Animal Crossing: New Horizons

4 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Burning egg island?

Close! It's the Triratna Buddhism symbol 

cropped-triratna-1.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Burning egg island?

That particular flag belongs in my boyfriends arse..........

Am already starting to really like my new villager, Raymond

EUYwygxU4AEx1MK.thumb.jpeg.deca4e2d0c48bde23a3d806aff718b98.jpeg

Another good day in Nookington

EUYw7knUMAAO5oI.thumb.jpeg.f47e99b80bb02a772388a1b35d84c654.jpeg

• Upvote 3

A fantastic day's fishing today: netted a tuna this afternoon and then this evening I got a rainy island with my Nook ticket and caught a third sturgeon, a coelacanth, a koi, another coelacanth and, to top it off, an oarfish. Deeeeeee-cent ^_^

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Close! It's the Triratna Buddhism symbol 

cropped-triratna-1.jpg

Oh. Now I feel ignorant.

• Empathy 1

In other fishing news, you're gonna hate me but when I was visiting Mr. Dos island today I bagged my second Stringfish and second Sturgeon within a few minutes of each other! I just saw a big shadow when I was passing his top pond, threw in the line and suddenly I have a string fish after spending like 50 bait at my own island to get one! Then at his beach I used 3 bits of bait and on the third I got a Sturgeon, how lucky is that!

I do have a theory though, I wonder if wishing on all those stars last night raised the RNG? As we've said its unlikely due to multiplayer but still. Also gives credence to maybe chances being better in other folks islands for catching rare stuff?

Oh and P.S. whoever took the fossils from my fossil exchange, the idea is that you take one, you leave one. It's supposed to be a swap shop thing so people can rotate dupes and hopefully get one's they need in return.

• Empathy 2

2 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

In other fishing news, you're gonna hate me but when I was visiting Mr. Dos island today I bagged my second Stringfish and second Sturgeon within a few minutes of each other! I just saw a big shadow when I was passing his top pond, threw in the line and suddenly I have a string fish after spending like 50 bait at my own island to get one! Then at his beach I used 3 bits of bait and on the third I got a Sturgeon, how lucky is that!

I do have a theory though, I wonder if wishing on all those stars last night raised the RNG? As we've said its unlikely due to multiplayer but still. Also gives credence to maybe chances being better in other folks islands for catching rare stuff?

:hmm:

• Upvote 1

Robert, did you tamper with Colin’s braziers??! :hmm: @Rob Rule 

..because there’s now been a murder on my island. It can’t be coincidence...

12 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Oh and P.S. whoever took the fossils from my fossil exchange, the idea is that you take one, you leave one. It's supposed to be a swap shop thing so people can rotate dupes and hopefully get one's they need in return.

Between this and shell walkway-gate, it's clear we have some absolute savages in our midst.

• Upvote 3

Our island-building has been largely utilitarian until today. All getting facilities built, moving residents in, building a multi-crop orchard, bridges, inclines etc.

Now for all that slog, I find we're only getting a 1 star rating from our residents? Ungrateful shits. I should kick them all out. After all the mini islands I've practically razed to the ground for them? Their cherry radios, iron tables and such? Bastards.

On the plus side, they did make a lot of effort for my wife's birthday, so maybe some of them can stay.

We had CJ round today, who claims to overpay for fish. Didn't feel like a lot, to be honest. And I netted a third sturgeon on a Miles island, which was nice.

Work to do now though. 5 stars feels a way off.

• Upvote 1

Okay, so if you keep shaking a tree it’ll keep dropping branches. Till it maxes out the drop zone. 

By the way, I think one viable way of storing turnips might be to bury them. Please correct me if I'm wrong before I go and ruin my whole batch!

4 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

By the way, I think one viable way of storing turnips is to bury them. Please correct me if I'm wrong before I go and ruin my whole batch!

Put them in your house! Back in the day they used to have collision boxes, but not anymore. Burying them around your island means that best friends (or even regular-ass friends) can potentially help themselves....

You open, btw? :eyebrows:

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

I was also on your island last night wishing on the stars, and can confirm that I've caught a load of mackerel and nothing better. So - I think you had all my luck :)

Love how easy it is to move stuff around in your house, the flexible viewing when inside, and the amount you can hang on the wall!
Stuck my gym leggings and Jordan’s up there :wub:

3E9117F5-D4A6-4632-8825-6077DBCAEAB1.thumb.jpeg.2ba3b4336d541a992b8c160e07561fe3.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Total playtimes are now showing on our Switches. I was shocked to find I've somehow played for 40 hours already, then spotted some people on my friends list who've racked up well over 100 hours. Game is crack.

• Upvote 1

Fuuuck. '70 hours or more'. And I reckon another 40-50 from my town's other resident.

5 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Love how easy it is to move stuff around in your house, the flexible viewing when inside, and the amount you can hang on the wall!
Stuck my gym leggings and Jordan’s up there :wub:

3E9117F5-D4A6-4632-8825-6077DBCAEAB1.thumb.jpeg.2ba3b4336d541a992b8c160e07561fe3.jpeg

Never mind all of that.

CAR BED

• Upvote 2

I got a green sports car bed out of a tree on day one. The lights come on and the horn honks when you flop onto it. I will never replace it.

• Upvote 1