rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

4 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Have I been to your island? I pick up the beach shells when I visit. 

I think you have, and that's fine. But these ones I set up today are sacred.

EUTgK-UU0AAs5xC?format=jpg&name=large

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

3 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Nook tells you in his daily conference.

Aah, right. 

The morning PA address?

Put my switch on charge when I landed from Donut’s island earlier, I’ve just come out of the airport and Celeste is here along with my own meteor shower.

• Upvote 1

Had a go at making a brick path in the designer. It's not perfect but pleased with it for a first attempt:

Has it been confirmed yet whether you eventually unlock proper paths?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Yeah, that sucks, it's obvious (at least to me) that these are not 'fill your boots' items and are decoration. Some people eh? Does anyone know if you get a negative score for your island if you have stuff thats been dropped rather than placed? I have the feeling the above would still be counted against your island beauty score.

15 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

That path is lovely.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Weavus said:

Yeah, that sucks, it's obvious (at least to me) that these are not 'fill your boots' items and are decoration. Some people eh? 

I got it replaced soon enough, and it's given me an idea for some signage - so all is not lost! :lol:

5 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

Seriously, how do you design paths? My designs can only go on clothes.

You can place them on the floor when you're out and about, too.

Also, for those who aren't aware - you need to set up Nook Link on the Switch Online mobile app (press - at the title screen in-game to do so). You can import all the old 3DS designs into the in-game design phone app.

I got my paths from here - https://acnlpaths.tumblr.com/

As someone here has stated, we'll probably get some paths when we unlock all the terraforming stuff. I haven't bothered too much with the rest of my island yet until I see what that entails.

• Upvote 3

Meteor showers at mine plus the shop's still open until 11pm because I never closed the session (sleep mode doesn't seem to affect the time updating). 

Dodo code DY68L 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Also, for those who aren't aware - you need to set up Nook Link on the Switch Online mobile app (press - at the title screen in-game to do so). You can import all the old 3DS designs into the in-game design phone app.

Can you only get Switch Online app on mobile phones? Cant seem to get it on my Google tablet, don't suppose there is an app version on Pc either? 

1 hour ago, NexivRed said:

The daylight savings time issue actually works out pretty good doesn’t it? Shops open at 6am now and close at 9pm for us?

It’s only an issue if you never close and reopen the software which you need to do to sync with the Switch time.

I visited the monarch butterfly island this evening which is beautiful and rewarding but forgot to unload my inventory beforehand so had to leave a load of stuff there. Nothing significant but was a bit annoying. Made about 140k bells and took some hybrid flowers home too.

Add me to the people who have caught a stringfish at the river source on the top tier. It’s only the fully enclosed ponds that don’t count but it’s easy to tell by the type of fish you are catching.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Meteor showers at mine plus the shop's still open until 11pm because I never closed the session (sleep mode doesn't seem to affect the time updating). 

Dodo code DY68L 

Coming in, just cos I’ve never used a dodo code and want to try it! 

19 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

As someone here has stated, we'll probably get some paths when we unlock all the terraforming stuff. I haven't bothered too much with the rest of my island yet until I see what that entails.

Awesome, I had some great paths on New Leaf, just need to get the QR codes for them now I guess

Just typing this as I spam A on my Switch to craft a load more bait for some more late night stringfish hunting 

• Empathy 1

11 minutes ago, sir stiff_one said:

Ah, @Stejay the dodo code wouldn’t work for me sadly 

Doh! Put my Switch to sleep without realising. Sorry. Tomorrow?

I now have some of all the fruit!  Planted them ready! 
Thanks @Alan Stock, your island looks boss! 

29 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Dodo code DY68L 

Thanks dude, awesome to get some more star fragments

took a few group pics, think this is the one that came out best, apologies for the please close banner

EUT1rUWU4AIRBI5.thumb.jpeg.506498c1c0f9c5c0594e7692a4b3330d.jpeg

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Thanks dude, awesome to get some more star fragments

took a few group pics, think this is the one that came out best, apologies for the please close banner

EUT1rUWU4AIRBI5.thumb.jpeg.506498c1c0f9c5c0594e7692a4b3330d.jpeg

Sorry, my bad. Stupid controller ruining the photos. I got this one. Are you in it?

Spoiler

F925CC3A-AACA-486D-865D-EF23CB03850C.thumb.jpeg.df3778ba2fb1f687cc88f0b5b87c1825.jpeg

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Sorry, my bad. Stupid controller ruining the photos. I got this one. Are you in it?

Hide contents

F925CC3A-AACA-486D-865D-EF23CB03850C.thumb.jpeg.df3778ba2fb1f687cc88f0b5b87c1825.jpeg

Thats a good one, I'm on the right end in the dodo tee and nook cap

If your joy-cons have the dreaded drift then you can post them off to nintendo and they will fix them.  I send mine off about 6 weeks ago, it took them 1 week to return them fixed and is free of charge.  Can dig out the link if you want.

• Upvote 1

So as well as the meteor shower visit I finally managed to get a string fish tonight ^_^.  Only took 5 baits today, not like the 50 I tried yesterday.  This time I tried in the river just below the waterfall from the highest point so here:

EUT1QmpUUAAWR1Z.thumb.jpeg.786950af3e221b7a0c7468ea740948a3.jpegEUT1QmsUwAAQhVX.thumb.jpeg.0d4b2c10f9b77e5fb5b694a8fbfbf72a.jpeg

No luck with the Marlin but did catch  my first tarantula on my island and then about 30 mins later I got a nook ticket tarantula island!

EUUKXLcU0AEXGhQ.thumb.jpeg.02fc9bcc27eb46a86486d87b8ba45eae.jpeg

• Upvote 5