IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

I've always wanted the game to  be more incorporated into the system it's on. Like say in your town you can build an Arcade and then any games you purchase on the Virtual Console (assuming there is a VC) appear in the arcade as wee Arcade cabinets and you can launch said games through AC if you wanted. 

6 hours ago, neoELITE said:

My daughter is utterly hyped for this. She did say though that if Wart Jnr is in it, she'll cry as a apparently, he is a right nasty piece of work. She plays it on her 3DS every single day and even sets alarms for certain events and things and puts them on her calendar. It is a lovely game and I played New Leaf for about 3 years. 

Here's my Dream address for her to visit my town, if she wants?

7C00 - 000F - 5F75

• 8 months later...

I'd rather wait, the last main console one wasn't all that imho and animal crossing is perfect for docking and playing on the commute and every other location known to man. Also then playing it 2p locally with another islander is great if I have a friend over but don't want to play anything else and they don't just have to watch me picking weeds. 

They can now help.

Oh it's actually 4p locally! Everyone is going to help me weed!

I hope you can still upgrade shops and the like, one of the things I loved about New Leaf was unlocking the shops on the street bit by bit, oh and a Museum, I need me a Museum. 

I'm assuming after your tent you'll be able to upgrade to a house etc. 

Where's my DS I can't wait until bloody March I need to dust New Leaf off 

31 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Where's my DS I can't wait until bloody March I need to dust New Leaf off 

New Leaf was 3DS not DS! You mean Wild World.

Deserted island didn't fill me with hope but as the trailer went on the more I liked. Was hoping for a larger play area with more options for developing buildings/attractions etc.. expanding on New Leaf's Mayor stuff.

2 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Deserted island didn't fill me with hope but as the trailer went on the more I liked. Was hoping for a larger play area with more options for developing buildings/attractions etc.. expanding on New Leaf's Mayor stuff.

There will be more than just that island, as you see in the video in my post above. I bet you can build bridges across the water, to the larger island you can see across the water from your island. Otherwise it would be terribly limiting.

11 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

There will be more than just that island, as you see in the video in my post above. I bet you can build bridges across the water, to the larger island you can see across the water from your island. Otherwise it would be terribly limiting.

This is Nintendo, though. You really can’t be sure about this, given how many boneheaded decisions they’ve made in the past! (They’re such a weird company, really - capable of the very best games ever made when they get a team to put their heart and soul and enough time into a project, but also capable of putting out a lot of stuff that’s just competent with really bad basic design failings compared to the standards of the era.) The difference between A-tier Nintendo and B-tier Nintendo is vast. I hope that Animal Crossing is going to be one of their flagship games on the Switch, but it’s far from guaranteed.

I’d be interested in this depending on the multiplayer options - my friend and I struggle to find games to play on the line since we don’t live very close to each other. 

The treehouse video showed another local player being invited to the first player’s island, but the camera follows player one, with the second player being transported back to the first when they move too far away, so even this seems very focussed on one person - I’d have hoped for a more balanced approach. 

I guess we haven’t seen everything yet, but local play with each person on their own Switch working together on a shared, persistent island is where my mind went to - ditto for online play. 

Can somebody please convince me that buying another (will be my 7th) 3DS is pathetic just because I have an Animal Crossing itch that can't wait till march please. 

I'm sat here with my Switch on my lap and my Mrs has love Island on wishing I was on the New Leaf Island fishing for sharks :(

8 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Can somebody please convince me that buying another (will be my 7th) 3DS is pathetic just because I have an Animal Crossing itch that can't wait till march please. 

I'm sat here with my Switch on my lap and my Mrs has love Island on wishing I was on the New Leaf Island fishing for sharks :(

Go for it. ;)

10 hours ago, CovisGod said:

Do it. I've got the 2DS XL and it's my most played console still. Mind you, I don't have a Switch yet.

• Mr Do 71 changed the title to Animal Crossing: New Horizons.