...and then 'someone quietly leaves' (times out). When that happens, Nintendo make sure the session resets to avoid item scamming, so you get all your original inventory back. Which means he has the bells back, and we've warped to the airport. Cue another run, then a drop when I try and explain with that goddamn touch screen - 20 seconds left, he drops again, I pick up, the shop light goes out. 

:blink2:

Edit: just discovered @NexivReddropped the second lot of 10k bells, and I think you picked them up not realising backpacks reset, @Laminated Tramp. :lol: 

@Jamie John, you have time out crimes to answer for. 

• Empathy 3

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

I am ready to buy turnips tomorrow! Managed to pay off a loan and still have nearly 300k left over. 

I've given up trying to catch a Stringfish, I'll try again in November when it'll be raining all day and they should be easier to catch.

• Upvote 4