Animal Crossing: New Horizons

I FINALLY GOT THIS. Oh boy. This thread has kept me so excited for this and the switch arrived today and is waiting for the toddler to go to sleep to get played. I'm more excited about a game than I have been for at least a decade. :D:D:D

7 minutes ago, Azrael said:

This is the most flawed best game ever. 

It really is.

I would have liked having a crack at the fishing tourney but the sheer tedium of collecting clams and then hammering A to turn them into bait in order to enter just made it a real chore.

It'd be nice if the stall offered bait to buy just to avoid the busy work.

15 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Did you get all the cherry blossom stuff you were wanting Laine?

No I was busy trying to catch the petals before they stopped and then I was going to come back to the trading thread. There’s  definitely some I don't have! I need to check a list and see. Do you have all the recipes? 

Licky End gates open while I'm AFK, terraforming still a work in progress but at least you can get to Nooks without a ladder now, tailors still needs one though... Come take a look at how the town is progressing! Fossil and recipe swap available...

C5D3C

30 minutes ago, Mike S said:

It really is.

I would have liked having a crack at the fishing tourney but the sheer tedium of collecting clams and then hammering A to turn them into bait in order to enter just made it a real chore.

It'd be nice if the stall offered bait to buy just to avoid the busy work.

Would love it if there was a wee fishing shop that you could build. Selling bait, recipes for different types of bait, upgrades to the fishing rod etc. 

I managed 77 points in the end, only used 10 bait so rest of the time just catching 5 to 7 fish a go. 

40 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

So I've just discovered that bridges can't be built over rivers on raised terrain.

TERRAFORMING PLANS RUINED.

you mean you can only put them on the lowest level?

that would cock up my plan

48 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

So I've just discovered that bridges can't be built over rivers on raised terrain.

TERRAFORMING PLANS RUINED.

What do you mean by this? I built a bridge on the middle level, so perhaps you just don't have quite enough clearance? It seems, because I've done this, that it needs more space to build a bridge than it will let you chip away afterwards.

1 minute ago, Uncle Mike said:

What do you mean by this? I built a bridge on the middle level, so perhaps you just don't have quite enough clearance? It seems, because I've done this, that it needs more space to build a bridge than it will let you chip away afterwards.

Ah, OK - I'll have another look after dinner.

On the fishing tournament, I ended up more chilled about it than I thought I would. I scored a total of roughly 130, I reckon, so I'll be getting a bronze trophy tomorrow I think. Certainly CJ said to expect something in the mail.

But then it also seems like points and totals just carry over to the next, so everyone would get a gold in the end - you don't need to sit there for the whole day grinding out 300 points.

And once I learnt from the guy in here that two or three 5-7 point runs is quicker than one 11 point run and a clam farm, it was a lot more chilled. Just run around crazy fishing.

I was quite relaxed about it until I realised that there was enough time left to get to 200.  I then had several crap runs as the amount of fish spawning on my favourite west cost had really dropped and finally squeaked over the line with 1 minute to spare.  Really hope that in the next one we carry on from where we got to as no way am I gonna do 0-300 in one go.

Have a few duplicates esp the marine pop wallpaper so will update the trading thread after cooking dinner

Probably a bit of a noob comment but during the fishing tournament I realised that if I was facing into the sea due south, I could throw bait then immediately cast and the fish would be lined up ready to bite. Saved a lot of faffing about lining up, or it would have done if my controller drift didn't keep resurfacing. 

4 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

Probably a bit of a noob comment but during the fishing tournament I realised that if I was facing into the sea due south, I could throw bait then immediately cast and the fish would be lined up ready to bite. Saved a lot of faffing about lining up, or it would have done if my controller drift didn't keep resurfacing. 

Yeah, my wife found a nice spot like that due East from our plaza and it saved loads of time on the baited runs.

1 hour ago, Azrael said:

Would love it if there was a wee fishing shop that you could build. Selling bait, recipes for different types of bait, upgrades to the fishing rod etc. 

I managed 77 points in the end, only used 10 bait so rest of the time just catching 5 to 7 fish a go. 

I didn't even think of not using bait as the last time I bothered with fishing it was mostly those damn eggs..

9 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

That won't work, either. Hey ho! 

Spent most of the last 5 days finding lots of stuff out about limitations like this after most of the rest of the work was done :( 8 inlines has been killing me. Having to move my Museum and house for the third time to get some inclines back.