rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

I haven’t really been following things in close detail - if my friend and I, who each own a Switch, buy this, what kind of fun things can we do together?

17 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

I must be the only still bothered that you can still grow fruit in the middle of Winter.

For talking animals...

• Upvote 9

Never played animal crossing before. I just watched the direct and am none the wiser about what the appeal is. It looks a bit shit. 

• Downvote 17
  • Empathy 2

1 hour ago, Popo said:

I haven’t really been following things in close detail - if my friend and I, who each own a Switch, buy this, what kind of fun things can we do together?

I think such details should be kept secret between you and your friend. ;)

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Never played animal crossing before. I just watched the direct and am none the wiser about what the appeal is. It looks a bit shit. 

Here is a quick primer on Animal Crossing:

Currently the best game of all time is Animal Crossing New Leaf

In the near future the best game of all time will probably be Animal Crossing New Horizon

Fin

• Upvote 6

I’ve only dabbled in the last couple of versions, I think I burned out on the DS one (I still remember us all visiting each other’s towns, was it Graham S who turned his into a space museum?) so lots of recent developments have probably passed me by. So my most pressing question is...

When did Nook Inc rip off the Nintendo logo font?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Popo said:

Catch bugs, fish (when visiting a friends town in New Leaf, I've found you have better luck catching rare fish), sell perfect fruit for a profit in your friends store, sell turnips for a big profit when your friend has a great price for turnips in his shop, send funny letters to your friends animals, which they will show in time to your friend, swap items which you and friends need.

• Upvote 1

The simultaneous mp on one switch has really muddied the water on how I should play this with the family. Was going to have it on the lite as the family animal crossing machine. But now it kind of has to be on the main switch (For TV Play) if we want to do MP locally.  Not sure how much fun that will be though. 

We all watched and we are really looking forward to it. It looks great. 

One thing that wasn’t clear. If you had it on cart could you use the same cart on multiple switches to create multiple islands? It suggested a switch and a cart for each island but surely there’s no way if can ID that the cart has already been used for an island elsewhere?

Well, it can ID your card because otherwise you’d be able to claim the gold points for each card for as many people as you want.

I doubt it would for this, though.

1 hour ago, Keyboard Koala said:

I knew those dodos' names sounded familiar...

(W)right?

I don’t know if I missed this, but I wonder what they will do with the standby function of the Switch.

RIP Mr Resetti?

17 hours ago, deKay said:

Been winding my daughter up all through that Direct. Telling her she can’t have a copy, it won’t work on her Switch Lite, etc.

Little does she know that when she’s finished her homework later her reward is a download code.

She was so excited only dogs could hear her.

• Upvote 7

32 minutes ago, Flub said:

If anyone wants a cheap Isabelle amiibo (And why wouldn't you honestly) go here

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Animal-Crossing-Amiibo-Festival-Nintendo/dp/B016BCC3NC

Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival for the Wii U

£9.90 with two amiibos.

I genuinely bought that set from Poundland a couple of years ago, I posted here at the time. Wish I’d bought 30 of them so I could give them out to forum members on the 20th as AC Day presents.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, deKay said:

She was so excited only dogs could hear her.

Parenting done actually right; fuck with your kids then show them how awesome you are.

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

Parenting done actually right; fuck with your kids then show them how awesome you are.

Heh. Only problem now is the icon which will taunt for a month.

The website is less stressful when it comes to explaining the situation with saves.

Between the data recovery and the ability to transfer everything over to a new console, I’m cautiously optimistic about starting my new life on my launch Switch now.

save-file-transfer-support-coming-later-

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/02/animal_crossing_new_horizons_will_support_save_file_transfers_later_this_year

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, deKay said:

Heh. Only problem now is the icon which will taunt for a month.

well that and the fact she has been told there are cloud saves coming and no mortgages to pay off. 

• Upvote 1

Probably going to get mob lynched for this but not much has changed has it. Your still going to be fishing, chopping trees, paying off Nook, getting pissed off at Resetti etc.

It looks very very similar to the older versions of AC.

1 minute ago, cohen205 said:

Probably going to get mob lynched for this but not much has changed has it. Your still going to be fishing, chopping trees, paying off Nook, getting pissed off at Resetti etc.

It looks very very similar to the older versions of AC.

How to build on perfection. 

• Upvote 2

Nintendo could just put dedicated servers up and/or make item transfers online only. That sounds a bit more reasonable to me.