rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

2 hours ago, jonamok said:

So, did we know before now that Daisy Mae is Joan’s granddaughter? Lots of speculation was she was her daughter. Good to know the old sow is still running the market behind the scenes though.

Yeah, they told us a while back.

Open to friends if anyone's bored - Jamie on Dewey Dell. Landline phone and toolbox at NC. Turnip warthog is still around, selling at 104.

48 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

I couldn't get my Amiibo to work at the photo studio.

You need to go to top down room edit mode and then try.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Open to friends if anyone's bored - Jamie on Dewey Dell. Landline phone and toolbox at NC. Turnip warthog is still around, selling at 104.

Oh nice, can I come and try and buy some turnips? Also, are you in a different timezone or does Daisy Mae stay later than noon these days?

5 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

Oh nice, can I come and try and buy some turnips? Also, are you in a different timezone or does Daisy Mae stay later than noon these days?

Welcome to come over but turnip pig has typically disappeared, or it looks like it anyway. I'm in BST timezone. She was definitely here a moment ago because I spoke to her and she offered me nips again.

2 hours ago, Delargey said:

@bradigor I've got a tire if you want?

Already have a couple, but thanks :)

1 minute ago, ann coulter said:

@Jamie John No worries. If she turns up again gimme a shout!

She's gone - when people fly in the island's state updates.

I should be able to buy some later from a friend in Los Angeles - can't guarantee a good price, of course. Let me know.

1 minute ago, Lyrical Donut said:

She's gone - when people fly in the island's state updates.

I should be able to buy some later from a friend in Los Angeles - can't guarantee a good price, of course. Let me know.

That ok but thanks all the same. I'll just use the bells left over to pay off my second mortgage I think.

• Upvote 1

It’s been so long since I’ve played New Leaf that I’ve forgotten many things, such as the turnips being around only until midday. I still have 250,000 bells in my pockets. Any Americans who can save the day can have a 10% cut of 25,000 bells when those precious turnips are in my pockets.

river?version=4122619&width=1340

• Upvote 1

Who was I just playing tag with? That was great fun. Made me bloody jump a couple of times :lol:

9 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

It’s been so long since I’ve played New Leaf that I’ve forgotten many things, such as the turnips being around only until midday. I still have 250,000 bells in my pockets. Any Americans who can save the day can have a 10% cut of 25,000 bells when those precious turnips are in my pockets.

river?version=4122619&width=1340

I've got to pop to my friend to drop off some stuff for them anyway - so I'm happy to help if no-one here in the US can. Same applies to anyone else who missed out this morning.

I'll let you know the price first!

@Lyrical Donut

Just managed to find a supplier for 90 bells each. Thanks anyway.

Forgetting about them wasn’t such a bad move after all!

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Who was I just playing tag with? That was great fun. Made me bloody jump a couple of times :lol:

Me :)

• Upvote 2

Added myself to the google sheet. 

I haven't been on loads, so still only early on with basic stuff.  

My friends code is SW-0518-6705-0797

I didn't buy any turnips this week.

I think I'm happy to slow down and play at a more mellow pace, building and buying as often as I can afford, so will limit turnips to maybe every two weeks and even then cap purchases at a sensible level. I've already got an island scattered with junk that I'm stockpiling for when my house is improved.

@bradigor I have a sweater with holes in if you want it? It's a sort of beige colour IIRC.

Just dug up half my island measuring spaces out for the 3 new homes.

Now I have to build all this stuff! It’s going to take me ages to do this.

3 minutes ago, Fuddle said:

Just dug up half my island measuring spaces out for the 3 new homes.

Now I have to build all this stuff! It’s going to take me ages to do this.

You do know there is a preview option before you actually commit to building anything?

On 28/03/2020 at 12:20, bradigor said:

Yeah, that'd be boss thanks. Will try and get on later properly, or tomorrow. :)

Are you about today? Any you @sir stiff_one and @gingerling for you kitchen stuff?

13 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I didn't buy any turnips this week.

I think I'm happy to slow down and play at a more mellow pace, building and buying as often as I can afford, so will limit turnips to maybe every two weeks and even then cap purchases at a sensible level. I've already got an island scattered with junk that I'm stockpiling for when my house is improved.

@bradigor I have a sweater with holes in if you want it? It's a sort of beige colour IIRC.

No it's fine thanks :) I like my apron. 

• Upvote 1

Apologies if this has been asked/answered before but are gold nuggets unduly rare? I seem to have a thought they are but at the same time have found three...

4 minutes ago, Stejay said:

You do know there is a preview option before you actually commit to building anything?

Yes, but it doesn’t help making sure everything is spaced out and lined up with stuff you can’t see. 

3 minutes ago, Fuddle said:

Yes, but it doesn’t help making sure everything is spaced out and lined up with stuff you can’t see. 

Fair enough, as long as you know. Saves thousands of bells later too. I’m massively regretting much of my placement right now.

Goddam stringfish. Think I've used 100 bate now and not had one. 

Though have got a golden trout and bluegill for my efforts. 

3 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Goddam stringfish. Think I've used 100 bate now and not had one. 

Though have got a golden trout and bluegill for my efforts. 

My favourite fish so far has been the anchovy as they look lovely in the museum/aquarium... 

I've had a couple of golden trout now. They sell for a LOT of bells. 

• Upvote 1