Animal Crossing: New Horizons

1 hour ago, StumpyJohn said:

Send them to Bubbo's prison camp!

4624C9DF-A91C-4146-8CC0-089386885DB1.thumb.jpeg.506be25c6d85c9ed2f0c21eab3f9027a.jpeg

49 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

Yeah my cheating buddy had been time-travelling like Marty McFly in a bee suit and had the shop unlocked ages ago. She had a 50 inch TV in there today for 100k. F that.

@NexivRed would love a camera if you haven’t reached your order limit yet. Need it for 100% wholesome purposes

I shall order thee one on the morrow.
I apologise, I have been ordering for new building projects.

Trying to refine some of the first areas I built. It’s hard streamlining things without losing any of the charm from when things were more simple. 

1 hour ago, Alan Stock said:

People stealing tips is a disgrace. Even if its ignorance its still bad form to pick up bells on someone else's island regardless. Maybe in future we should use PMs for turnip selling rather than put up codes that anyone can see.

This happens more often than we're aware of, me thinks. Last sunday I opened my gates as nips were sold for 90bells.

I only posted the code here on Rllmuk. I had a lot of visitors, many of which I didn't have on my friends list. Some people said their goodbyes and informed me that they'd left something for me outside my house. I went to check but nothing was there.

A few minutes later, some lass asked in the chat "Are the bells on the ground for taking?" I didn't even know what she was talking about so I ran over to her. Turned out some people left me bells, others left me nips as tips.

I tried, in a friendly manner, to tell her that they were mine and left on the ground by visitors to which she replied "u shouldn't have your valuables lying around if they are not for the taking..." She 'quietly left" right after so I've no idea wether she nicked something or not but I still wonder who that was. 

3 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Can you mail bells? That may be the way forwards. I picked up all the ones left for me in the week because I'm a paranoid/useless.

I think only those who are best friends ( in-game ) can mail bells.

17 minutes ago, gingerling said:

Is there any chance you can order me a We’re Open sign? Pretty please.

@andyw any chance you can reopen later? I need a shit ton of flowers for my WELCOME design 

I’ll have a look but I don’t think it’s in my catalogue because of the way I acquired it. Balloon I think. 

I've had about eight of them, but then all I seem to do is fish. The Oarfish museum exhibit is disappointing, I thought it might be bugged. It just stays perfectly straight and still like it died. I want to see it snake about like some Shenron* shit.

*had to look that up

Edit: I don't think you *need* bait for anything do you? Bait just makes fish appear in places you want them to appear, i.e. end of pier, river mouth, river origin, where only certain fish lurk.

58 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

4624C9DF-A91C-4146-8CC0-089386885DB1.thumb.jpeg.506be25c6d85c9ed2f0c21eab3f9027a.jpeg

I shall order thee one on the morrow.
I apologise, I have been ordering for new building projects.

Trying to refine some of the first areas I built. It’s hard streamlining things without losing any of the charm from when things were more simple. 

Tidy! Yeah was struggling to fill the island up with tat which wouldn’t wreck the place to get the 5 stars. Got there in the end by just having little mini scenes dotted all over the island. 100% wholesome. 

2 hours ago, Alan Stock said:

My Ables has the crown (1 million bells) and royal crown (1.2 million bells) if anyone is feeling rich, leaving island open to friends over dinner  (Jiggy at Shadyglade).

People stealing tips is a disgrace. Even if its ignorance its still bad form to pick up bells on someone else's island regardless. Maybe in future we should use PMs for turnip selling rather than put up codes that anyone can see.

Tipping culture is getting a bit out of hand for this lovely game. Enforcing tipping etiquette, broadcasting how much one’s tipped and tip shaming is all a bit gross. Proper I’d like to speak the managers vibes.

When I had my island open for the Turnip dramas, was just as appreciative of a x2 99k bag drop as I was if someone left a spare bike really.

I’ve been just as happy with fruit and gifts as much as the cash. It’s nice to be able to help each other out and I guess once you get the last house extension the pursuit of cash falls a bit? Swiping someone else’s is a bit much though

14 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

I’ve been just as happy with fruit and gifts as much as the cash. It’s nice to be able to help each other out and I guess once you get the last house extension the pursuit of cash falls a bit? Swiping someone else’s is a bit much though

People are awful. Fundamental rule of life. They just are.

I was actually just looking forward to people visiting my Island and hopefully helping someone get a good price on their 'nips. 

It did actually make me laugh when I saw them taking the bells. My youngest daughter thought it was hilarious! 

I quite like the idea someone had here about an "open garden" where we can take turns at visiting each others islands. It was great that a few people came to me tonight but I noticed that no one saw the maze I'd lovingly built; probably as thy were all being too polite to spend too much time there, in fear of holding up fellow 'nip sellers :)

2 hours ago, Azrael said:

2 days in a row I've got 90000 bells from a money tree 

Also for the first time ever it's raining on my island 

After sticking 30k in the hole I guess? I thought the limit was 10k in the hole turning into 30k on the tree.

I heard that if you put 10k in, you're guaranteed 30k (3x10k), but any higher and it's a gamble. You could plant 99k and triple it, but you could also end up with 30k again, making a loss. I've been sticking with burying 10k so far. I'll gamble when I have a lot more money and less to buy.

1 hour ago, mikeyl said:

Tipping culture is getting a bit out of hand for this lovely game. Enforcing tipping etiquette, broadcasting how much one’s tipped and tip shaming is all a bit gross. Proper I’d like to speak the managers vibes.

When I had my island open for the Turnip dramas, was just as appreciative of a x2 99k bag drop as I was if someone left a spare bike really.

I agree, when you see the turnip exchange app (which at its core is a nice idea), the messages are so mercenary. It's quite sad and funny how the turnip stuff is kind of the antithesis of the spirit of the game and people lap it up.

However, the developers did put in in there for a reason (and at its core the games progression is based around money and debt!). Plus I for one enjoy the turnip madness, I just think its been taken to some extremes. It's a kind of brilliant social sandbox in that way.

There was a good article on Kotaku or something recently which featured people using player bouncers to manage tips etc when opening up to random players, they came appropriately dressed and started a trend. So even the "cutthroat" (haha) underworld of turnip trading can be embraced and have its charm.

I feel like this subject is dying for a spoof Ross Kemp style documentary into the brutal underworld beneath Animal Crossing, its brilliant!

Open for after hours moochers. My house is probably more interesting than the rest of the island because that's where the time has been sunk. 

At least 30 fossils for swapsies on the South West Beach. 

Happy to catalogue or back order stuff. 

Dodo 7MB5J