rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

1 minute ago, Uncle Mike said:

We made that error too. I can give you some iron if you'd like.

Really?! Thanks, that would be great! How do you send / receive items?

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Oh, my fully grown ones started to wilt. 

Yeah, that'll happen. It has been pissing down most days here so I haven't had to worry about it. There was an ordnance feature in the 3DS version that I'm sure will be available in NH when the time / progression unlock comes.

8 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Accept my friend request, and either open your gates, or come visit me.

I opened our gate ^_^

Just now, Isaac said:

I opened our gate ^_^

On my way. What's your native fruit?

2 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Peaches

My wife has played this constantly for the last 2 days and is getting really into it. I played the first one way back in the mists of time so don’t really know anything about it but it sounds like it’s better if you play with/visit others? What does she need to do to visit others or have others visit her? It’s been nice watching her be delighted at various things going on in the game. Less delightful is that I have now lost my Switch to her.

Her friend code is:

SW-1818-7903-2493

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Thanks again for the help!

Sorry for the slightly mute responses - still don't really know how to emote yet :lol:

14 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Anyone open for me to come and unload my juicy pears into their cranny? :eyebrows:

I can open up if you still want some.

3 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Thanks again for the help!

Sorry for the slightly mute responses - still don't really know how to emote yet :lol:

You might not be able to yet. Also, get the Switch Online app for easier typing.

It's Felicity's birthday today. She's been off her face all evening

EUYq3ABVAAA_SJX?format=jpg&name=large

Gave her an Emperor butterfly as a present, which she seemed over the moon with. That situation might change when she sobers up in the morning.

EUYtaORU4AAlZE2?format=jpg&name=large

• Upvote 2

I'm going to miss all these Emperor Butterflies once April rolls around. I catch and flog about £40k worth each day.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I can open up if you still want some.

Cheers but I think the shop is about to close. I'll keep them in storage for now. I'm tempted to hoard my fruit until the +50% animal comes by. Haven't met him/her/it yet.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

My wife has played this constantly for the last 2 days and is getting really into it. I played the first one way back in the mists of time so don’t really know anything about it but it sounds like it’s better if you play with/visit others? What does she need to do to visit others or have others visit her? It’s been nice watching her be delighted at various things going on in the game. Less delightful is that I have now lost my Switch to her.

Her friend code is:

SW-1818-7903-2493

Added (Jigsawn). We really need a tips/faq at the start of this thread.

Easiest is to have friends on Switch online. If people have their airport gates open you can visit them. To visit others, go to the airport and say you want to fly, then pick visit friends. If any friends have open gates you can visit them.

To get visitors to your island, go to airport and choose I want Visitors. Pick online and All Friends. Then her island will be available for others to visit in real time.

Best thing to do is anyone she gets on with, to add as a best friend via the nook phone friends app. Best friends can message each other any time in game and get notified when their island's are open. Best friends also get more visiting privileges like digging.

You can also do island hopping via the dodo codes but its mainly to get non friends in or to get 1 particular friend in. Wouldn't recommend it as a starting point.

Note that etiquette is not to pick up or dig folks flowers (without permission) or run through them (it breaks them). 

Edited by Alan Stock
  • Upvote 2

I made a trading FAQ in the OP of my trading thread, but I might turn it into a general one if people think it'll be useful.

2 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

You just need to press it once after the crafting animation starts, you don't need to keep mashing it

I know you don’t have to, but if you do, it goes at double speed. 

46 minutes ago, spork said:

Made a new flag :wub:

20200330_213907.thumb.jpg.86e2981f039ae734e5b2e906a283678b.jpg

I have the perfect design for a flag......

• Upvote 1

Anyone still open? There’s been a murder on my island and I’m too scared to hang about.... :unsure:

1 minute ago, NexivRed said:

I know you don’t have to, but if you do, it goes at double speed. 

I have the perfect design for a flag......

:hmm:

• Upvote 1

Ok so I've missed loads in this thread, I clearly need to check in more often.

I took two nook miles tickets tonight, the first one I caught fish I'd not come across before (sturgeon, koi, goldfish, football fish) the second was a beautiful oasis, just a lake surrounded by orange and pink flowers and an endless supply of emperor butterflies :wub:

Looking forward to my third new neighbour move in tomorrow! 

4 minutes ago, velma said:

Looking forward to my third new neighbour move in tomorrow! 

Blimey! You’ve caught me up! I obviously spend too much time faffing around with the art lol. 

My islands have all been the same. Boring mini versions of mine. Nothing special. 

@NexivRed I was hungover on the day that I got tasked with building the plots for the neighbours so I created the bridge plot + the house plots + all the furnishings as some kind of penance in one session. Also I don't know if it just coincidence but I've had three interesting islands so far (bamboo island, non native fruit and butterfly lake) and all have been in the evening/after dark. Also one of those had a rock with a money bag that gave me 99000 bells, I was very confused the following day when I actually checked it and saw my balance shoot up. 

I have discovered that my workaholic anxieties - always one more five minute job I should do before I take a break for food, just one more job that I can do today that'll make tomorrow easier - translate wonderfully from the day job to AC! 

• Upvote 2

Err what is all this flag business? Does it unlock later?

Also question. Once your neighbours move in, I take it its fine to pick up and move their outdoor furniture around elsewhere?

1 minute ago, Alan Stock said:

Err what is all this flag business? Does it unlock later?

Also question. Once your neighbours move in, I take it its fine to pick up and move their outdoor furniture around elsewhere?

Yes.

Yes.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Really pleased with my flag! Love this game so much.

received_207028040565489~2.jpeg

Burning egg island?