rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Whilst placing a potted plant into my surveillance centre (in order to improve air quality damaged by all the electronics) I noticed that it wobbles in the draught when my wall mounted fan points its way.

Which is very, very pleasing.

• Upvote 3

Anyone got any fruit cardboard boxes apart from pears and peaches? Trying to collect the whole set...

• Upvote 1

I've never played Animal Crossing before, would this be any good for a five year old?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Hass said:

I've never played Animal Crossing before, would this be any good for a five year old?

Yes. Just make sure you set up your character first before adding him/her as a resident. I imagine that it's the type of game you'll have to play with them, though, although they can run around and explore independently - there's no combat or health or anything.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Weavus said:

Anyone got any fruit cardboard boxes apart from pears and peaches? Trying to collect the whole set...

I’ve got cherries, just sent you one. Swap for one?

I might that have to essentially rebuild my arena again as I now have TV cameras and want to add a producers room to it. 

Never going to be finished with it. Might just take a break from it and focus on the rest of island. 

24 minutes ago, Hass said:

Will he be the main player or will you?

I’m finding it a nightmare that my 5 year old can pick up items, scuff out custom paths, and seems to have terraforming abilities as a second player. 

I really wish there was an option for him to interact with the island in the way a friend would. Catch fish and hugs, sell for bells, buy clothes etc. 

Bunny day should have been a weekend event. It went on for far too long, I'm glad it's over. I'm still dizzy from rolling my eyes every time I dug up an earth egg or fished a sea egg. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, ymaohyd said:

I’ve got cherries, just sent you one. Swap for one?

Sure I'll post one back... any preference?

1 hour ago, Weavus said:

Pretty sure I have orange, I'll check in a bit. Trying to collect the set too.

edit - sent!

42 minutes ago, Hass said:

My six year old enjoys it but also finds it frustrating as he’s not progressing as fast as his big sister and finds the grind for certain milestones too much to stick to and so progress slows and frustration builds. I’ve been playing for him at night to help make progress. 

You will also need to help read some stuff as you need to know what to focus on at certain tunes to progress.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Weavus said:

Got an apple one in store today, if you can wait until later tonight (after 2000) you can pop over and get one from the shop :)

• Upvote 2

I don't know much about this game but my girlfriend loves it.

She's playing on my account and would like some friends, so if this is the right place and anyone is interested my code is: SW-8407-0492-5221

Cheers!

• Upvote 2

Putting down custom pathways doesn't allow you to round the corners of designs. ROTTEN. 

Seriously though, that's a really surprising oversight, or decision. With Animal Crossing games these eccentric limitations always feel like decisions, Nintendo don't do obvious oversights much, and the AC team is exceptional at detail. But I really don't see what it would break. Shame. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gingerling said:

Do I need to water flowers if it's raining?

Nope, save your watering can and take the day off. :)

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Wouldn't mind one too, I'll be over. @Weavus can I pick up and drop the ones you have so I can stick them in my catalogue?

Yup absolutely, feel free to pick up the Apple one if you get the chance. I currently have Orange, Pear, Cherry and Peach, just need that Apple one.. (don't think they do Coconut)

Has anyone spotted lovely and modern furniture? It’s my fave and I always get complete sets! I’ll be sad if it isn’t in this version.

25 minutes ago, Laine said:

Has anyone spotted lovely and modern furniture? It’s my fave and I always get complete sets! I’ll be sad if it isn’t in this version.

I've seen it :) I also love it 

14 minutes ago, gingerling said:

Anyone online today that have lilies in their shop?

I've got red and white ones in mine. 

Dodo code h42pw. Anyone welcome! Any rose seed packs would also be appreciated if anyone has them.

Just ignore the messy bits of my island as I've just moved my house to the top cliff.

2 minutes ago, spork said:

I've got red and white ones in mine. 

Dodo code h42pw. Anyone welcome! Any rose seed packs would also be appreciated if anyone has them.

Just ignore the messy bits of my island as I've just moved my house to the top cliff.

Nice one :)

I will be over shortly. 

2 hours ago, NexivRed said:

Will he be the main player or will you?

I’m finding it a nightmare that my 5 year old can pick up items, scuff out custom paths, and seems to have terraforming abilities as a second player. 

I really wish there was an option for him to interact with the island in the way a friend would. Catch fish and hugs, sell for bells, buy clothes etc. 

He'd be the main player I think? What's the other option?

8 minutes ago, Hass said:

He'd be the main player I think? What's the other option?

The main player drives the story/unlockables like upgrading certain aspects of the island, buildings etc

You can only have one island per Switch, each account will live on that same island so if you want to play and the ‘main’ player hasn’t unlocked stuff your progress will be restricted so you just need to decided who is going to be best placed to unlock stuff and follow the directions given.

• Upvote 1

I think it’s the stupidest arrangement ever. 

If players 2, 3 etc can’t progress the main storyline, then why do they need access to any of the building or customising? And if they are allowed access to the big changes; and it’s a team game, then why shouldn’t they be allowed to progress the main story?

Bloody stupid. 

Just need cherries to complete my village fruits now. Can trade apples, pears, bananas, peaches, oranges and coconuts.