rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

2 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

Wait, I thought cherry blossoms were just cosmetic. Can you interact with them?

Haha. Yeah man. You can catch them with net! Used for crafting sweet loot

They're getting overshadowed by the eggs but they are a seasonal event too, with recipes for unique items.

42 minutes ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

Yes. I have about 8 of them scattered about the floor. 

If you have them on you and stand next to a wall you should get the option to hang them.

I have craploads of trees (many of which have converted to cherry blossom trees) and have tons of cherry blossoms all the time, so sounds like it is related. Probably tied to the number of cherry blossom trees you have?

@Jamie John I will be opening later this afternoon and my shop sells roses, will give you a heads up in the thread.

• Upvote 1

When your have a workbench in your house, is there a way to craft stuff straight from your storage, or do you really have to get everything out and into your pockets first? It seems ridiculous, but I wonder if I'm missing something given how wardrobes work.

5 minutes ago, MalevolentPanda said:

When your have a workbench in your house, is there a way to craft stuff straight from your storage, or do you really have to get everything out and into your pockets first? It seems ridiculous, but I wonder if I'm missing something given how wardrobes work.

You need the stuff in your pockets.

1 hour ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

Is 5 rooms the house maximum I take it?

Should be 6 no? Main, back, left, right, upstairs and basement.

25 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

If you have them on you and stand next to a wall you should get the option to hang them.

Yeah, the option pops up but they won't hang.

I have tried everything. Tried every room. Nope,.not working. 

Wild City is open again. My daughter is on at the moment but people are most welcome to visit. Code: 8BDBV

Just now, RYAN WHITELAW said:

Yeah, the option pops up but they won't hang.

I have tried everything. Tried every room. Nope,.not working. 

Try going into layout mode first (down on dpad), then into wall mode (+), then select the record from your pocket (x) or from storage (right on dpad).

9 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

You need the stuff in your pockets.

Then that is the worst thing about this game. Completely stupid.

Just now, Jamie John said:

Try going into layout mode first (down on dpad), then into wall mode (+), then select the record from your pocket (x) or from storage (right on dpad).

Yup. Tried this. Won't allow me . 

Have you tried doing it with a completely empty room? Because I can't find anything about this on Google. It sounds very bizarre.

3 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

Third Sunday I’ve played this game and still no turnip trader. Fucking bullshit man.

No turnip man at my place either. I have saved up all week as well. 

The way the multiplayer is linked to the profile of the person playing is frustrating. Both profiles need to be tied to separate Nintendo ID accounts. Which then begs the question do both players need separate Nintendo Online accounts too?

I've invited a friend to the island, but I need to be online the whole time - I can't just leave the island open for my partner to play - and they can't invite my friends over whilst playing solo.

C'mon, Nintendo - it shouldn't be this complicated.

8 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

You've both got Nook's Cranny and are looking before mid-day?

There’s a before mid-day on COVID-19 Sundays? :unsure: 

3 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

There’s a before mid-day on COVID-19 Sunday? :unsure: 

If you want turnips there is.

No hanami parties this lockdown?

Pah!

Marina's singing K.K.'s Love Song.

Gates are open.

IMG_20200405_223152.jpg

• Upvote 3

Lots happening in my island of Shadyglade today (minor spoilers for potential animal neighbours/houses)

- Got an S rank for my house (no Easter eyesores involved)

- Two new residents have amazing houses, one has an angel themed room and the other a full on Japanese temple complete with hot tub and bonsai tree!

- One of the new residents, Soleil, is some sort of... hamster, maybe? If you see her on my island, let me know what you think!

- My latest arrival moving in today is an eagle! He seems cool!

- Found two of my villagers singing together in the plaza this morning :wub:

- And in the biggest news for me, my island in two days has gone from Rank 1 to Rank 4!

Spoilers for 'endgame' content:

So I will be getting my KK concert very soon, Nooks just phoned him and it might happen tomorrow! I hope it does because its my day off work... if it happens when I'm at work I'll be seriously pissed! Will let you know the deets once I have a day/time.

