Animal Crossing: New Horizons

2 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Does everyone else have a villager that is always singing in the plaza in the evening? It’s adorable.

My monkey sings absolutely everywhere lol. 

The best bit is, if you play your ocarina as 2 beat chords with them, it will always harmonise with the singing :wub:

I’ve had pairs of them sing together, and the male islanders sing a different octave. 

This may have already been answered somewhere in the thread's 202 pages (!) so apologies if so. 

For sharing an island on the same switch, for players who are not the main player, do the limitations on what you can do (as I understand it from reviews you can't make 'island progress' whatever that means) stop it being as fun? Or is it that once you are past the first few days and things are unlocked both you and the main player are essentially back to feature parity? I'm hoping to get this and share an island with my wife but I want to know what restrictions either I or her will be in for. 

1 hour ago, NexivRed said:

I don’t even know how many are in the game, but don’t worry. You know me, I like to stumble across stuff by surprise a lot :) 

Jesus!! Didn’t you like, only buy the game a week ago? That’s fast work to get KK! I’ll have to come visit. 

I haven’t had a single hybrid flower appear. At all. Where am I going wrong? The only ones I have are from islands. 

Worst thing so far is I’m struggling to keep up with who needs what and who can make what and I can’t remember stuff I’ve promised or need. I feel like I’m missing out on a lot and forgetting people etc. 

The hybrids: all I did was plant seeds for day a red and white flower next to each other, with space for an extra to sprout and then water them everyday.  I believe there’s a few guides knocking around. I kind of discovered them myself by accident as I planted red and white alternate tulips at the start :) 

I definitely plan to clear some room for a flower field at some point, I find watering the flowers strangely therapeutic :wub:

36 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

No, none of those. I just wanted to choose from the randomers I found on islands :( 

If you have a free slot on your island then there’s a chance Tom Nook will sell it randomly if you haven’t invited someone. So if you’ve made a plot you need to go and find a resident to move in ASAP or risk a random.

Talking to Isabelle about a resident is, I think, only for resetting them. I’ve not done it but I think it might reset things like nick names or clothes,.

The mechanisms to get someone to move out are, I don’t think, not yet fully known. Some suggestions you need to stop talking to them. I’ve had one resident ask me if they should move out. I’d spoken to them every day and done nothing different, so maybe it’s just a random event too

13 hours ago, bradigor said:

Decided to start dabbling in dealing crack after my windfall yesterday in the Stalk Market. Had to invest wisely but I did treat the den to an upgrade.

Do you have the garbage floor?

26 minutes ago, lau said:

This may have already been answered somewhere in the thread's 202 pages (!) so apologies if so. 

For sharing an island on the same switch, for players who are not the main player, do the limitations on what you can do (as I understand it from reviews you can't make 'island progress' whatever that means) stop it being as fun? Or is it that once you are past the first few days and things are unlocked both you and the main player are essentially back to feature parity? I'm hoping to get this and share an island with my wife but I want to know what restrictions either I or her will be in for. 

It doesn't stop it being fun, it is however, wildly annoying! It will take a week or 2 to progress the "story" to a point that it doesn't become too much of an issue. Only p1 can relocate buildings and build bridges and inclines though, but you won't be doing that too often so hopping on to the main account to start the process isn't too painful.

I'm not the main player on our island and it hasn't stopped me playing every day. Although I have had to play as the main islander to get things moving a few times.

27 minutes ago, ryodi said:

I’ve tried using my Amiibo cards to get Peanut to move to my town but I don’t think they work until your town is full and someone has to move out to let them in.

You need to invite them to your town 3 times. On the third time they will want to move in. Will work before your town is full too :) 

11 minutes ago, Mitchell said:

That’s outstanding. Wish I had the room!! The haybale roll is particularly excellent. 

Everyone who has space should make one! They’re so much fun. Mine’s simple but a good laugh. 
Gonna do a terraforming one with poles when I unlock it. 

.....this is why I have no room for houses..

So far, as I previously documented, I accidentally had Rex move out when Apollo came to the campsite after we were full, and the came seemingly picked someone at random to be asked if they wanted to trade. We had the choice, and I pressed the wrong button. Sad.

The next day, Alice asked me if she should move. Not sure why, things had seemingly been fine.

Since then, 3 of our residents have gotten into arguments with Lucha, so he really needs to go. So now I need to figure out how to evict on purpose. Ostracising has now commenced.

48 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

If you have a free slot on your island then there’s a chance Tom Nook will sell it randomly if you haven’t invited someone. So if you’ve made a plot you need to go and find a resident to move in ASAP or risk a random.

Talking to Isabelle about a resident is, I think, only for resetting them. I’ve not done it but I think it might reset things like nick names or clothes,.

The mechanisms to get someone to move out are, I don’t think, not yet fully known. Some suggestions you need to stop talking to them. I’ve had one resident ask me if they should move out. I’d spoken to them every day and done nothing different, so maybe it’s just a random event too

I had my unicorn thinking about moving out today. He is a bit of an arse but I love his room too much, plus I decorated his garden to match his profession, so I decided to let him stay. Weird thing is I've only had him about 4 days! I did just place my final land plot the night before so maybe it's related?

44 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

There is one orange tree on my island. When I shake it the fruit do not fall.  If I hit with an axe they fall but then disappear when they hit the ground?

I had a buggy egg tree yesterday, I couldn't shake the eggs off it even using the stone axe. When I came back from visiting another players island, I was able to shake the eggs off but they disappeared when they hit the ground. So could could be a bug. Maybe try digging up the tree and moving it somewhere else.

Another possibility is if you have flowers, weeds or objects around your tree, the fruit may have nowhere to land (even though they can jump an extra space if the immediate ones are full). I've seen some of my fruit falling off trees dissapear due to this and it can even happen to balloon presents if you pop them in a congested place.

3 hours ago, spanx said:

What’s the right most fossilised creature in the third room, where I have a gap here...

image.thumb.jpeg.4e3f34a56e9a4b5ee121052cd84a8f75.jpeg

Its the last fossil(s) I need to complete the collection. If anyone could help I will shower you with all my fossils, now and going forward. 

Blimey I have that in the museum. Eyes peeled for you tomorrow. 

Just now, the_debaser said:

How do you know how far you’ve got with the fossil collection, other than going around the exhibits?

Why here's a handy checklist if you want to keep track of what you have (and don't mind knowing th full set)...

https://thesnwmn.github.io/acnh_fossil_checklist/

You can find what you already have by going to the Nook Stop and the Nook Shopping option. The flooring option (their from right on bottom row shows all fossils you have in the museum).

1 hour ago, iknowgungfu said:

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

There is one orange tree on my island. When I shake it the fruit do not fall.  If I hit with an axe they fall but then disappear when they hit the ground?

This is not typically a bug, it happens when there are no free spots close enough to the tree for the fruit to end up in.  It can cause 1, 2 or all 3 of the fruit to disappear if you have only 2, 1 or 0 free spaces.  Move the tree or clear the ground around it and the problem should go away

5 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

I meant the one under the Diplodocus head. There's another by the meteor and one up a level overlooking the main floor. Have I missed anything? 

I think that’s the set I’m aware of. The third room may have a little camera trickery in a spot up top but not sure.