rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

13 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Thats a good one, I'm on the right end in the dodo tee and nook cap

If your joy-cons have the dreaded drift then you can post them off to nintendo and they will fix them.  I send mine off about 6 weeks ago, it took them 1 week to return them fixed and is free of charge.  Can dig out the link if you want.

Oh, thank you! I’d heard USA fixed theirs cos they got sued, and the UK weren’t really doing it. 

We’re ordering a controller anyway, so I’ll use that in the meantime whilst they’re sent away. I do like the fact your arms can be wherever you want when you play, not stuck in front of you. 

Also, reaches maximum storage capacity today!! :omg: why is that a thing??! I’ve been putting the shit I find during shop closing times in there. 
Think I’m going to have to drop stuff on the floor around the shop. The tarantulas are impressive :lol:

I took a chance and bought this as I need something to take my mind off things. (Managed to get it for £25 when using points!)

I have never played an AC game before, are there any tips for a beginner I need to know?

• Upvote 4

Hey guys, I’ve made a silly fortune teller in my town.  

add me to thine list:

4909-8537-0677

i just open my gate whenever I’m on, so come and play with my spinner wheel o’ fortune!

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

I took a chance and bought this as I need something to take my mind off things. (Managed to get it for £25 when using points!)

I have never played an AC game before, are there any tips for a beginner I need to know?

Ahh, you’ll love it. It’s pretty foolproof.

Keep things you’re not sure if you should sell and see if you can do something with them down the line. 

Talk to townsfolk at least once a day. 
You can move items and rotate them once you place them on the ground to get them in the perfect position. 
Listen for fish biting. Ignore the plips and strike on the plop. Always try and get your cast to land a bit of a way in front of their noses. 
Shake trees. Always whilst holding a net. 
Hit rocks multiple times, but with an axe instead of a shovel, to save accidentally digging holes around it (which then block spawns from the rock). 
Stuff reapawns and regrows. Harvest wood from trees every day etc. Fruit takes longer. 

Just have fun -_- there’s no real way of losing. If you’re a big collector of things, then you might want to look at an online guide to see when bugs and fish are around (cos they’re seasonal). Hence why people are going on about stringfish. 

• Upvote 1

Day 1 of Animal Crossing in my house. I didn't even get a look in, and that's my non-games-playing wife clocking 3 hours in one sitting after the kids went to bed.

Screenshot_20200330-042056.thumb.png.0251fd1d7fa95b96e90467c3841f92e5.png

• Upvote 1

I love seeing the early morning rush on my friends list of people getting up and heading straight for this game.

Had my first camper stay - I have invited him to live here. He seems a bit of a cocky nob, but he should liven things up a bit. Today’s main task is kitting out my beach fun fair.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Kieran said:

I love seeing the early morning rush on my friends list of people getting up and heading straight for this game.

Had my first camper stay - I have invited him to live here. He seems a bit of a cocky nob, but he should liven things up a bit. Today’s main task is kitting out my beach fun fair.

Yeah, it's actually insane to see how much activity this game has spiked. Pre AC, I was lucky to see a small handful of friends online before 9 in the morning, but these days (even on week days) I've seen at least 20 before 9 o'clock. I was used to see 12-15 Switch friends online in the evenings, now I've seen 37 with about 27-29 being the average number throughout the night (where usually everyone but one or two plays AC). Love it!

Oh stringfish, stringfish where do you reside? I fish all day and night (4pm-9am) yet still you fucking hide. 

2 more days left, and now work is gonna intrude on my main job.  Clam catching and making bait. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Has it been confirmed yet whether you eventually unlock proper paths?

Yeah, someone I visited a few days ago (who received the game early for reviewing purposes) had an app on his phone for putting down all sorts of paths. I don't know how or when we'll get it, but I guess paying off a couple more projects and getting more villagers in should do the trick. 

PS: My shop opens in 5 minutes and my gates are wide open!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rob Rule said:

How many of us playing between 5 and 6am? :lol:

Only a handful, but that was unheard of pre AC :lol: 

ACG gifted me a star wand...

I'm hearing there are going for 2m bells in the black market!

Shift or keep?

26 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Oh stringfish, stringfish where do you reside? I fish all day and night (4pm-9am) yet still you fucking hide. 

2 more days left, and now work is gonna intrude on my main job.  Clam catching and making bait. 

Are there any other fish or bugs that we need to catch in northern hemisphere before March end ? ACG is on southern hemisphere which is useful.

21 minutes ago, Rob Rule said:

How many of us playing between 5 and 6am? :lol:

I... I had to get up early to put the bins out.

I managed it. An hour later. :lol:

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, skittles said:

Are there any other fish or bugs that we need to catch in northern hemisphere before March end ? ACG is on southern hemisphere which is useful.

Sturgeon I believe. There was a post in this thread towards the end of last week. 

Cant recall the bugs

Just now, moosegrinder said:

I am fucking GORGEOUS :wub:

EUVm8kvU8AA_pbs.thumb.jpeg.52cf35239122ec6c1b0d86f85aaf3e26.jpeg

Aside: 2 days for the Able sisters to be built is clearly bullshit.

Re: Mabel Sisters - Annoying AF, I woke up all excited for my new store but alas.... 

Regarding your new outfit, you have to watch out wearing that if you visit me. I've got a new villager named Hans from Germany. He's a bit creepy, speaks fluently english but whenever he sucks on a lollipop he breaks out in a strong german accent. I'm really not too sure about that guy. 

• Upvote 1

Enter the maze at your own risk... I might actually try and hide him so he's peeking through the trees..

Mild spoilers for something that unlocks with nook miles.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200330-150650.thumb.png.19324b2021602a21ddcece5e2586dd07.png

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, skittles said:

Enter the maze at your own risk... I might actually try and hide him so he's peeking through the trees..

Mild spoilers for something that unlocks with nook miles.

Hide contents

Screenshot_20200330-150650.thumb.png.19324b2021602a21ddcece5e2586dd07.png

You're not open, though? 

Will there be an obvious day to sell them, or will there be various prices and it’s a game of risk?

Game of risk, personally if someone has a 400 or higher price then I would sell. They can go up into the low 600s occasionally

• Upvote 1

53 today apparently lol. 

I have the most bizarre mirror for sale today....

5D806A18-CAB5-462E-9E42-BFCE69E7BC13.thumb.jpeg.cbcba48374cdf4ec0785c4b883a2d711.jpeg

10 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

53 today apparently lol. 

I have the most bizarre mirror for sale today....

5D806A18-CAB5-462E-9E42-BFCE69E7BC13.thumb.jpeg.cbcba48374cdf4ec0785c4b883a2d711.jpeg

Gothic mirror. I need it in all the colours. Are your gates open? I don't think I've got you added yet.

Oh, and thank you to Jiggy and Matt for my notice board letters! I always forget to leave one :(