Question about eggs - I have a ton of the common ones and I've already made all but 3 or 4 of the total recipes. Should I just sell them or are there usually super expensive recipes coming towards Bunny day?

Tip - You can spray designs on the ground on other player's islands. Might need to be friends or best friends though (I've only tried it on a best friend). Could be a way to get other people's ground tiles before you unlock Able sharing. Also seems like a good way to leave friendly/trolling messages for your mates to find!

The storage thing is really annoying, although this game isn't alone. I was recently playing My Time at Portia (similar to Stardew Valley), which at your house and yard lets you use all contents of your chests in crafting. All games with crafting should adopt this for your home base! What a waste of time, its especially annoying when crafting tools (now I see why you all have big stacks of them lying around!).

Plaza Upgrade spoiler:

Does anyone have any good custom island tunes? I changed mine but it's annoying me and I can't be arsed figuring out a new one.

Opening up for shopping/exploring. Dodo Code: 2YX6G

Please don't sprint much as I have random flowers scattered everywhere. Fossil exchange is behind museum, take one leave one policy (it's quite full at the moment). Nooks is selling plasma ball and a flowery kettle as well as a diner wall, skull wall, rose, hyacinth and windflower seeds.

@Jamie John I'm open!

• Upvote 1

Tl;dr: Being player 2 on your own game sucks. 

Gaaah! This game is infuriating if you're not the island representative!

I complained about a week ago that were were stuck for 5 days, unaware that only the first person on the island could progress the story. 

1 week later of hand holding my youngest son through all the quests that Nook gives so we can get everything unlocked, we finally have the upgraded resident services! Yes! We can have bridges and ramps! Except, also no! WE can't build them... Only the island representative can! 

I was looking forward to unlocking terraforming, but I'm not going to be able to do that either am I?

All this wouldn't be a problem if each player could have their own island, but the only way to do that us to buy a switch for each player! 

In hoping for an update that allows the island rep to give permission for other islanders to build stuff, or for the rep status to be transferable. That's not likely to happen is it? 

All that said. It's still a lovely game and we are playing it every day. I'm just disappointed that I'm playing animal crossing lite. 

3 minutes ago, GC Zombie said:

Tl;dr: Being player 2 on your own game sucks. 

Gaaah! This game is infuriating if you're not the island representative!

I complained about a week ago that were were stuck for 5 days, unaware that only the first person on the island could progress the story. 

1 week later of hand holding my youngest son through all the quests that Nook gives so we can get everything unlocked, we finally have the upgraded resident services! Yes! We can have bridges and ramps! Except, also no! WE can't build them... Only the island representative can! 

I was looking forward to unlocking terraforming, but I'm not going to be able to do that either am I?

All this wouldn't be a problem if each player could have their own island, but the only way to do that us to buy a switch for each player! 

In hoping for an update that allows the island rep to give permission for other islanders to build stuff, or for the rep status to be transferable. That's not likely to happen is it? 

All that said. It's still a lovely game and we are playing it every day. I'm just disappointed that I'm playing animal crossing lite. 

Why don't you just go on his profile when he's in bed?

• Upvote 1

Been caning it since it came out and still haven’t unlocked terraforming, tbh not really fussed with upscaling to God/Dubai powers to that extent. Feels off, prefer this game to make you think about your decisions and stick to it and within the rules that were given at the start.

Also, @Lyrical Donut thanks for the gift of the bears, can now complete my bear family (bear milkman notwithstanding).

4D95F768-0335-4597-A554-8DB1A52547B4.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

Third Sunday I’ve played this game and still no turnip trader. Fucking bullshit man.

36 minutes ago, Kieran said:

No turnip man at my place either. I have saved up all week as well. 

Aparently turnip person leaves at 12???

Fucks sake. I farmed all night to make over 200K to pay off a bridge and buy turnips. And I thought I had all day to do it. So didn’t buy any this morning. 

Gutted :( 

• Empathy 2

12 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Why don't you just go on his profile when he's in bed?

That is the workaround that I'm having to do, with the extra step of having to login to mine first to drop all the stuff that's needed onto the ground so I can pick it up when I'm logged into his profile. 

What a load of faffing about, just let everyone build stuff!